Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Hey Thanks Guys

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2006, 07:44 PM
mister ed
1st Gear Member

Default Hey Thanks Guys

I just got my mustang a couple of weeks ago, but before I went out and bought one, I came to this board. I figured what better way to get the pros and cons about the car, than from those who own one. Read posts from people who got crap for the cars cuz they were V6's. Now me giving mankind the benefit of the the doubt figured, ah, these guys are just running into a couple a$$holes.

I mean there's one in every crowd, right? Well after owning one, I can pretty much say, man was I wrong......there's like more than couple....and I seem to be running into all of them....but, hey, thanks to you guys, I was prepared for a kick to the shins. Ah well, thats ok. I'm an old timer from the old skool, and motors are still nothing but air pumps. When my warranty is up, well see who's doing the kicking........
Old 07-24-2006, 07:46 PM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

Default RE: Hey Thanks Guys

Welcome and congrats on your steed. Love that pony package.

So, any plains for a CAI/Tuner at least?
Old 07-24-2006, 07:48 PM
mister ed
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: rygenstormlocke

Welcome and congrats on your steed. Love that pony package.

So, any plains for a CAI/Tuner at least?
Actually i was looking at a 4:10 for starters.
Old 07-24-2006, 07:49 PM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

That will get you out of the hole right quick, I would throw a LSD in at the same time since labor will be the same.
Old 07-24-2006, 07:59 PM
chrisc
5th Gear Member

yeah, and with that set up you will need to get a tuner. why not just get it with the intake and save like 150 bucks?
Old 07-24-2006, 08:00 PM
mister ed
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: rygenstormlocke

That will get you out of the hole right quick, I would throw a LSD in at the same time since labor will be the same.
True, I figure at 158 bucks and some change, most bang for buck. Since I'm down 2 cylinders with less torque, that 4:10 should launch me like a V8. I don't believe that would void any warranties? The only thing that I am not to sure of is how its going to handle when I'm driving that puppy in the winter in NE ohio.
Old 07-24-2006, 08:09 PM
mister ed
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: chrisc

yeah, and with that set up you will need to get a tuner. why not just get it with the intake and save like 150 bucks?
Isnt a tuner and intake like 3 or 4 hundred bucks? versus a 4:10 at 158 bucks? I missing your point... or you saying I'm going to have to get a tuner anyways? I think I got it, little slow today...sorry
Old 07-24-2006, 08:20 PM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mister ed

Isnt a tuner and intake like 3 or 4 hundred bucks? versus a 4:10 at 158 bucks? I missing your point... or you saying I'm going to have to get a tuner anyways? I think I got it, little slow today...sorry
Labor on gears is 250-300, just an FYI. CAI/Tuner will run around 525 to 600. Gears is not a self install, special tools are required.
Old 07-24-2006, 08:26 PM
chrisc
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mister ed

after you put the new gears in your car, you will need to get a tune for the gears. a tuner on its own costs about 400. also, an intake on it's own will cost about 300. however, if you get the intake and tuner package it will cost like 550.
Old 07-24-2006, 08:39 PM
mister ed
1st Gear Member

I'm on the same page now....thanks for the info.....

Quick Reply: Hey Thanks Guys