Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

05 6ers V.S. 04 6ers and GTs

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2006, 01:21 AM
AmericanMade
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: 05 6ers V.S. 04 6ers and GTs

A 2004 3.8L V6 has 193 HP @ 5500 RPM and 225 Ft-LB's of Torque @ 2800 RPM's. I think it's close and it would depend on the drivers and the tranny. (whether it's a manual or auto)
Old 08-29-2006, 01:32 AM
fazm
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: V6MustangKnight

any 05+ 6ers have stories about taking on some older GTs? i wanna hear them....what mods u both had (if u know what the other guy had)
im just curious because ive always seen really good potential from the 05+ 6ers, even when theyre stock
all mine are at the track.... story goes like this.....

staging yellow...
staging yellow...
yellow..
yellow..
yellow..
green..
14.5 seconds later
i win
Old 08-29-2006, 03:02 AM
V6MustangKnight
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: fazm

all mine are at the track.... story goes like this.....

staging yellow...
staging yellow...
yellow..
yellow..
yellow..
green..
14.5 seconds later
i win
now thats a story!!
Old 08-29-2006, 03:26 AM
HurricaneStang
4th Gear Member

2004 v6's have a 3.9L not 3.8L just for the record
Old 08-29-2006, 05:13 AM
Pimpin Pony
2nd Gear Member

I was using the Evolution performance 93 extreme tune. I noticed a huge difference over the regular 93 tune. me and one of my friends went to town and were looking for a race. I ran into a fox mustang. I couldnt tell if it was a 5.0 or something smaller, but that wasnt even a race. I was like 4 cars ahead of him by 45 mph. I just stopped. That was just the warm up though. After about an hour of riding around I ran into a 98 GT. I waited beside him till we were finally at a red light together. we both reved and the light turned green and we kicked it. I expected to loose pretty badly, but no joke his front bumber stayed at my rear bumper untill 60-65mph and they he started to gain on me. I just backed off after that cause I didnt want to go that fast right through the main strip in my town. We pulled over and talked and he was an auto just like me, but he WAS NOT completely stock. He had a K&N air filter and had taken off his cats and put on an xpipe, but he left the stock mufflers on it (I am not really sure why he left the stock mufflers on it but that is what he said. The car did sound really good though). But anyway. I knew that I had lost the race because he would have beat me if I had just let it go a little longer so I wasnt gonna try to say that I beat him, but I couldnt believe that it was that close and that I really did beat him to 65. All I have is an Evolution Performance C&L CAI/XCalII. That was impressive to me. Thats my only race story against a Mustang.
Old 08-29-2006, 05:18 AM
V6MustangKnight
2nd Gear Member

wow, u have some pretty good mods...nothing major and u kept up with him like that? our cars ARE promising
Old 08-29-2006, 05:31 AM
Pimpin Pony
2nd Gear Member

no I dont have anything major. all i have right now is the CAI/XCalII. all the other stuff in my sig is what I plan to do. My flomasters are in the mail and should be here tomorow. I bet if I had the exhaust on I would have beat him all the way. he was coming up on me, but he wasnt comeing up on me like crazy fast or anything. If his auto was anything like my 94 auto then he was about 3/4 of the way through second. I on the other hand had just shifted to third and hadent picked my revs up hight enough to be in my max hp range. The extra hp probably wouldve cleared a full win for me. Or if it had only been me in the car instead of me and my friend (the guy in the GT was the only one in his car) and if I didnt have a set of golf clubs and all my car cleaning stuff and tools in the trunk would have probably helped out too.
Old 08-29-2006, 05:49 AM
V6MustangKnight
2nd Gear Member

thats cool. im sure u could have taken him. so ur getting dual exhaust? i left mine at single.....i got a magnaflow single axle-back. performance wise they said it would give me 10rwhp. i havent done anythin to my car except that and a drop in k&n air filter. my car wistles when i hit second gear....i dont know why, does ur do that? it sounds like a diesel engine's intake. its weird. anyways, i have lots of plans for my car. i have some minor damage to my front bumper and hood. so i wanna replace those. i wanna do this to my car

thats what i hope to make my pony look like
Old 08-29-2006, 06:08 AM
Pimpin Pony
2nd Gear Member

yeah I have heard that there really isnt any difference between a single and a dual, but I like the look of the dual and I think that it will sound a quieter with dual and that may make it a little deeper. Just a theary of mine. I also plan to go F/I eventually and when a V6 is F/I dual exhuast will give you more power. Just thinking ahead. I dont have a whistle in my car. Never had heard it. I have that C&L though. That sounds alot different than a K&N drop in filter. You may want to check your air box and make sure that it is closed completely and that it is sealed up. maybe even check the little opening in the bottom and make sure there isnt anything stuck in it. That could be a normal thing though, but I have had 2 other vehicles with a K&N drop in filter and never heard anything like that. You may want to ask one of these guys that has a drop in or sombody who has had one and see if they had that problem as well. I really like your plans on what you want to do to yours. Min is windveil blue as well. I think it is the sharpest looking color on the mustang. lol but I am sure that everybody thinks the same thing about their color. I dont think I could ever change my grill though... I LOVE the pony grill. The first time I saw a pony package I wondered if they could put that grill on a GT. I think they look better than the GT grill. That is the nicest billit grill I have seen though. The hood is awesome. That may be my new favorite. Where can you get one at?
Old 08-29-2006, 06:14 AM
V6MustangKnight
2nd Gear Member

u can go to http://www.ponybuilder.com

u can customize ur mustang and then it will give u the option to purchase the things u put on ur car. its pretty cool. check it out. i dont know what the grill is called but the hood is a saleen hood.

Quick Reply: 05 6ers V.S. 04 6ers and GTs