Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

AUX INPUT

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2006, 11:57 AM
jay00f4
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: AUX INPUT

I heard that there was a delay in the release of the new Peripheral product. I heard it will be shipping next week. So it is probably 2-3 weeks away from the retail channels.
Old 08-10-2006, 05:07 PM
tacatc
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: tacatc

First if you are going to replace the head unit you should wait to get a new interface because each will be different. For the stock radio I ordered an interface for my XM radio from www.myradiostore.com. The part you're looking for is FRD04-AUX , it is a PIE product but I don't know if you can order it directly from them but it works through your AUX port. The place I ordered from adds a power connecter that turns the XM off and on with no need to plug into a power outlet. Just a FRD04-AUX should eliminate the fm transmitter, it cost between 60-80.

Well of course things never goes as planned. When I placed the order for the above item the sells person on the phone assured me it was the model that included the power plug, but when it came in yesterday it was just a plain old PIE interface with RCA cables only and no power connector. When I called them today I spoke to a tech you apoligized for the mistake and said that PIE has just sent the XM adapter for the 05/06 Mustang to production. He also said that Ford is infamous for changing radios but not changing part numbers until later, and PIE had listed their interface before they actully had the part made. He said I was lucky I don't have a 2004 Explorer because Ford put three different radios in them all with the same part number. Anyway they were very quick to get me a return authorization and will pay the return shipping. The PIE XM interface should be out in two weeks to a month.
Old 08-10-2006, 06:09 PM
gsman

can you just order the cable that comes on the 07 mustang standard?
i just rented a convertible while mine was in the shop and it had the aux input in the console.
i have a shaker 1000 i it and would like to add the factory aux input. it worked perfect with my ipod and a male to male 1/4' monstor cable
anyone what parts are needed and what the part numbers are

Old 08-10-2006, 06:51 PM
tacatc
2nd Gear Member

My main problem isn't the input although it would really be nice to use the AUX button. I have an FM Modulator on my XM that I lplug in the center console and have no reception problems. In fact I bought a XM Sportscaster with a built in modulator (plus it was smaller than my 1st gen Roady) and returned the next day because the reception sucked. What I'm mostly conerned about is the power cable since the Ford outlets stay hot after you shut the car off, I hate to have to unplug my Roady everytime I get out of the car.

Along the same line does if I just bit the bullet and bought a new XM ready head unit would the speed sensing feature still work? It's a small thing but I like that.

[IMG]local://upfiles/45504/B2F55A99B2AF4C3C9C7A57A85663A27E.jpg[/IMG]
Old 08-10-2006, 09:53 PM
Homer1181
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: kindred169

You need an aftermarket adapter to gain an aux input. Try:

http://www.pie.net/

They seem to be the only game in town... or at least the most popular.
Kindred1699,

I just ordered my AVIC - Z1 navigation. I was just wondering if it is all that it is supposed to be. How much did you buy it for?

[IMG]local://upfiles/44864/998075304FB74D15B96589EBA80053C6.jpg[/IMG]
Old 08-11-2006, 12:38 AM
Horrific_Ending
4th Gear Member

Just go to this place: http://www.peripheralelectronics.com/ They make aux plus for your ipod that fit right into the shaker. I read in one of my mags that you can use the radio just like the ipod functions. not sure if this is true but it doesnt hurt to check it out.
Old 08-15-2006, 06:56 PM
drtuba
2nd Gear Member

I just installed the PIE AUX adapter in my '06 and it works great! Kind of a pain to install due to the factory harness wires being very short. I had to reach behind the radio blindly to disconnect and reconnect the factory harnesses. I ordered mine from crutchfield for $99, kind of expensive, but it works. Crutchfields instructions are great.
Old 08-16-2006, 04:10 AM
goffball5
2nd Gear Member

is it true if u get the peripheral adaptor installed u can no longer use the CD player?
Old 08-16-2006, 10:24 AM
jay00f4
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: goffball5

is it true if u get the peripheral adaptor installed u can no longer use the CD player?
No this is not true. The peripheral adapter allows everything to work like normal. They also have just an AUX that is the same money as t he PIE and it doesn't cause air bag lights and stuff like people have been talking about with the PIE.
Old 08-16-2006, 02:37 PM
drtuba
2nd Gear Member

I havnt seen any 'air bag lights' after installing my PIE adapter. To gain access to the radio the trim that holds the AC controls and the buttons for traction control and the airbag light has to be reomoved. To remove it the harnessess that connect those functions have to be disconnected. If the car is on when those are still disconnected you will get the air bag light. As soon as they are reconnected the airbag light goes off and everything works great.. at least for me it did.

Quick Reply: AUX INPUT