Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Why GET a GT ?

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2006, 04:36 PM
Pimpin Pony
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Why GET a GT ?

When I went to the dealership in early june I really wanted a V8. They didnt have any on the lot, but I was prepared to order one or to get one shipped from another dealership. When they did a search they couldnt find another car in the united states with the options that I wanted, and I counldnt see paying 34,000 for a car that didnt have everything I wanted, so I was gonna order one. The only problem was that when I wanted to order one they had already stopped making the 06 and were working on the 07's and if I ordered one it would have to be an 07 and I wouldnt get it untill mid august. I really didnt want to wait that long so I started looking on the lot and they had a V6 in the EXACT same color scheme that I was looking at with all the options I was looking at. It was an auto and I wanted a stick, but an auto has its benifits. I could have gotten a GT if I had just gotten the first thing that was available, but I wouldnt have gotten everything else that I wanted. The way I see it is that I will use the extra money I saved buy going with the V6 to make my mustang eat a GT alive!
Old 07-28-2006, 05:13 PM
MikeHawke
Retired MF Moderator

No particular reason. I'm just a V8 kinda guy. *shrugs*
Old 07-28-2006, 05:14 PM
Wicked Pony
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: workshop4ever

because i can still have plenty of fun in my V6, my insurance isn't worse than getting mugged on the street, and I don't have as much trouble driving it in the snow.
+1
Old 07-28-2006, 06:40 PM
omer333
3rd Gear Member

Y'know, I think that most of the V6 owners are "V8 Kind of Guys/Gals". We all wanted to have a musclecar, but the sad fact is that reality is m_____f___er. That being said, we decided "have our cake and eat it too", so we got our musclecars, but not the traditional musclecar.

I'm in the "reality is a m_____f___er" plane of existance and guess what? I don't regret getting my V6 at all. The only way I'll part with it is if reality rears it's head again and it is necessary to get a different car (although I told my girlfriend that if something happened and we had kids anytime soon, there's enough room for a car seat in the Mustang).
Old 07-28-2006, 07:02 PM
fallfast90
4th Gear Member

At the time when i got my mustang, i just wanted the looks, and going from 89 isuzu amigo (89hp) to a 2000 mustang (190hp) well that was a big jump for me, and 190hp was enough hp for me....so i thought,lol. Once i had my car a few months i wanted it to go faster, so thats when the mods began. For me, i am fairly logical person(sometimes),lol but money was an important factor for me, and i figured if i wanted to go faster, i would just mod. Now i am hooked, do i want the 8, of course who doesn't, but its not my time yet with a family and a baby on the way, i am gonna have to hold off on a new stang. Later on though, its on.....
Old 07-28-2006, 07:29 PM
JStang78
2nd Gear Member

Because I'm too cool as it is. If I got a GT, my coolness factor would embarass too many people.
Old 07-28-2006, 07:38 PM
Tres Wright
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: LX200

Why would you buy a GT?
The GT has an orgasmic exhaust note (with the right mufflers), a MUCH hotter motor, bigger sway bars, a beefier rearend and driveshaft and comes standard with TCS and t-lock. That was enough to convince me
Old 07-29-2006, 12:05 AM
NewStangDude
1st Gear Member

For some it's lifelong dream, but dreams change. Take me for example, or I should say my wife. She had always wanted a red GT convertible with a 5-speed. When we got married she a had a Mustang II Ghia. Sort of a green color. Not legend lime. Anyway we sold the car and got another one. Since that time she wanted another Mustang, as stated above. When we started looking at them though, she liked the white better than the red. After two white minivans she swore she'd never drive another white vehicle. Go figure. And then one day, after driving my sons Jetta, and trying to shift and answer her cell phone, she decided she didn't want to have to deal with a stick. So my thought was, "If you don't get a 5-speed, why get a GT?" She agreed, d*mn it! Long story short, we ended up with an 06 Performanc White V6 with the Pony Package and an auto??? Not that I'm disappointed, we have a great car. Looks good, runs good (better now) and cost significantly less than the GT. How much less? 32K versus 20K and some change. What it boils down to, people get what they want, or what they can afford at the time. Sure, we could have easily bought the GT, but we didn't. Why? Because we decided it wasn't the car for us (me maybe, but not us LOL). It all comes down to personal choice. It's the same reason that some buy the V6 Altima instead of the the Maxima, or the Maxima instead of the Infinity. You make the best choice that suits your circumstances.
Old 07-29-2006, 03:23 AM
1hfd

I love my v6'er and I haven't yet regretted buying it. Michigan insurance is high enough for most cars let alone a car like the GT. I am at a point in my life were I could afford the GT if I really wanted it. The V6 with the pony package sold me.
Old 07-29-2006, 03:27 AM
Fizzie06
3rd Gear Member

I like the v6 and the v8 body style. to be completely honest with every body I have been brought up Chevy....and I wanted to taste the ford before I bought the new camero v8 when it comes out my uncle up in the food chain in GM products.....and gets me great deals on all GM products ..........with that being said..........This damn forum along w/my mustang has made me fall in love w/the FORD MUSTANG. I HAVE BEEN AT THE CAR DEALERSHIPS LOOKING AT THE 2007 V8'S. I will be getting one soon and I will keep my 6.

Listen if all your doing to make this thread to **** a few people off thats dumb. a mustang is a mustang.... Regardless of what few people say they are not( *** holes are everywhere.....take it w/a grain of salt.) Be proud of what you drive......if you let dumb stuff get to you....you are already screwed.

FYI I am no longer a chevy guy I bleed ford blue