Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Are any mods good for our mustangs?

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2006, 02:31 AM
v6stanggoddess
1st Gear Member

Default Are any mods good for our mustangs?

I have been curious if mods are good for our cars? For example the CAI. I was watching TV and it said that our engines are designed to get the hot air out. So I figure the cold air thing that forces cold air IN would actually be better for our cars. And therefor would be good to get it. So do some mods actualy improve our cars lives?

My goal right now..actually I have two. First is to retro my mustang...and second is to be as fast as an 04 GT. So from what I heard, duals, a tuner, a cai would make me close to an 04 Gt right? Or faster?
Old 07-22-2006, 02:34 AM
Jeremy
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Are any mods good for our mustangs?

Sorry it won't get you close to an 04GT. 98- GT you can compete. As for improveing our car lives........don't know, good question.
Old 07-22-2006, 02:35 AM
badtzmaru
4th Gear Member

What ever upgrade you do to your car is good, well most of the time it is if you do it right. But a CAI is good for your car since it does let your car breath better.
I do not have an '05/06 but I am not slow either. Good luck and keep modding your stang.
Old 07-22-2006, 02:37 AM
v6stanggoddess
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Jeremy

Sorry it won't get you close to an 04GT. 98- GT you can compete. As for improveing our car lives........don't know, good question.

What else besides a super charger or turbo one would get me to an 04 gt? Or is that all I can do[&o]
Old 07-22-2006, 02:40 AM
Jeremy
4th Gear Member

Well, if you wait for camshaflts to come out and do every basic bolt on, you might be able to get up there. Are you competing with someone?
Old 07-22-2006, 02:43 AM
v6stanggoddess
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Jeremy

Well, if you wait for camshaflts to come out and do every basic bolt on, you might be able to get up there. Are you competeing with someone?

What are camshafts? And what other bolt ons? Excuse my ignorance please!! And I am competing with my older brother who destroyed me in a race. The race was on a private road though so it was safe!!!! No one on it.

But he drove up to see me. And challenged me. And then destroyed me! Now I want to beat him without destroying my warranty!!
Old 07-22-2006, 02:47 AM
Jeremy
4th Gear Member

Camshafts control the valves(Open to let air in and to let air out) different ones will let in air more or keep it open longer.

Basic bolt ons:
CAI
Tuner
Headers
Exhaust
Hi flow cats
Pulleys

Anyone else want to add anything, if I forgot something.
Old 07-22-2006, 02:48 AM
badtzmaru
4th Gear Member

Start researching.

www.powerdyne.com this is a good intro supercharger for someone that wants to go fast but still retain your stock engine.
Old 07-22-2006, 02:49 AM
v6stanggoddess
1st Gear Member

Jeremy I am glad you brought up headers. I have read on these forums that they add no gains. But they make our mustangs sound awesome? What are high flow cats and how much are they? Do they void warranty? Only thing this gal is afriad of[:@]
Old 07-22-2006, 02:54 AM
Jeremy
4th Gear Member

I've noticed gains from my headers(JBA shorties), and yes they sound awsome. High flow cats are catalic(?) converters(required for smog regulated states), better ones let air flow out faster so air can go into your engine faster. Everybody is saying something different about warrenty voiders, some are it voids everything or it only voids that part of the engine. Do what ever you feel, I don't really care anyways(I'm almost up to 30,000 miles on my car).

Quick Reply: Are any mods good for our mustangs?