Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

wow...

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2006, 06:46 PM
06V6BlackMUSTANG

Default RE: wow...

I had trouble with a 99 Jeep Cherokee lol
Old 07-24-2006, 06:49 PM
scrming
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: SPARTAN VI

A stock camry puts out more power.. but it's barely a couple tenths faster. Stock for stock, it's probably a driver's race.

Now.. why a blown V6 could barely edge out a intake/tune/exhaust camry... I'm a little worried. [>:]
I agree... something doesn't sound quite right... ????
Old 07-24-2006, 06:50 PM
chrisc
5th Gear Member

i think we should face it...compared to a lot of these new imports our cars are pretty weak sauce without some method of f/i
Old 07-24-2006, 07:10 PM
McChicken
2nd Gear Member

The 268 hp Camry also starts at $25,000 bare bones with no options, and goes well into the 30's. So for that kind of cash you're talking GT prices anyway. If I had that kind of money, I still wouldn't get one.
Old 07-24-2006, 08:15 PM
scrming
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: McChicken

The 268 hp Camry also starts at $25,000 bare bones with no options, and goes well into the 30's. So for that kind of cash you're talking GT prices anyway. If I had that kind of money, I still wouldn't get one.
EXACTLY!!! Based on price the Camry really needs to be compared against the GT... NOT the V6... LOL!
Old 07-24-2006, 08:16 PM
blackfoot
4th Gear Member

imports make the power from the facotry, because they build them to put out their potnetial all motor, they cant takemuch mods without serious engine buidling
Old 07-24-2006, 08:26 PM
workshop4ever
2nd Gear Member

And also, don't ever expect to turn heads with a camry. LOL
Old 07-24-2006, 08:27 PM
chrisc
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: blackfoot

imports make the power from the facotry, because they build them to put out their potnetial all motor, they cant takemuch mods without serious engine buidling
i think that the 260hp camry would still be putting out more power than a modded stang though
Old 07-24-2006, 08:29 PM
ricklmesa@cox.net
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: DragonPL

Im getting beat by alot of Jap. cars at stop lights too. The old Asian lady in a Toyota Avalon hurt the most though.....I dont know is it worth to mod. it or just pay it of and trade it for the V8 and than with some mild bolt ons have some deacent power... The 4.0 is a good engine but getting beat by -family- sedans is not what I had pictured getting a V6 Mustang....well at least my car LOOKS a 10000 times better...
Learn how to drive it man, I hold my ground against my boys Titan and those armada's and those are some ballsy trucks and SUV's. I got that all the time and still do with these turbo's desiels that there putting out. I guess the desiel guys feel cause they have a turbo they go fast LOL I don't see it like that, I see it as they have good low end tq and hp for hauling LOL and I show them exactyly that! I show them that if I was in a V8 they would be seeing my tail lights cause they are already seeing me beside them in a V6!! But for some reason Turbo'd desiel boys like to think they have a Ford Lightning LOL. Especiall now that I have the little gauges by my window too! LOL Every one think I have them so I think im fast. I swear ever since I put had my gauges put in along with the charger everyone wants a shot!! Its weird, just put gauges in if you want people to mess with you race wise. LOL
Old 07-24-2006, 08:30 PM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

Not TQ though! Something doesnt sound right here, a camry at 260 to the flywheel keeps up with a blown stang. Not to mention the camry is heavier. Dosent add up at all.

Quick Reply: wow...