Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

First Kill...sort of...

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2006, 10:45 PM
beaustang
5th Gear Member

Default RE: First Kill...sort of...

They got nailed for "fluffing " their numbers by 2hp? Doesn't sound right.
ORIGINAL: SPARTAN VI

Wooooooooooow... first of all, the 04 TLs were rated at 260HP, but they were nailed for fluffling their numbers... so Acura lowered it down to a realistic 258HP/233 ft-lbs in 05.

But I'm truly amazed that you reeled em in then bucketed him. Nice kill.

Lastly, I hope you have a flame proof jacket. Street racing, especially when both families are in the car might not bode so well with some members here. [>:]
Old 08-01-2006, 07:04 PM
NewStangDude
1st Gear Member

His car was advertised at 270 hp. One of the car magazines (or maybe Consumer Reports) tested many import and domestic cars and found the numbers to be off. His car was one of them. It was revised to 258 (I thought it was 259, but the chart was hard to read). My company car (05 V6 Camry) was another. Advertised at 210 hp, actually making only 190. As I recall the Corvette was revised to 505, up from 500. In fact, I believe several GM cars were actually underrated. You can Google or Yahoo! the 05 Acura TL and find the info.
Old 08-02-2006, 03:49 AM
Pimpin Pony
2nd Gear Member

If he wants to race dont give him a hard time. I would hardly say that 95mph in the middle of the day on an open highway is a dangerous race. The biggest thing I would worry about is a cop, and if his family was in the car I am sure that he wouldnt have done it if his wife was screamin at him and tellin him no and if she was I am sure that he is hearing enough naggin from her. I would have loved it if my dad had raced somebody when I was a teenager. Definatly +1 on the cool dad-O-meter.
Old 08-02-2006, 04:24 AM
rebelyell06
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: SOLDSHORT

Wooooooooooow... first of all, the 04 TLs were rated at 260HP, but they were nailed for fluffling their numbers... so Acura lowered it down to a realistic 258HP/233 ft-lbs in 05.

Lastly, I hope you have a flame proof jacket. Street racing, especially when both families are in the car might not bode so well with some members here. [>:]

seriously, with your family??

Yeah, my mom would nag my ears off if I go 1MPH over the limit... I wouldn't test her beyond that. My dad on the other hand, he'll be in for some good times, but not when I'm driving.
It is the exact opposite for me. My mom loves driving fast. My dad is utterly affraid to drive 1mph over 5mph under the speed limit. He's affraid of the pipes on my car for some reason. I guess they're to loud for him lol.
Old 08-02-2006, 04:03 PM
SPARTAN VI
4th Gear Member

I'm sorry, I meant 270HP.

ORIGINAL: beaustang

They got nailed for "fluffing " their numbers by 2hp? Doesn't sound right.