Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

nitrous worth it?

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2006, 10:45 PM
bluhawkshockey31
2nd Gear Member

Default nitrous worth it?

hey guys im 16 and dont really have the budget for a f/i..however i do have the money right now for a zex setup and i was wondering if you guys thought it was worth it....i wont really use it often just when me and my friends get together on weekends and run down a road. By the way...the road is closed...so were not endangering anyone elses lives but our own. Anyway ive been told it can be like 45-50 bucks to fill up a bottle and i was wondering if u guys thought that it would really be worth it to get something like that for my car? Thanks for any imput in advance.
Old 07-25-2006, 10:47 PM
Lizzy
1st Gear Member

Default RE: nitrous worth it?

I hear it will just drive you crazy for permanet juice....
Old 07-25-2006, 10:53 PM
chrisc
5th Gear Member

^^^ very true statement right there

i used to have it on my car

ps. lizzy, you changed your pitcure? lol
Old 07-25-2006, 11:04 PM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: chrisc

^^^ very true statement right there

i used to have it on my car
I had a good safe tune on my car with it, may dyno pulls and track runs with it. Got me mid 13's easy on street tires. But this is a true statement, wanted the juice all the time!!! LOL.

In my opinion good move on her part.
Old 07-25-2006, 11:05 PM
chrisc
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: rygenstormlocke

hahahahhahahahahah
Old 07-25-2006, 11:12 PM
lilc1511
2nd Gear Member

without a doubt dollar for dollar you can NOT by any means increase your horsepower for any cheaper than a N20 setup... i just got mine in, its WELL worth it...

chris
Old 07-25-2006, 11:14 PM
scrming
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: bluhawkshockey31

hey guys im 16 and dont really have the budget for a f/i..however i do have the money right now for a zex setup and i was wondering if you guys thought it was worth it....i wont really use it often just when me and my friends get together on weekends and run down a road. By the way...the road is closed...so were not endangering anyone elses lives but our own. Anyway ive been told it can be like 45-50 bucks to fill up a bottle and i was wondering if u guys thought that it would really be worth it to get something like that for my car? Thanks for any imput in advance.
ok... Nitrous can be set up to be very safe BUT... no matter how safe you play it.. BAD THINGS can still happen... for example the solenoid can stick open... are you prepared for some very expensive repair bills?
Old 07-25-2006, 11:22 PM
LiquidLenny
1st Gear Member

[/quote]

That wasn't really her anyway. That pic was taken from some erotic photography website if I remember correctly. [sm=bustedsign.gif]
Old 07-25-2006, 11:35 PM
ricklmesa@cox.net
3rd Gear Member

I would save the money ya got and still try and go for a supercharger or a turbo. I don't know from experiance but seeing it in all those movies and hearing these guys talk about it, it seems is if you would want the juice all the time. I would .I think its like going to a strip joint. Just a tease unless you keep giving up money. LOL (money to fill the bottle that is LOL) Ya want more and more cause it make you feel so good and you'll go and fill it up for next week end LOL I would personally stay away from nitrous.
Old 07-25-2006, 11:51 PM
Pimpin Pony
2nd Gear Member

N2O will be the cheapest way to have F/I perfomance, but it is only there when you hit the button and like scrming said... It can be dangerous, and if something happens odds are it will be an expensive repair. I would personally recamend an xcal2 and CAI instead of the nitrous and see how it goes. Then after that see what you think. you may want to go with exhaust after the xcal2 and CAI. after that is when I would be questioning N2O personally, but that is just what I would do... I am sure other people have done differently.

Quick Reply: nitrous worth it?