Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

98 GT

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2006, 07:26 PM
davelong667
I ♥ Acer

Default 98 GT

My friend at work has a 98 GT w c&l intake, dual magnaflows w/h pipe, 3.73 gears, 5 speed. Mine is an 06 V6 w/gt take off muffler and 5 speed. I want to race him at the track here in wichita, 81 speedway. He refuses to do so, he says "You need MAJOR mods before i will race you, I dont want to hurt your love for your car after i waste you down the track" This guy wont even let me try until I buy Mods. Will he REALLY beat me that bad? I find it hard to believe. Maybe he is scared that I will be side by side with him all the way down the 1/4..... and that all the money he burned on mods on his V8 was equaled by my stock sixxer? I dont know.... What do you guys think?
Old 08-07-2006, 07:29 PM
petepete
5th Gear Member

Default RE: 98 GT

seeing all you have is a takeoff muffler and he has intake and all that. he will beat you if you had intake tune gears and muffler you stay with him
Old 08-07-2006, 07:29 PM
amystery2u
3rd Gear Member

Maybe that's his way of saying he doesn't want to race.

Does he brag about racing?
Old 08-07-2006, 08:05 PM
SPARTAN VI
4th Gear Member

I'd definietly give him the edge. I'm assuming he's got a 5-speed, too?

Stock for stock, it'd be an interesting driver's race. Grab a C&L intake and tune of your own and line em up.
Old 08-07-2006, 10:11 PM
davelong667
I ♥ Acer

Yeah he has a 5 speed like me as well. He does not brag about racing really. I dont mind being beat, I just want the fun of racing. I want to get mods and atleast stay with him, if not beat him, and even if I never do, its fine with me. I didnt buy my V6 to beat GT's, I bought it because it fit all of my needs, including price. It is plenty fast enough, faster than most cars on the road. I just wish hed race me for sport, but i guess its just my pride bothering me is all, him sayin he WONT race because hed embarrass me. I have heard of our 4.0L's being modded up and hanging with new edge GT's, if that is so, I should be able to stay with, or beat my buddy with a tune, CAI, gears, and someday long tube headers. Thanks for the input guys!
Old 08-07-2006, 10:52 PM
ricklmesa@cox.net
3rd Gear Member

Dude my car was 213hp and 242tq with dual exhaust (x pipe), intake, and dyno tune and I was running the about the same numbers as those things are stock!!!! There TQ is a little higher though but not by much. Those motors were ****ty for those days man, think they had like 215hp at the motor!!! meybe like 280 ish tq at the motor!!! I mean come on for a V8 215hp AT THE MOTOR!!. When Its gets to the floor it was like 190 ishhp & 250sih tq meybe or so(even more pathetic for a V8, what was Ford thinking). His car ain't that bad azz. He don't now it yet but he don't want to race you after you get your intake,dyno tune, and gears. He'll be the one embarresed when he didn't kill you as bad as he had thought he would have.

Tell him this (your motor is a dawg stock for stock dude" Tell him you'll have about his STOCK motor hp and wheel tq ratings at the wheel after a dual exhaust set up, intake, and dyno tune, AND ITS A V6. I don't know how well those old 4.6's take to mods but I don't think hes pushing enough even with his mods to talk like hes talking. Mod your car bro and shove his old UGLY stang up his azz!!!!
Old 08-07-2006, 11:35 PM
v6stanggoddess
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ricklmesa@***.net

Dude my car was 213hp and 242tq with dual exhaust (x pipe), intake, and dyno tune and I was running the about the same numbers as those things are stock!!!! There TQ is a little higher though but not by much. Those motors were ****ty for those days man, think they had like 215hp at the motor!!! meybe like 280 ish tq at the motor!!! I mean come on for a V8 215hp AT THE MOTOR!!. When Its gets to the floor it was like 190 ishhp & 250sih tq meybe or so(even more pathetic for a V8, what was Ford thinking). His car ain't that bad azz. He don't now it yet but he don't want to race you after you get your intake,dyno tune, and gears. He'll be the one embarresed when he didn't kill you as bad as he had thought he would have.

Tell him this (your motor is a dawg stock for stock dude" Tell him you'll have about his STOCK motor hp and wheel tq ratings at the wheel after a dual exhaust set up, intake, and dyno tune, AND ITS A V6. I don't know how well those old 4.6's take to mods but I don't think hes pushing enough even with his mods to talk like hes talking. Mod your car bro and shove his old UGLY stang up his azz!!!!

What is sad is the fact that I get the ol "figures you bought a v6, you're a girl" stuff all the time. WHich I hate SOOOOOOOOOO much. I see many guys driving v6's. I see many girls driving them. I see many guys driving gt's and I see many girl's driving gt's. I even saw an older lady about 50+ driving a GT. YET, our v6 has such a bad reputation. I was reading in this book I bought about mustangs. ANd how bad the v6 engines were. Well not BAD but slow rather. Yeah they WERE slow. But our V6 is NOT slow. And rick just proved that. A new v6 can almost take an older GT. Yet THAT guy would probably be like "Yeah figures you bought a v6 you're a girl" to me.
Old 08-08-2006, 12:21 AM
davelong667
I ♥ Acer

yeah, I hear what v6stanggoddess is saying. Once I let my wife drive the Stang, we were at Wal Mart, and this guy comes up and says "WOW, your wifes cars is so nice, you know those V6ers are great for girls" I informed him that the Mustang was mine, he kust snickered and walked off. What a loser!!! But im not pleasing the world, Im pleasing me, and I am MORE than happy with my Stang. I get butterflies everytime I get off work or go to work, just because of the simple fact that I get to drive it. HEHE. But yeah, I will add some mods and see if i cant smoke my buddy at the track.