Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Driving shoes?

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2006, 05:16 AM
twinturbomustang
1st Gear Member

Default Driving shoes?

OK OK so im talking to my friend about driving and yes theis might sound noob but do they make shoes for driving??? i have special shoes i like to where when driving cuz there thin and i can feel everything ( and there neon green to ) so are there driving shoes? or am i just wierd?
Old 08-18-2006, 05:20 AM
Twister
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Driving shoes?

Piloti makes great driving shoes, they are very tight, as small as possible, and have grip on the bottom that is like a Z rated tire, great for heel and toe
Old 08-18-2006, 05:21 AM
chrisc
5th Gear Member

i do too, Puma Speed Cat M's

....they feel nice, very light. they are good for long classes too. apparently some M3 race team and the official Ferrari team uses some version of them....that is not why i like them though, they are just comfortable and they look great (goes great with jeans, I have 5 differnt colors of them)

oh, they also have that tread that looks like the Z rated tires...i think its for looks though
Old 08-18-2006, 05:22 AM
twinturbomustang
1st Gear Member

so they DO make driving shoes cool!
Old 08-18-2006, 05:23 AM
ST4NG
1st Gear Member

Of course there are. Being the sad person I am I do own a pair. They are branded with the ferrari name, however i'm not sure if they are made by ferrari. (They were a gift.) I wear them when I occasionaly get to test drive my neighbors new cars he gets in to the dealership.

Driving a Ford GT (not a mustang gt) with driving shoes and without is a totally different expierience.
Old 08-18-2006, 05:25 AM
chrisc
5th Gear Member

are they red with a swipe on the side, and also have the lacing towards one side? if they are they are probably the real racing Puma's....not like the fake ones that i have lol
Old 08-18-2006, 05:26 AM
twinturbomustang
1st Gear Member

soo what makes them so great i mean i uno i have some converse like shoes i like to where becasei uno lol there my lucky driving shoes but yea this reply was pointless lol
Old 08-18-2006, 05:28 AM
ST4NG
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: twinturbomustang

soo what makes them so great i mean i uno i have some converse like shoes i like to where becasei uno lol there my lucky driving shoes but yea this reply was pointless lol
Driving shoes are not bulky or heavy. They are very light weight and tight fitting. Making it easier when shifting, heal-toe, and a more comfortable ride overall.
Old 08-18-2006, 05:30 AM
twinturbomustang
1st Gear Member

i like mine cuz i can feel everything and there pretty pimpish if i do say so myself so how many people actualy OWN real driving shoes or better yet WHERE DRIVING GLOVES lmao
Old 08-18-2006, 05:30 AM
chrisc
5th Gear Member

the ones that i have are really really really light. i remember the first time i ever got a pair, i would be sitting in class and then suddenly think that my shoes were off (i never take my shoes off in public, i think it is weird). they also are tight fit, but still very comfortable. they have barely any foot support, so if you are old or something, dont think of getting them. also, they are terrible for working out because the support issue (and the rubber of the shoe is less them 1/3in so it feels like you are running on the ground dirctally, so pretty much they are for the looks and the light feel

ps. driving gloves are gey

Quick Reply: Driving shoes?