Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

More problems.

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2006, 02:01 PM
XtacY
1st Gear Member

Default More problems.

I'm on the verge of taking my stang to the dealer only thing is they wont do crap under warranty if they can't duplicate the problem. Last night I was driving home and everytime I'd put the car in neutral and coast to a stop light the RPMS would go up and down between 1000 and 2000. This never happened before, they just rise and fall, rise and fall in neutral. I don't know if this is an engine problem but I'm thinking there's something wrong with the transmission due to the other problem I had as well. When i finally got home, put the car in gear, and stepped outside I smelled a strong burning smell coming from the car. I have no idea what it could be, but if someone could help me diagnose the problem perhaps I can tell the dealer and they'll be a little nicer when checking out my car and "duplicating the problem."
Old 08-20-2006, 03:05 PM
Wildcat13
1st Gear Member

Default RE: More problems.

Mine does that too!

I have something wrong w/ my tranny so it is at the dealership w/ the tranny in a million pieces. I forgot to mention that particular problem though.
Mine does the following also:
over 40 mph the engine makes a loug "thumping" sound; like the engine is held together w/ rubberbands
Tranny clunks when I shift sometimes
Engine makes a "whirring" sound when at idle which stops as soon as I put the clutch in.

If yours is doing any of this I would take it in and get the dealer the check out the tranny. Mine said they know something is wrong w/ the tranny they just don't know what yet. I will post as soon as I find out what is wrong w/ mine; maybe that will help you!
Old 08-20-2006, 04:36 PM
powerProdigy
2nd Gear Member

Mine does the some thing sometimes, and when i push in the clutch i CAN HEAR THE THROW-OUT BEARING, Im not sure the trow out bearing making that sound is normal but ive just learned to ignore the rpm situation. Lets face it, some of our cars were built during ford's plant shutdowns/ Im ganna fire you and ure buddy's, time period. If i were one of the people working till the end i really wouldnt care what the sticker in our drivers side rear quarter window say's. BUT I dont even know if our cars were built in one of these plants. just my 2 cents
Old 08-20-2006, 04:54 PM
Britinastang
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Wildcat13

Engine makes a "whirring" sound when at idle which stops as soon as I put the clutch in.
I have mine scheduled for the dealer to look at a similar problem on my auto, so may not be related. I get a loud clicking sound at idle which goes away when I pull away.
Old 08-20-2006, 06:14 PM
Horrific_Ending
4th Gear Member

Wait when you idle you have a clicking sound? i have the samething too and i have an auto too. weird.
Old 08-21-2006, 05:41 PM
Wildcat13
1st Gear Member

Well they didn't tell me what was wrong w/ it but they are putting a new tranny in tomorrow - this will be tranny #3. I am keeping track of this b/c I am getting close to being able to use the lemon law. Anyway, sorry I can't tell you exactly what was wrong.
Old 08-21-2006, 07:10 PM
scrming
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Britinastang

I have mine scheduled for the dealer to look at a similar problem on my auto, so may not be related. I get a loud clicking sound at idle which goes away when I pull away.
sure it's not the AC compressor??? Does it do it with the AC/Heat in the "Off" position? (straight up).
Old 08-21-2006, 07:15 PM
chuckcsf
2nd Gear Member

You need to stop doing neutral drops! lol j/k. I'm actually hear something like a honk sound when I accelerate. Its mild sound and wont let me get it in recording. Maybe I just need a better recorder.
Old 08-21-2006, 07:32 PM
slowryde45
1st Gear Member

Well they didn't tell me what was wrong w/ it but they are putting a new tranny in tomorrow - this will be tranny #3. I am keeping track of this b/c I am getting close to being able to use the lemon law. Anyway, sorry I can't tell you exactly what was wrong.
?? Not sure about your area, but here the "lemon law" states that if you bring your vehicle in to the dealer for servicing for the same problem 3 times in a year, then the lemon law takes over and they either give you a new vehicle, or your money back.

As for the clicking sound that some are experiencing, just out of curiousity, is your windshield defroster on? If so, you will hear it click when it cycles. Just a thought.

Slo
Old 08-21-2006, 09:24 PM
Wildcat13
1st Gear Member

scrming: does it w/ the AC on or off; doesn't matter.

slowryde45: Here it says 4 times; I am on #2 so I am half way there! No windshield defroster isn't on; don't think I have even used the defroster yet

Quick Reply: More problems.