Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Some Questions regarding my Mustang!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2006, 01:33 PM
skysurf

Default Some Questions regarding my Mustang!!!!

Hello,

new to Mustang forums as I just bought my new V6 Pony Package Vista-Blue (beautiful, I love it,) last month. I luvv it but as it always is with anything new that you really want and buy, unfortunately it's the very little things that you start grieving over the most, such as:

1.) Passenger-side dash noise: I notice as I am driving on more bumpy roads that the dash on my passenger-side makes quite some quirky and creeky noises (not sure what, haven't narrowed it down yet.) I know it's not a big deal, but unfortunately on my long drive to work I can't help but get slightly annoyed. Is this normal/any way to fix it, is it worth going to the dealer and use the "under my warranty, fix it" routine for this, or should I just ignore it being I am probably paranoid??

2.) Tire hitting the curb: I let one of my friends drive the car and she was making a tight turn in the parking lot at a pretty slow speed. She ran the right wheel into the curb right before I screamed. Although she was goin pretty slow speed (5-7 mph tops), the right tire hit the front of the curb and the car stopped and rolled back slightly (she didn't have her foot on the gas when the tire hit.) Should I have any worries regarding the tie rods, etc.?? I have not noticed any problems steering/wheel alightment etc. That's the last time I'm letting her drive my car!!!!!

3.) Car Winterization: As this is my only ride, I have to drive it all through the winter (I live in metro-Detroit, Michigan.) I know the rear-wheel drive is a pain in the @$$ in the winter, but what can I do to make it easier (I have to drive close to 30 miles one-way for work everyday in the Michigan winter.) The car has traction control and I was planning on using snow tires (any suggestions to which brand?) and sand-bags in the trunk. What else can I do to make sure I don't end up in a ditch doing donuts. :-)

4.) Even though it's not the mad-animal GT, I love the power of the V6. However, are there other things I can do to bump up the power on my baby (without competely sinking my bank account :-))??

Thanks for your help in advance!!
Old 08-23-2006, 02:21 PM
jim01028
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Some Questions regarding my Mustang!!!!

[quote]ORIGINAL: skysurf

Hello,

new to Mustang forums as I just bought my new V6 Pony Package Vista-Blue (beautiful, I love it,) last month. I luvv it but as it always is with anything new that you really want and buy, unfortunately it's the very little things that you start grieving over the most, such as:

1.) Passenger-side dash noise: I notice as I am driving on more bumpy roads that the dash on my passenger-side makes quite some quirky and creeky noises (not sure what, haven't narrowed it down yet.)

Many people reported the same problem, but I have not seen any specific answer yet, mine seemed to go away in the warm weather, but was most noticeable for the first mile each morning.

2.) Tire hitting the curb: I let one of my friends drive the car and she was making a tight turn in the parking lot at a pretty slow speed. She ran the right wheel into the curb right before I screamed. Although she was goin pretty slow speed (5-7 mph tops), the right tire hit the front of the curb and the car stopped and rolled back slightly (she didn't have her foot on the gas when the tire hit.) Should I have any worries regarding the tie rods, etc.?? I have not noticed any problems steering/wheel alightment etc. That's the last time I'm letting her drive my car!!!!!

likely there was no damage done, but check that tire in a month or two and see if the tread wear looks weird.

3.) Car Winterization: As this is my only ride, I have to drive it all through the winter (I live in metro-Detroit, Michigan.) I know the rear-wheel drive is a pain in the @$$ in the winter, but what can I do to make it easier (I have to drive close to 30 miles one-way for work everyday in the Michigan winter.) The car has traction control and I was planning on using snow tires (any suggestions to which brand?) and sand-bags in the trunk. What else can I do to make sure I don't end up in a ditch doing donuts. :-)

I bought my daughter 2 Michelin pilot exalto's for the rear last winter for her 03 and she said that traction was much improved.

Good luck and enjoy you mustang

Old 08-23-2006, 02:25 PM
silvermaster92
Banned

ORIGINAL: skysurf

Hello,

1.) Passenger-side dash noise: I notice as I am driving on more bumpy roads that the dash on my passenger-side makes quite some quirky and creeky noises (not sure what, haven't narrowed it down yet.) I know it's not a big deal, but unfortunately on my long drive to work I can't help but get slightly annoyed. Is this normal/any way to fix it, is it worth going to the dealer and use the "under my warranty, fix it" routine for this, or should I just ignore it being I am probably paranoid??

4.) Even though it's not the mad-animal GT, I love the power of the V6. However, are there other things I can do to bump up the power on my baby (without competely sinking my bank account :-))??

Thanks for your help in advance!!
As for #2 in this, dont wory about it, its not a big thing. U should go check out the passenger noise. And i dont know how to help you with the Winter situation.
Old 08-23-2006, 02:29 PM
fallfast90
4th Gear Member

To bump up the power i would go with the cold air intake/tuner package. I know a lot of people have noticed a big gain with those two things.
Old 08-23-2006, 02:31 PM
silvermaster92
Banned

ORIGINAL: fallfast90

To bump up the power i would go with the cold air intake/tuner package. I know a lot of people have noticed a big gain with those two things.

where can u get those things?[sm=nxsmile.gif]
Old 08-23-2006, 02:35 PM
danno

Skysurf-

I live in Livonia, Michigan and I drove my 2006 Mustang all last winter. I used two 40-pound bags of rock salt to weigh down the rear end. The salt can come in handy if you get stuck, too! I had a limited-slip differential installed so that both rear wheels are powered (normally only one is). That was about $700 for parts and labor.

I don't have snow tires but I do have the all-season tires that the non-Pony V6s come with. Your Pony package tires may not be as good in the snow. The snow tire I see mentioned most often here is the Bridgestone Blizzak.

Just take it slow and if there's more than 6" on the ground and they haven't plowed yet - stay home!

-danno
Old 08-23-2006, 02:41 PM
silvermaster92
Banned

that works.
Old 08-23-2006, 03:48 PM
skysurf

Thankx for the help!! Where can I get the cold air intake/tuner package, and how much for the package/installation? Would you have an idea how much HP gain can come thru it??? As for the winter, I think I'll be planning on the Blizzak tires and the 40lb bags of rock salt, just not drive in the REAALLLY baad weather, hoping that gets me thru. Whaddaya think??

Thanks much!!

Old 08-23-2006, 03:50 PM
silvermaster92
Banned

good idea.
Old 08-23-2006, 05:24 PM
fallfast90
4th Gear Member

may want to try rpmoutlet.com, or some of the sponsors here. I am not sure, just do to the fact i have a older v6

Quick Reply: Some Questions regarding my Mustang!!!!