Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Should I recommend the v6.....

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2006, 02:39 AM
enorym
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Should I recommend the v6.....

ORIGINAL: blackfoot

ive destroyed cobalt SS, with the superchargers.. they couldnt even touch me
They are nice cars...who cares they dont look like a mustang, and are fwd. A nice option over any of the imports that are performance oriented fwd models though. Its GM's SRT4. Must be hard as hell to do work on the engine. Anyone seen a motor around here?

Old 08-25-2006, 04:38 AM
Pimpin Pony
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: enorym

They are nice cars...who cares they dont look like a mustang, and are fwd. A nice option over any of the imports that are performance oriented fwd models though. Its GM's SRT4. Must be hard as hell to do work on the engine. Anyone seen a motor around here?

hey there bud. I defended you before, but I can no longer do that if you are gonna call the cobalt ss a nice car. the mustang looks much better and a ricer is a ricer even if its american.

To GiMix, the v6 is a great car. I wanted to buy a GT, and for the price I payed for mine I coulda gotten a loaded GT, but it wouldnt have been a vert, and I knew I wanted a vert more than a V8. I was gonna order a GT from another dealer than the one I bought my V6 from, but they couldnt come off the price as much as they could from the V6. The V6 is cheaper on insurance and for the money I saved by gettin a V6 vert instead of a v8 vert I could make my v6 beat a stock GT or even a slightly modded GT. a six is a great choice and will either beat or run right with most of the previous model GTs
Old 08-25-2006, 01:11 PM
mustangman02232
6th Gear Member

you run mid 14s with just dual exhaust?
Old 08-25-2006, 03:35 PM
stargazer468
1st Gear Member

I don't think they run mid 14's. I could burn them in my old pontiac and I ran a 14.9.

Other than that I just got my 6er last saturday and I have to say it's amazing. You could lament on why you didn't get the v8 but unless you're going to be racing alot or taking it to the track it's not all that practical. I can't take the v6 to redline (automatic) without speeding so in my book, that's enough power. Plus I got mine loaded completely with every option plus red leather (Hot) for about 17. So I can't complain.
Old 08-25-2006, 06:15 PM
Tres Wright
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: GiMiX

Hey fellow stangers, I just got myself a new GT but I have 2 friends who are looking to buy a new car. Because my love for the new 05/06/07 stangers of any models I highly recommended them a new mustang. They Rode my car and they loove the power and the looks of the new mustang, but then again mine is a GT. As much as they loved a GT model doesnt seem to be in their price range, however I recommended them a v6 stanger. I'm not sure but they want to be able to have a fast car for that kind of price range and class of a v6. I couldnt really give them a comparison of how well they would do in comparison of stock cars vs stock cars between a v6 stang and some other car. So what are yall thoughts.... I really do highly recommend them a mustaang best bang for the buck right?
I've got to say that I went from an 05 V6 to an 07 GT and there is a huge difference between the cars. The V6 was a fantastic car, but the GT has everything I liked about the V6 and much more It's a lot more powerful and torquey, handles tons better and sounds awesome. I guess I would tell your friends that while the V6 is an excellent choice for many people, if they think that ever in the future they might wonder if they should have gotten the GT then they should just get it now. If they can't afford a new one, then look at used ones. Certainly the sixxer can be modified to GT levels, but they'll end up spending as much as if they had gotten a GT in the first place.
Old 09-01-2006, 07:02 PM
Mustang1967c

All I gotta say is I just purchased an 07 Premium V6, and its got the best of both worlds. I got enough power for a little fun and it gets a lot better mileage than the GT. I would have loved to get a GT but it just wasnt in the books. I love this car. Tell them to check out the 07's they might actually find a better deal. I was lookin at the 06's and it was gonna cost about $1k more for less stuff just to get an 06.
Old 09-02-2006, 01:53 PM
mustangman02232
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Mustang1967c

All I gotta say is I just purchased an 07 Premium V6, and its got the best of both worlds. I got enough power for a little fun and it gets a lot better mileage than the GT. I would have loved to get a GT but it just wasnt in the books. I love this car. Tell them to check out the 07's they might actually find a better deal. I was lookin at the 06's and it was gonna cost about $1k more for less stuff just to get an 06.
a GT will get about 2 mpg worse, so throw in a set of 4.10s and it should be equal
Old 09-02-2006, 02:14 PM
TheDutchTexan
4th Gear Member

You should always recommend an American car. And especially the mustang. It's those sales that help Ford and American car companies in general the most. Plus, the fun factor, and head turning ability are uncanny for a low 20K car. To top that off, the v6 stang gets about the same mileage as the new 5 cylinder Volkswagen rabbit!

If you’re looking for more power this board will tell them there is enough you can do to the 6er to make if fly later on in life.
Old 09-04-2006, 03:00 AM
BlueAngel06V6
1st Gear Member

A stang is a stang
Old 09-04-2006, 03:17 AM
Cindy
4th Gear Member

I Love my V6 and have absolutely NO regrets. It has enough speed for me. Stangs are Hot and Sexy no matter what style they are!!!![sm=smiley16.gif]