Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Butt first....ouch!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2006, 05:41 PM
mdlesk
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Butt first....ouch!!

Yeah, he is right. Drifting is not something that should be done on these cars everyday, especially in stock form. I do it not even once a month or once every two months, just for the rush. If you decide to do it in a parking lot, make sure that you are not near any light poles or anything. Don't want something happening to you
Old 07-24-2006, 05:58 PM
28HopUp
MF Administrator

mdlesk Date 7/24/2006 3:41:01 PM
Yeah, he is right. Drifting is not something that should be done on these cars everyday, especially in stock form. I do it not even once a month or once every two months, just for the rush. If you decide to do it in a parking lot, make sure that you are not near any light poles or anything. Don't want something happening to you
Reminds me of a story -

Many years ago I went to vote at the local middle school - November election, and school was closed. It was a cold and rainy morning - just a lousy day to be out. When I pulled into the lot, there was only one other car there, and the people were getting into their car to leave. I park my '66 Mustang in the center of the lot, and walk towards the entrance. As the other car passes me, I noticed that their windows were all fogged over. All of a sudden, I hear their car crash!!! I stop dead in my tracks (remember that my car was the only other vehicle in the lot), picturing the worst as I turn around. Much to my relief, I looked to see that they had run into to light pole that I had parked next to!!!! Wow, I was SOOOO lucky. They were not hurt, and their car had minimal damage. (sorry for hijacking the thread)
Old 07-24-2006, 06:03 PM
mdlesk
3rd Gear Member

Lol! That is pretty funny, well not for them, but they probably think it is now.
Old 07-24-2006, 06:34 PM
sa3geabx
2nd Gear Member

Something similar happened to me. I was going into a turn, not even moving fast and my whole rear end went out behind me into one massive fishtail, then swayed the other direction before cutting back a third time. I finally got it under control and I gotta say..Scared the hell out of me, and everyone else too. All the other drivers on the road stayed about 3 lengths behind.
Old 07-24-2006, 07:07 PM
Lizzy
1st Gear Member

I am glad it not just me!!!!

Old 07-24-2006, 07:23 PM
jericho73
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: sa3geabx

Something similar happened to me. I was going into a turn, not even moving fast and my whole rear end went out behind me into one massive fishtail, then swayed the other direction before cutting back a third time. I finally got it under control and I gotta say..Scared the hell out of me, and everyone else too. All the other drivers on the road stayed about 3 lengths behind.
Sounds like my accident...sans the hitting a wall part.

I miss my car
Old 07-24-2006, 10:09 PM
sa3geabx
2nd Gear Member

I miss it too. We can spin out together in my car.
Old 07-24-2006, 10:28 PM
Lizzy
1st Gear Member

Sorry, I didn't want to bring up bad memories
Old 07-24-2006, 10:32 PM
mdlesk
3rd Gear Member

Don't cry, personally i like remember all of my old cars, like my talon. It was my favorite car, prob. cause it was my first but just the fact that i could accelerate to 75 and stop in one block was amazing. The big turbo with the AWD tranny was a deadly combination. But now it's blown, lol. Won't ever make that mistake with my Mustang! All N/A for me.
Old 07-25-2006, 04:57 AM
Fizzie06
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mdlesk

Yeah, i just turn mine off, it's kind of useless lol! It's really good to hear that nothing happened to you, but yeah rear-wheel drive can do that sometimes, especially with no weight in the back. As you drive it more and more you'll learn to control it, believe it or not how I learned to control mine was go to the mall one night after 9 (that's when they close) when it's wet or icy and pull the e-brake a little to get into a drift and then just learn to countersteer. It will do wonders.

Am I wrong but if you don't have the pony package you don't have traction control on your car. 2005 did NOT have pony package. I am just wondering what you turned off????

Quick Reply: Butt first....ouch!!