Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

SURVEY. Please answer. For school. Thanks

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2006, 05:15 PM
imbus
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: SURVEY. Please answer. For school. Thanks

im not in the mood for the survey but make the name more catchy(mustang maniac) and offer a service that no1 else does... how about custom installs, mustang parts - all years, sell a club membership, offer an online store, have a guy that does detailing, if you live in a place where people will spend more money have a guy that goes to the persons house to install parts for them as well, buy and sell used mustangs, sponser people to get your name out, and make it a place at night where people with mustangs will come and meet- so sell food and drink as well. dont limit yourself to selling one thing. meetings and things like this will help you get alot of bussiness in the future and people will be willing to travel long distances to go. also when you open get a **** star to be there(great publicity stunt) .expand the business to be the mustang lovers dream place, turn it into a chain, than franchise it. billions

i once took a class where we had to do this. most fun class ever
Old 09-09-2006, 05:50 PM
Black Stang 3200492
2nd Gear Member

Alright thanks everyone that has contributed so far, I appreciate it, but keep them comming I still need a few more.
Old 09-09-2006, 06:47 PM
LX200
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Black Stang 3200492

Hi everyone, for one of my classes in school I have to start my own bussiness, not really but I have to make a bussiness plan. I am thinking about opening my own Mustang parts store, it will be for 2005-2007 mustangs, and I will offer performance, interior, and exterior parts. Just pretend like this store will be opening up near you, and answer the qustions below. I need to survey atleast 12 people so the more the better. All you have to do is put the number of the qustion down and write your answer. Thanks everyone. Also my stores name is going to be Mustang Mods.

1. Do you like the name of my business? It's OK... in general, if a business had good products at good prices, I don't care what it's called. I think few people buy items from a store because it does or does not have a cool name.

2. Would you go to my store? Yes, at first to see what it has. Price and availability will bring me back. If you have neither, I'll go once and then buy mail order.

3. Who would be my main competitors? The many mail order houses.... THe more expensive the part, the better the deal is with no sales tax (i.e. on a $500 item, I save $30, and shipping will only eat in about $10.)

4. Where do you shop now for your mustang parts? Tuners, online dealers only. No local brick and mortar has anything in stock and everything they can get is overpriced.

5. Would you rather order your parts off line or from my store? Off line? Or do you mean online? I prefer local pickup if possible.

6. Would you be willing to go to my store and pay a little more, then having to order off line? I am willing to pay a few percent more at a store. For instance, if an item is $69 in your store, and $65 online, I will buy from you . If it is $55 online, I come to look at it at your store, then order it online.

7. Do you think my business idea is a good one? Having parts in stock is key. The amount of inventory you'll need, and hence startup capital, will be huge. Perhaps a niche market to start, like little items for Mustangs, and start online. Going bricks and mortar, and having to stock a full line of inventory, you better have $500,000 minimum available.

8. How far would you travel to get to my store? If good stock and good prices, up to 100 miles.

9. What kinds of parts should I offer? The whole nine yards. Also form alliance with some of the tuners to sell their sturff. Become an SCT dealer

10. Do you have any suggestions for me? Always spell "business" correctly.
Old 09-09-2006, 07:05 PM
Justin_R
5th Gear Member

Hey is this for Business Entreprenuership? Or however you spell that word? LOL! I am taking that class right now and we have to do the same thing soon.
Old 09-09-2006, 07:33 PM
dram57
1st Gear Member

1. Do you like the name of my business? YES

2. Would you go to my store? YES

3. Who would be my main competitors? EBAY, MUSTANGSTORE

4. Where do you shop now for your mustang parts? EBAY

5. Would you rather order your parts off line or from my store? STORE

6. Would you be willing to go to my store and pay a little more, then having to order off line? NO

7. Do you think my business idea is a good one? YES

8. How far would you travel to get to my store? WOULD NOT TRAVEL

9. What kinds of parts should I offer? CAI, TUNER,EXHAUST

10. Do you have any suggestions for me? DEVELOP A BUSINESS PLAN

Old 09-09-2006, 09:01 PM
Kriger
2nd Gear Member

1. Do you like the name of my business? No, its ok but isn't something thats going to grab someones attention! Think outside the box

2. Would you go to my store? yes, but only because i own 2005 mustang, you are limiting your customer base

3. Who would be my main competitors? everyone who sponsors the forums here, you'll need a website for mail order without it your limiting your customers to locals that own 05,06 or 07 stangs

4. Where do you shop now for your mustang parts? online,

5. Would you rather order your parts off line or from my store? online with very good product information and detailed product photos

6. Would you be willing to go to my store and pay a little more, then having to order off line? no, don't kid yourself those days are long gone. Just be willing to ship the sameday overnight until 4:00pm

7. Do you think my business idea is a good one? yes, but you'll need to expand your customer base by including more products and reaching more customers

8. How far would you travel to get to my store? maybe 20 miles if Iknew you had what i wanted... catalog or online

9. What kinds of parts should I offer? Everything and anything about mustangs, Do you have a startup and or overhead cap for the assignment?

10. Do you have any suggestions for me? visit alot of the sponsors here and take notes, compare them and improve on their online store models. being 05-07 specific limits your profits. include more years and design a parts database with super ease of ordering
and overnight shipping. most of these dealers on here wouldn't be here if they depended on walk-in sales. mail-order and online are the backbone of your business concept.
Old 09-09-2006, 09:07 PM
Apoptosis
poptart tits

Hi everyone, for one of my classes in school I have to start my own bussiness, not really but I have to make a bussiness plan. I am thinking about opening my own Mustang parts store, it will be for 2005-2007 mustangs, and I will offer performance, interior, and exterior parts. Just pretend like this store will be opening up near you, and answer the qustions below. I need to survey atleast 12 people so the more the better. All you have to do is put the number of the qustion down and write your answer. Thanks everyone. Also my stores name is going to be Mustang Mods.

1. Do you like the name of my business?
Not bad, I bet it is taken already.

2. Would you go to my store?
If the price is right.

3. Who would be my main competitors?
Other shops that are mustang exclusive.

4. Where do you shop now for your mustang parts?
brenspeed.com

5. Would you rather order your parts off line or from my store?
If price is the same or very close I would go into the store.

6. Would you be willing to go to my store and pay a little more, then having to order off line?
If it was a very little more.

7. Do you think my business idea is a good one?
yes, but you need to offer a wider range of years. like 80's+

8. How far would you travel to get to my store?
45 mins each way.

9. What kinds of parts should I offer?
Performance mainly, a few visuals. No underglows or Big Wings!

10. Do you have any suggestions for me?
-Offer more of a range for mustang owners. ie 1980-200#.
-Good Prices.
-Know what you sell.
-Scout out a good spot where there arn't many other shops or by a fairly busy road.
Old 09-10-2006, 02:06 AM
8cd03gro
5th Gear Member

1. Do you like the name of my business? kinda

2. Would you go to my store? it depends...would i get a mustangforums discount?

3. Who would be my main competitors? evolution, v6mustangstuff etc.

4. Where do you shop now for your mustang parts? online

5. Would you rather order your parts off line or from my store?from the store

6. Would you be willing to go to my store and pay a little more, then having to order off line? depends on how much more it is

7. Do you think my business idea is a good one? maybe...it really depends on how well you set it up and how well it is advertised, but for the main part yes.

8. How far would you travel to get to my store? 10-15 miles

9. What kinds of parts should I offer? cosmetic and bolt on stuff. Seems to be the most popular stuff.

10. Do you have any suggestions for me? give me free parts if you ever do this. I will put decal advertisements all over my car!
Old 09-10-2006, 02:53 AM
Pyrat
3rd Gear Member

1. Do you like the name of my business?
Yes

2. Would you go to my store?
Yes

3. Who would be my main competitors?
In Dallas, Dallas Mustang, V6 Mustang Stuff, probably some I am not aware of and the Internet stores

4. Where do you shop now for your mustang parts?
Dallas Mustang, VMP Tuning online

5. Would you rather order your parts off line or from my store?
I'm assuming off line is a typo and you mean on line. On line has the advantage of usually saving you money and sales tax. The drawback to online is you have no hands on with the product. Assuming a similar price, I'd really rather shop at a brick and mortar store.

6. Would you be willing to go to my store and pay a little more, then having to order off line?
It would depend on the service I got when at your store. If the service was excellent, yes.

7. Do you think my business idea is a good one?
No, by limiting your Mustang coverage to only the '05 and later vehicles you are missing out on most of the potential customers.

8. How far would you travel to get to my store?
25-35 miles, more if the service was really good.

9. What kinds of parts should I offer?
The full range of engine, suspension and body modification parts as well as some things like speciality cleaning products, etc, but avoid getting into competition with Auto Zone and the like (not your target market)

10. Do you have any suggestions for me?
As stated above, you limiting your customer base you are missing out on a large segment of the customer base. The advantage of your plan is that you would not be stocking as many parts. You would have to research this question before committing funds to the venture. You need to know exactly what the market for just the late model stuff would potentially bring in in sales. You should also research what that market potential would be if you expanded your model coverage.

Good luck...

Old 09-10-2006, 03:12 AM
Black Stang 3200492
2nd Gear Member

Yea dude, I am in the same class. Where you from and what grade you in.

Quick Reply: SURVEY. Please answer. For school. Thanks