Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Why I love my Mustang.

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2006, 03:13 AM
Seant
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Why I love my Mustang.

What kinda hood scoop do you have???
Old 08-20-2006, 03:24 AM
Backlash
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Seant

What kinda hood scoop do you have???
+1
Old 08-20-2006, 01:52 PM
moonstang
2nd Gear Member

Looks like McBudd and I both have the ford factory scoop. I had mine put on by the dealer when I bought the car.
Old 08-20-2006, 08:02 PM
McBudd
2nd Gear Member

ditto on the scoop, it is patterned after the old Boss scoops
Old 08-25-2006, 07:03 AM
twinturbomustang
1st Gear Member

whats the shoulder turn? i wanna try!
Old 08-25-2006, 09:06 AM
rmays06
5th Gear Member

I get the chest swell thing a lot. I have such great pride that this is my car, I mean lots of people can own um but I DO OWN ONE, its mine and I still stare at it all the time. I get comments and looks a lot but probably not as much as those who live in different areas. (I live by the ford test track and production facility) There are lots around but it is a great feeling that the car belongs to me and
Owning an S197 mustang feels like owning a piece of modern automotive history!
There hasn't been a car in recent history that has the line, looks, preformance, or charm that this car shows.....[sm=icon_ladiesman.gif]
Old 08-25-2006, 04:40 PM
Pyrat
3rd Gear Member

There's and old saying regarding sailboats; When you leave her you should always stop and look back. Not because you forgot something, just because the sight of her makes you feel good. Works with the S197 too.

We have experienced Mustang lust in others a few times. We were fueling my spouse's Redfire coupe and this young lady riding with a guy on a Harley comes over and started fawning over the Mustang. My spouse gave her the grand tour and the lady just loved it. I've left my vert in the parking lot and returned to find people admiring. I have a friend who likes to sit in it when I go in to the store because it's such a chick magnet. Gives him the chance to dialog the ladies.

There really isn't another car on the road today with the charm of the Mustang. They all either look like jelly beans (most GM and Ford and 90% of the non-German foreign stuff) or are doing the angular German thing (Chrysler/Mercedes, Cadillac, etc.)

I mean, frankly guys, there hasn't been a car that tripped my trigger like the S197 since 1969.
Old 08-25-2006, 05:08 PM
chuckcsf
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Pyrat

I have a friend who likes to sit in it when I go in to the store because it's such a chick magnet. Gives him the chance to dialog the ladies.
I have a white vert and it definately is a chick magnet.... until they see the child seat on the back
Old 08-25-2006, 11:53 PM
gwDiesel

ORIGINAL: Pyrat

There's and old saying regarding sailboats; When you leave her you should always stop and look back. Not because you forgot something, just because the sight of her makes you feel good. Works with the S197 too.

We have experienced Mustang lust in others a few times. We were fueling my spouse's Redfire coupe and this young lady riding with a guy on a Harley comes over and started fawning over the Mustang. My spouse gave her the grand tour and the lady just loved it. I've left my vert in the parking lot and returned to find people admiring. I have a friend who likes to sit in it when I go in to the store because it's such a chick magnet. Gives him the chance to dialog the ladies.

There really isn't another car on the road today with the charm of the Mustang. They all either look like jelly beans (most GM and Ford and 90% of the non-German foreign stuff) or are doing the angular German thing (Chrysler/Mercedes, Cadillac, etc.)

I mean, frankly guys, there hasn't been a car that tripped my trigger like the S197 since 1969.
I was at a mcd's a few months ago for lunch and as i was sitting in there eating I saw some dad/grandpa with his daughter, and she leaned in to take a peek inside my car... Reminded me when I was a child and I saw a larger than life car and thought wow...
Old 08-26-2006, 01:05 AM
McBudd
2nd Gear Member

My son is in 9th grade and loves it on the Fridays when I pick him up from school for visitation. He makes a point of having to walk past all the cute girls to get into the car and then has to shout back to a friend clear across the school yard. Every Monday when he gets back to school they are all asking about it. I enjoy the fact that at his age he is still talking to me and wanting me to pick him up at school, not two blocks away. He has gotten a part time job to start saving up for his own car when he gets old enough. He puts every penny into a savings account towards it. On our weekends together he begs to wash it, he gets out there and talks to all the girls as they walk past.

Quick Reply: Why I love my Mustang.