Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

The Acura NSX, what?!

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2006, 04:58 PM
nonstopred
5th Gear Member

Default RE: The Acura NSX, what?!

those things are aluminum they weigh nothing...and they have 270 horse,,,not too shabby
Old 09-16-2006, 05:09 PM
8cd03gro
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Pyrat

I had a Bentley Continental GT have a go at me in Ft. Worth. What I find amusing is that the guys in these "super cars" want to try and race our Mustangs. While they may beat us in HP, top speed, and acceleration, they can't touch us in bang-for-buck. [sm=smiley1.gif]
once you ride in a car like that, your view of bang for buck really changes. that car could make you fall asleep it's so comfy, while you are running a 1/4 in the high 12's. Beleive me, it is well worth the money if you have it.
Old 09-16-2006, 05:10 PM
8cd03gro
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: petepete

a 2001 with like 30k miles would be like 40000 so it may be worth it to repair o_O
If you could do ALL the work yourself yes, but the frame is ****ed on that too. That kidna stuff gets real expensive real fast, especially since they don't mass produce replacement parts for that car like they do for most of the cars people restore (old gto's and such).
Old 09-16-2006, 06:26 PM
jericho73
3rd Gear Member

I had a Bentley Continental GT have a go at me in Ft. Worth. What I find amusing is that the guys in these "super cars" want to try and race our Mustangs. While they may beat us in HP, top speed, and acceleration, they can't touch us in bang-for-buck. [sm=smiley1.gif]
Bang for buck in what way? We're considerably slower, handle considerably worse, have alot less luxery....it's considered a freaking exotic for jeebus sake. I love my v6 as much as anyone but it's nowhere near an NSXin any way, shape or form, no matter the spin. Comparing them is just insane.

You want a legit bang for the buck challenger to the NSX? The Corvette Z06.
Old 09-16-2006, 06:37 PM
8cd03gro
5th Gear Member

the z06 is probably the best bang for buck car ever built. I've had the chance to compare it against all of the best cars money can buy and i'll tell you, it is far more comfortable than expected, it is FAST AS *****, and it is just a flat out supercar for much lower than supercar price. If you wanted a supercar, but didn't care if you had that exotic car flash so people knew what it was, a z06 is by far the best choice. It just eats the competition.
Old 09-16-2006, 06:57 PM
jericho73
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 8cd03gro

the z06 is probably the best bang for buck car ever built. I've had the chance to compare it against all of the best cars money can buy and i'll tell you, it is far more comfortable than expected, it is FAST AS *****, and it is just a flat out supercar for much lower than supercar price. If you wanted a supercar, but didn't care if you had that exotic car flash so people knew what it was, a z06 is by far the best choice. It just eats the competition.
Agreed, but as you said, for people who can afford an exotic...it's all about having that supercar branding, Ferrari, Porsche, Lambo what have you. But like you said, straight up the Z06 is probably the best bang for buck car ever, it just excels everywhere for a respectable enough price that a reg person can get one.
Old 09-16-2006, 07:40 PM
blackfoot
4th Gear Member

lol yeah a DOHC v-tec.. somewhere in the 3L range V6.. im too lazy to look it up.. the thing hauls ***
Old 09-16-2006, 07:44 PM
Pyrat
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: jericho73

Bang for buck in what way? We're considerably slower, handle considerably worse, have alot less luxery....it's considered a freaking exotic for jeebus sake. I love my v6 as much as anyone but it's nowhere near an NSXin any way, shape or form, no matter the spin. Comparing them is just insane.

You want a legit bang for the buck challenger to the NSX? The Corvette Z06.
Bang for buck. $165,000 vs 25,000. Top end of a Bentley Continental GT is reported to be around 200, a Mustang GT, say 150. Do the math... As to the Covette, never really cared for most of them all that much, but a much better B4B rating than the so called exotics.
Old 09-16-2006, 08:33 PM
8cd03gro
5th Gear Member

the continental gt is really the ultimate business man car. It's super comfortable, but its really fast. Runs high 12's stock. Has one of the best interiors i've ever seen. Really, considering everything it is not that expensive. The thing has a 550hp twin turbo w12 for gods sake. Any supercar with that kind of power costs close to if not more than the continental gt, and the gt is as comfortable and smooth as my dad's lexus ls430 at the same time. That car is actually a really good deal, even though it is 150 grand.
Old 09-16-2006, 09:23 PM
Pyrat
3rd Gear Member

And that's true, but in most cases those who own theses type vehicles are making a statement about financial status rather than love of cars. My point was that we have just as much fun, and perhaps more fun than most exotic owners, messing around and modifying our cars. When was the last time you saw a modified Bentley or Ferrari or even a modified Jag? Most of them are box stock. It would be nice to be like Steve Wynn in Las Vegas and have a collection of Ferraris, which I could put on display and charge people to look at, but you know you should had seen the smile I got form the girl selling the tickets when I told her I had the "other" pony car. [sm=smiley2.gif]

Quick Reply: The Acura NSX, what?!