Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Serious Trouble at Ford

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2006, 03:06 PM
LX200
4th Gear Member

Default Serious Trouble at Ford

Wow... things are getting really bad at Ford.... if they don't get their house in order, we might only see a few more model years of Mustangs!!

I think Ford really has quite a few nice cars, at great prices.... encourage your friends to look at Ford. I recently got somebody who was set on a Toyota to look at a Focus. They ended up buying it.

http://www.wbir.com/money/story.aspx?storyid=36215
Old 08-03-2006, 03:18 PM
SOLDSHORT
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Serious Trouble at Ford

yeah, they're talking about selling off some product lines too.

At any rate, Ford took too long to change their ways and now it may be too late.
Old 08-03-2006, 03:23 PM
mister ed
1st Gear Member

Its bad for big three period. Ford and others will recover. They will adjust as they done in the past. They're getting hit hard now because of the price of gas. Fords F-150 accounts for most of it sales, and with gas at 3 bucks a gallon, sales on F-150 fell 45 percent. Chevy sales fell 31 percent on their trucks and DC sales fell 37 percent on trucks. Cars don't makeup that much in sales versus SUV's and trucks.

People are looking for more mpg's. It's what made me decide to stay with a v6 and not a 8 on my purchase.
Old 08-03-2006, 03:36 PM
DRWS10
2nd Gear Member

They wil bounce back. I really think that Mustangs are really keeping them in Bus. Mustangs will always be there and selling like crazy. Especially this model being so HOT!! Everyone wants this model and I heard there coming out with a new one in 08 ( not sure if thats true ). But they will get back up there! Its FORD come on!!
Old 08-03-2006, 03:37 PM
McChicken
2nd Gear Member

While the imports were becoming more fuel efficient and producing hybrids and whatnot, ford and the rest of the american auto companies continued to push SUV's and such, since they had been such cash cows in the last decade. Additionally, domestic car makers also pushed stupid things like hybrid SUVs that only get like 18 mpg anyway. What's the point of that?

The Mustang, however, has been a huge success. They couldn't get rid of them fast enough. Think about it, for every Mustang advertisement that I see, there is probably about five dozen thousand eclipse/volkswagen ads for cars in the same price range. Mustangs don't need to be crammed down people's throats, the desire is already there.

I think American autos will recover, but it will probably be drawn out and painful recovery, probably involving lots of layoffs and restructuring. They just need to get kicked in the *** several times until they realize how to move in the right direction.

Old 08-03-2006, 03:40 PM
Fig06
2nd Gear Member

Personally , I think Bill Ford has his head up his butt !
My wife works in DC for Ford and the crap that goes on with extremely high salaries for non-productive upper level managers would make you puke. Now little Billy needs to bring in out side consultants to figure out why they can't make any money !

Ford is not the only one. I wish some insider had the ***** to publish what senior level managers are making at all of the so called big three , people would be appalled. All of them look for concessions from the UAW while they pay themselves millions of dollars a year then complain about the imports stealing market share.

They all need to wake up before it's to late. Nero failed and so will Bill Ford !

Really pisses me off because I've always been a Ford Fan.

Sorry had to vent !
Old 08-03-2006, 03:47 PM
petepete
5th Gear Member

Actually ford has rereleased their loss you can see it at leftlane news. Its now at 254 million loss. But these losses are compared to last july(or last 2nd quater whatever you wanna call it). people forget last july, the big 3 had employee discount pricing. so if they had not had that i see maybe a 80 million loss probably
Old 08-03-2006, 03:52 PM
chrisc
5th Gear Member

as long as they keep on making mustangs i will be happy....even if they changed their comapny name from "ford" to "mustang"
Old 08-03-2006, 04:01 PM
Professor Wizard
MF Moderator

Another couple of year, and you will see the Headlines:

HUNDI BUYS FORD!

Hundi is now offering 100,000 mile Warentee on the Turbo Charged V4 Tibiron Mustang!
Old 08-03-2006, 04:13 PM
DRWS10
2nd Gear Member

as long as they keep on making mustangs i will be happy....even if they changed their comapny name from "ford" to "mustang"
NICE!! This is exactly what they should do!! They have some other cars that are nice but just get rid of them and make Mustangs and call it Mustang!! LOVE IT!! We should write Ford and tell them to do this!! Whos in??

Quick Reply: Serious Trouble at Ford