Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

track disapointment

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2006, 05:38 PM
boss 244
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: track disapointment

I can see by hamidlmt's post that I an headed in the right direction, the t-loc and 3:73's are being installed wednesday, the C&L-sct2 combo tonight
Old 07-31-2006, 07:51 PM
Furinox
4th Gear Member

yea a tlok is a MUST if you go to the track. I went last friday to an 1/8mi track and best I could getw as 10.2. My tires pretty much spun the entire first gear every time and most of second with third gear chirps. Doug's race tune seems to make too much down low power for the 1 tire to handle. Can't wait to see my times with his race tune once I get a tlok though!
Old 07-31-2006, 08:18 PM
jericho73
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: boss 244

I think the weight is odd to, the weight listed for a v6 convertible in road and track is 3450 ( they also show the 1/4 time as 15.1@92.7). I don't think any mods I've done weighed any more than the original parts. I bet the wheels weigh more because their chrome , but not 200 lbs. That weight was with a 1/4 tank of gas too. I will try warming the tires and set the PSI at 35 when I go to the track again this week and see what happens.
A stock auto is 3390lbs or so if i remember correctly. The chrome rims are killing you more then anything i think...say they are 10lbs more then the stock 16's each...then the tire is say 5lbs more, that's 15lbs on each corner, 60lbs more curb weigh...times that by 3 and that's about the extra rotatinal weigh on your car.
Old 07-31-2006, 09:53 PM
scrming
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: HungLikeATunaCan

I ran a friend of mines stock 06 V6. I managed to pull a 15.03 with it on my first pass. (Albeit faster than he's ever gotten it.) Something tells me that you guys aren't shifting hard and fast enough. I'll admit that the trans was crying when I was done with it.
He has an automatic...
Old 07-31-2006, 09:58 PM
scrming
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: boss 244

Crap...I got my SCT2 and loaded the tune made for my car with the S&B cai, it ran a 15.5 best, I put the microtuner back in and ran 15.3 vs. my best of 15.1 with that setup ( it was 89 and very humid that evening, everyone was saying how crappy the air was). With the SCT2 I barely outran an older 3.8 mustang and a v6 camaro. All my runs were slow because of the heat, but I really expected that the SCT would be better. I have talked with my tuner and have two new tunes to try for the S&B. My C&L was shipped Friday, so hopefully the tune for that will lower my et.

I also installed my MAC shorty headers saturday-took about 4 hours, they fit ok, but the bolts they supplied to bolt them to the heads are the wrong thread and you have to dimple the header so the AIR hose will fit back on. These headers don't have the extensions on the header flanges to relocate the ignition, so I have to grind off the bottom of the bracket so all the bolts are reused. I took a bunch of photos of the install and will try to put it together in a sensible manner if anybody is interested.

I will have my t-loc and 3:73 installed wednesday and head back to the track, but it's gonna be 105 here that day, so I hope I get into the 14's!

There was a new Saturn ion redline, supercharged, when I ran him he ran a 14.00!! vs my crappy 15.8.

Anyways, I was very dissapointed with my results with the SCT2, But hope the C&L intake and tune cures that!
If your SCT tuner enabled it, try cranking up your shift pressure some... if your shift pressure is to low you could easily be losing .2 to .5 in a 1/4 mile... Soft shifts mean slow shifts... When car shifts at WOT it should shake the car! LOL!
Old 08-01-2006, 01:06 AM
fazm
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: HungLikeATunaCan

I ran a friend of mines stock 06 V6. I managed to pull a 15.03 with it on my first pass. (Albeit faster than he's ever gotten it.) Something tells me that you guys aren't shifting hard and fast enough. I'll admit that the trans was crying when I was done with it.
15.03 in a stock car? That would be the best stock time anyone has seen on here. Is this a track time, with slips or is this a gtech time on an open road?

Old 08-01-2006, 02:54 AM
lilc1511
2nd Gear Member

actually i dont know if anyone remembers but there was sightings of a 14.7-9 (dont member exactly) run on a stock 4.0L stang... dont remember who... but someone saw it... i guess there was no documentation... or slips... so it isnt official or anything but he was not a fellow 4.0 member, so i am unaware of why they would be dishonest, nonetheless... possible "bs"...

chris
Old 08-01-2006, 03:10 AM
fazm
5th Gear Member

i call bs, i did a 14.86 with a gtech, but everyone knows thats bs lol.
Even at sealevel my 15.26 would be like a 15.04 or 15.05 or so, and i feel like i got just as much out of it as possible.

For me to believe times like that, id need to see the timeslip, and other timeslips with the same car # from the same night running within a tenth of a second.
Old 08-01-2006, 01:43 PM
boss 244
3rd Gear Member

I think I'll weigh the wheels with tires to see the difference. With the micro tuner the shift pressure is higher already and you can't tune it, the SCT allows up to 25% but even then it's not as fast shifting as the microtuner. The sct also needed the timing advanced it's allowable limit to run 15.5. I installed the C&L with the SCT 87 tune last night and still had to advance the low timing 4 degrees to get it to launch, It still needs more though. Right now the C&L + SCT2 'feels' it's at the same power as the S&B + Microtuner, but we will see at the track.
Old 08-01-2006, 01:50 PM
fitbikeco
3rd Gear Member

god i hope i can break 15 with the 93 race tune but i doubt it
i really need a t loc and 3.73

Quick Reply: track disapointment