Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

My first Ding

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2006, 10:52 PM
Devil by Deed

Default My first Ding

Well after having her for about two plus months, I put the first ding on her. I have a very narrow driveway flanked by bushes and the fence itself. Anyway, on the back out this morning one of my friends shot past my house and in hopes of catching him I didn't mind my path and rolled up on my gate. It left scratches all along the back right wheel guard (which I hit with some touch up paint) and rather small ding which my eyes made thousands of time bigger.

After freaking and crying, I took her to some body shop places and all said that the ding (at which point to me was still the biggest dent a car could get) could be fixed no problem . . . just as long as I know that the WHOLE side panel will have to be painted afterwards. The lowest price I found was for $375. For a ding. I was saving up to put a touchscreen in her and all the people I talk to are telling me to leave it be. It is pretty hard to see and after my father and I wax and buff her the touchup paint will be nearly invisable as well. $375 is a lot for something that only I will know is there . . .

Any thoughts.
Old 09-11-2006, 10:55 PM
hammeron
6th Gear Member

Default RE: My first Ding

you know the ding is there and your stang knows
it's there.....i vote for getting her all patched up good
as new........
Old 09-11-2006, 11:01 PM
beaustang
5th Gear Member

I got a door ding from an a-hole in a parking lot and am going to have to have the whole door painted and clear coated too for $250. so I know your pain; I say get it done right or you will always be looking at it.
Old 09-11-2006, 11:47 PM
Horrific_Ending
4th Gear Member

Yeah i got a nice ding from someone in a parking lot too. Now his insurance is forking out for it. Plus my insurance said i wont have to pay the deductiable because they are from tj and its hard to get ahold of people from down their. so they said if his insurance wont pay they, that my insurance company will take care of me and get it fixed for me.
Old 09-12-2006, 12:19 AM
pperin
I ♥ Acer

YEP! I got one too rear left fender you can barely see it but it looks like a gaping hole to me!!!! Dam !!!!.....every time I take her anywere I try to find the LARGEST parking spot I can
Old 09-12-2006, 01:22 AM
Black Stang 3200492
2nd Gear Member

Yea man that would bother the **** out of me, thats why i nver park next to anyone.
Old 09-12-2006, 02:01 AM
SparkYZ
2nd Gear Member

Occasionally I have to go to Home Depot to get parts for work.

When I see idiots dropping pipe on cars trying to load it into their trucks....It scares the crap out of me.

I park in the farthest spots from the entrance....I'd rather walk a mile than have a dent or ding from some a-hole.
Old 09-12-2006, 02:16 AM
Pyrat
3rd Gear Member

Me too. I park way out in parking lots. The other cars out there are usually other Mustangs and cars the owners care about. Besides the exercise is good for you.

Devil by Deed, regarding your ding, black is beautiful, but one of the drawbacks is the amount of prep work required to get it to look good. I'd bet a big chunk of the difference in what they are charging you and what beaustang got charged is for the amount of prep required.
Old 09-12-2006, 09:05 AM
jim01028
2nd Gear Member

walking 50 feet extra from a clear parking spot is well worth it compared to having some nitwit ding up up my stang. 5 1/2 months and no hits yet!
ORIGINAL: Black Stang 3200492

Yea man that would bother the **** out of me, thats why i nver park next to anyone.
Old 09-12-2006, 02:37 PM
LiquidLenny
1st Gear Member

Yeah get it done. I recieved two already and it bothers me like hell everyday. [:@]

Quick Reply: My first Ding