Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Powehouse Turbo V6 auto vs Roush 5 spd SuperCharged V8 GT (4.6)

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2006, 05:30 AM
chrisc
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Powehouse Turbo V6 vs Roush 5 spd SuperCharged V8 GT (4.6)

well rygen's car is already modded up, so you have to consider that the v6 isnt stock

so maybe (as in maybe maybe maybe) the v6 has a little chance if it is modded up
Old 09-09-2006, 09:59 AM
TJ
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: petepete

oh its just a gt with a roush charger then. I dunno at higher boost i think rygen could take them but then they could just up theirs too. If it was a real roush stage 3 i dont think so o_O

This was a Roush Stage 3 and priced at $51.635.00.

You guys some make good points which I agree with some. The only thing I can say (main point of making this thread) I was impressed/surprised how well Rygns (running at only 8.5psi) car would do against a stock Roush GT supercharged 4.6 after reading this article.
Old 09-09-2006, 10:16 AM
TJ
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 8cd03gro

im waiting for someone to go fully built short block with the ph turbo running at it's maximum efficiency....i really REALLY can't wait to start seeing some 500hp turbo 4.0's...you'd need alot of tranny and rearend stuff/ axles etc, but man can you imagine?!

Yes I know even if I own a V8 Stang by the time this happens I will be watching and quite honestly can't wait to see it. If the jackshafts, chains design inside this motor can hold as well as they are now with 500 plus rwhp with FI we should see a 10 second V6 ( rememberPH turbo @ 400RWHP runs 11.80) and that turbo that PH runs the PT61 is a good unit and is rated at 680HP so no problem there.

I think the auto tranny and 7.5 is holding very well as it is now and really do not see it as that much of a concern as I would with a MT but agree with you to a certain extent.
Old 09-09-2006, 10:42 AM
firestang70
2nd Gear Member

No matter who would win, Rygen has a fantastic ride. With his most recent upgrades he should hit deep 12s. That is impressive! Keep up the good work Rygen!
Old 10-02-2006, 01:33 PM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

Wow, can't believe I missed this thread. Thanks all and thanks Firestang, congrats on your 12's dude. Wish I was there to see it!

Well, mod for mod ultimately I will get beat out by a V8. But when you compare the Roush to my car, from a cost perspective things do get interesting. I'm at 12.4 now, what does the Roush run?
Old 10-02-2006, 04:45 PM
Tha Darkness
1st Gear Member

Nice 1/4 times dood! Its been a while but I totally forgot about Rygen having an Automatic! [sm=smiley20.gif]
Old 10-02-2006, 04:53 PM
chuckcsf
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: rygenstormlocke

Wow, can't believe I missed this thread. Thanks all and thanks Firestang, congrats on your 12's dude. Wish I was there to see it!

Well, mod for mod ultimately I will get beat out by a V8. But when you compare the Roush to my car, from a cost perspective things do get interesting. I'm at 12.4 now, what does the Roush run?
Ok for those who said they're gonna put their money on the Roush, PAY UP!
Old 10-02-2006, 05:48 PM
ranebowcyxx
BadAss 13-sec N/A 4.0L

I think people keep missing the point of this thread.

We're talking about a car giving up .6 liter of displacement and giving up the inherent advantage of a multivalve engine

I truly believe 12.20s are in store (and I may be underestimating here)for Rygen once the Stall converter goes in.

I'm old school when it comes to racing cars and believe that there is no replacement for displacement.
Twenty years ago Buick set the performance world on its ear with the turbo 3.8 V6 and started to change that mentality, I remember going to the track and watching GNs cleaning up, 5.0 Stangs and 350 Irocs were not in the same league and us V8 guys started to showed that car the respect it deserved.

I think as more and more 13 sec V6's along with the occaisional 12 sec V6 show up at the tracks we will start to see that respect for the underdog appear again.

Saw it some yesterday, maybe it's just the beginning.
Old 10-02-2006, 07:18 PM
omer333
3rd Gear Member

you've got to take into account that the Buick Grand National was a factory car, not a car with an aftermarket turbo. same with the SRT4. those are both cars (along with the WRX and Lancer Evo) that were/are small-displacement engines built to be high performance. people think "oh, it's just a V6" because the Mustang GT is the high performance car.

if, and this is a big IF, V8s are ever no longer produced, then the V6 will be seen as a viable performance engine. i'm not saying that it can't be a high performance engine, but as long as modular V8s are made, the V6 Mustang will be looked at as the "red-headed-step-child".

but as long as i own my car, as long as i have the funds, i plan on making it as fast as possible.
Old 10-02-2006, 07:47 PM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

I agree on the Lancer, STI being built for high performance. But were they built for 20lbs of boost like some of these owners are doing after they buy them? Are they over engineered engines like the SVO? Just curious, and also, gotta factor in the cost of those cars. Don't get me wrong, I have a ton of respect for those cars and gave props to one yesterday.

Quick Reply: Powehouse Turbo V6 auto vs Roush 5 spd SuperCharged V8 GT (4.6)