Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Really soon

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2006, 04:03 PM
chavalo_nm1
3rd Gear Member

Default Really soon

Really soon im getting wide yellow stripes for my black pony package stang along with an MRT muffler and a Roush hood scoop. I have a question for all you guys that have a hood and stripes. Did you all lay down the stripes then lay the hood scoop on top of the stripes in some way. That is waht I wanted to do bu with wide stripes theres no way they'll fit over the roush hood scoop. The roush hood scoop is too small. May th boss hood scoop would work better because its wider. I saw a roush stage one mustang yesterday and It had small silver stripes going all the way down the car and op top of the hood scoop. The stripes were really small though so it didnt look quite right. Has anyone just put on the stripes then the hood scoop on top of the stripes? Will this look tacky? Pleae help me out on this one guys1
Old 09-11-2006, 04:05 PM
chavalo_nm1
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Really soon

Oh yea. Im talking about Vinyl stripes.
Old 09-11-2006, 06:21 PM
scrming
5th Gear Member

I had my stipe on for a long time before I added the hoodscoop... so yes, my scoop is over top of my stripe...

Old 09-11-2006, 07:19 PM
Cindy
4th Gear Member

Love that yellow. Stang Looks Great!!!!!
Old 09-11-2006, 07:56 PM
oldtimer stanger
1st Gear Member

dont't know if this will help ya or not .(my stripes are painted on) but i had my roush scoop painted to match the stripes(stripes painted on car 1st)
cant see why you cant have your scoop paint matched to the vinyl.hope my pics is what your after.
scrming your car is awsome!!!!!
Old 09-12-2006, 12:34 AM
HurricaneStang
4th Gear Member

Yellow on black, i dont think ive seen it before but it should look good nice choice.
Old 09-12-2006, 03:12 PM
chavalo_nm1
3rd Gear Member

Ok I really wanted the roush hood scoop but maybe the boss hoddscoop will work alot better and my wide stripes will go down the boss hood scoop fine. what do you guys think?