Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Should I recommend the v6.....

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2006, 02:08 PM
mustangman02232
6th Gear Member

Default RE: Should I recommend the v6.....

if they want a new(er) car with a warrenty then tell them for the 6er, if they want power, you can find a mach 1 for under 20k now
Old 08-23-2006, 03:00 PM
SPARTAN VI
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mustangman02232

if they want a new(er) car with a warrenty then tell them for the 6er, if they want power, you can find a mach 1 for under 20k now
+1

I could have easily gone with a used, cheaper, and more powerful new edge GT, but I wasn't too crazy about the looks. I was in love with the S197 and had to have it.
Old 08-23-2006, 03:17 PM
jericho73
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mustangman02232

Totally agree.

The s197 v6 has more than enough power to compete in it's class, but if they really want a v8 for pretty much the same money, an '04 Mach 1 would be the way to go.
Old 08-23-2006, 03:25 PM
kindred169
2nd Gear Member

I went with the V6 and haven't really looked back. Yeah, it's got less power but it's still a Mustang. I think the appeal in these cars, aside from their looks, is their potential. The V6 has a lot of potential to be a fast car. It's a good cruiser, but it can be made into a good racer if you want it to be. Just look at Rygen's numbers as a reference. I liked the fact that I could afford the V6 and add power as money became available to me. Much better than having god awful payments on the GT plus higher insurance. Besides, I would have modded the GT anyway which just adds more expense. Just my opinion, but I suspect that alot of V6ers had the same thought process. Just let him know he should be prepared for some GT owners to bash his car. Comes with the territory. The fact of the matter is we're all just eploring the cars potential, V6 or V8.
Old 08-23-2006, 04:48 PM
stratjakt
2nd Gear Member

Tell them to drive the car and make up their own minds.

If you buy a car to impress other people, you'll never be happy with it. I bought what I wanted, a great looking highway car with a convertible roof.

I've gotten nothing but compliments on my car, many from total strangers, the only people who've bashed it are GT owners on these forums, and some random dork in a ratty old 5.0.

If that kind of stuff gets to you, save your money and buy a Bugatti Veyron, because if you don't, somebody is always going to have a faster car than you. They're only a million bucks and change more than a GT.
Old 08-23-2006, 05:02 PM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: GiMiX

Hey fellow stangers, I just got myself a new GT but I have 2 friends who are looking to buy a new car. Because my love for the new 05/06/07 stangers of any models I highly recommended them a new mustang. They Rode my car and they loove the power and the looks of the new mustang, but then again mine is a GT. As much as they loved a GT model doesnt seem to be in their price range, however I recommended them a v6 stanger. I'm not sure but they want to be able to have a fast car for that kind of price range and class of a v6. I couldnt really give them a comparison of how well they would do in comparison of stock cars vs stock cars between a v6 stang and some other car. So what are yall thoughts.... I really do highly recommend them a mustaang best bang for the buck right?
It's a solid car, in stock form it is a TQ'y little engine that can run 15's. With a few bolt ons and a tune, you can get into the 14's which is very respectable. I love both versions of the S197, driven both and can't go wrong with either one.
Old 08-23-2006, 06:33 PM
mustangman02232
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: rygenstormlocke

Hey fellow stangers, I just got myself a new GT but I have 2 friends who are looking to buy a new car. Because my love for the new 05/06/07 stangers of any models I highly recommended them a new mustang. They Rode my car and they loove the power and the looks of the new mustang, but then again mine is a GT. As much as they loved a GT model doesnt seem to be in their price range, however I recommended them a v6 stanger. I'm not sure but they want to be able to have a fast car for that kind of price range and class of a v6. I couldnt really give them a comparison of how well they would do in comparison of stock cars vs stock cars between a v6 stang and some other car. So what are yall thoughts.... I really do highly recommend them a mustaang best bang for the buck right?
It's a solid car, in stock form it is a TQ'y little engine that can run 15's. With a few bolt ons and a tune, you can get into the 14's which is very respectable. I love both versions of the S197, driven both and can't go wrong with either one.
ya but heres how your convo would go

guy: hey nice car is it a GT
you: no its a 6
guy: should of got an 8
you: why the **** would i want a car thats a full second slower?
Old 08-24-2006, 01:58 AM
enorym
2nd Gear Member

This is the reason why I bought a v6 mustang. I looked at all other options, I am used to RWD platfourm ive been driving fun RWD ONLY cars nearly my entire life. These are the cars I looked at and the reasony why I choose a mustang over them. Keep in mind some will seem out of the ordenary thats because I was choosing what best fit my career at first.

Honda Civic SI 2006 model - Slow too small I didnt like the styling. FWD

Scion XB 2006 - Slow, boxy, but would serve as a good delivery vehical and its reliable because its realy a toyota. FWD

Nissan 350z 2006 - nice looking car, have a budget didnt want to spend over $22,000 because im getting married. I would have only gotten the entusist package if I got one.

Acura RSX type-s 2006 - its a joke I never would have fit in that car im 6'5 I was more bent out of shape in that car than I used to be in my miata. FWD

Chevorlet Cobalt SS Naturaly Asperated version 2006 - I realy considered this car but there arnt alot of them on the road in california, me being from detroit I know the full potentail of a ecotec engine very nice car probly my second choice next to the mustang. Only reason why I didnt get it is because I dont see alot of them on the road and knew parts would be scarce once I would break something.

Pontiac Solistice 2006 - same reason I dont see enough of them around, cool looking slick car. Im sure it could do wonders since its just a flat out copy of a miata. I wonder what the turbo version would be like.

Cadilac CTS-V 2006- I didnt get to test drive this one...besides its way out of my price range but man its a cool car. I did stop in and take a look at it. Unobtainable by my standards at this time.

Lotus Elise 2006- I dont think my wife to be would approve. I might have considered a divorce if we were married just so I could have the car...j/k I love the car its awsome its cheap "$42,990" for what you get. A true drivers car that can rumble with ferrari's and is toyota powered so you know its good for 400,000 miles or more. Think about finding parts for that car. And then haveing to pay for the parts and or insurance! arg...need a second job.

thats my list...I may have forgotten some others. But yeah I considered all of them and still went with the Mustang V6. For the money you get a RWD Coupe, Ablity to sit four people, a torquey engine, 5 speed manual trans, UNFORGETABLE STYLING, looks and thumbs up from everyone around, UNBELIVEABLE AFTERMARKET, parts availiablity, the fricking engine bay is empty its so easy to work on there hasnt been a car like this in ages. Come's with a cd player, a/c as base options. I got mine hella cheap brand new they wanted it off the lot they actualy called me to buy it and I got it for $17,500 out the door. Thats with ford employee discount "used to work at Ford WHQ and FMCC building for those who know what that is ", on top of all of that INSURANCE IS BARELY NOTHING I pay $435 for 6 months for 4 diffrent cars granted the three other cars have Lowest coverage on my corolla's $25 a month...and the mustang fully covered. No one else makes a two door-rwd-coupe-w/awsome styleing-and for such a low low cost-with that much HP and TQ. Case closed.
Old 08-24-2006, 07:57 PM
GiMiX
2nd Gear Member

awsome guys.. thanks for the replies...Stangs all the way.
Old 08-24-2006, 08:10 PM
blackfoot
4th Gear Member

ive destroyed cobalt SS, with the superchargers.. they couldnt even touch me

Quick Reply: Should I recommend the v6.....