Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

X CAL 2 & Demolet TI

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2006, 11:30 PM
TJ
4th Gear Member

Default X CAL 2 & Demolet TI

Edited

Plans changed.

Old 09-17-2006, 01:29 AM
fazm
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Good deal on a X CAL 2 & Demolet TI

im such a junkie id almost take the TI for the remainin 5 weeks before my turbo gets here lol
Old 09-17-2006, 11:50 AM
TJ
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: fazm

im such a junkie id almost take the TI for the remainin 5 weeks before my turbo gets here lol
OMG when I read this I started laughing that is to funny but I know I do stuff like that two or want with certain things its crazy.

No wonder your a bolt on King.

@Rygen

If you get a chance pick up M&FF October great article they rented a track for the day and tested two GT's an auto and a stick. They tested with the same bolt on parts (only) one bolt on at a time on each car using light weight parts DS, BMR, wheels, alnong with MT's, CAI,tune, etc and showed the results. It is a good article reduced the the weight by 200 pounds on the cars the DS was good for a 1/10 etc they also talked about rwhp and what # added HP is worth off the ET also what light weigth wheels did for the car. Some of this stuff could carry over to your car info wise.

The GT w/ stick with the above stuff ( plus a WMS & Tune) stock 3.55 gears (!) it would pull the front tires off the ground ( Bogart wheels) stock shocks all around the car ran 12.50's w/1.70 60ft.

They said they would have liked a set of 4.10's or 4.30's gears in the above GT, which M&FF also mention about putting the same gears also in the S/C Eaton Roush article in the same issue. I mention the gears for the GT S/C Eaton which I agree with 4.10's because you see some guys on the forums recommend against 4.10's on the X charger which I don't agree with.

Old 09-27-2006, 07:52 PM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

LOL, yea, I read that article a couple of times. Thanks man.
Old 09-27-2006, 08:09 PM
TJ
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: rygenstormlocke

LOL, yea, I read that article a couple of times. Thanks man.

That was really a good article!

I haven't see Fazm lately might be hard at work on his turbo!
Old 09-27-2006, 08:13 PM
blackfoot
4th Gear Member

i was browsing ebay and there was a turbo for sale for 280$! T4/.60 exactly what i would need. but shipping was like another 200$ to canada lol.. i was like f. that .. maybe in the spring
Old 09-27-2006, 08:28 PM
TJ
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: blackfoot

i was browsing ebay and there was a turbo for sale for 280$! T4/.60 exactly what i would need. but shipping was like another 200$ to canada lol.. i was like f. that .. maybe in the spring

Black you plan on building your own turbo in the future?

Yea I priced out eveything awhile for kicks I think it came up to like around $2,000.00 for parts.

pt61 was around $959.00
Old 09-27-2006, 08:39 PM
blackfoot
4th Gear Member

well i still have all my intercooler piping and intercooler... i even have a collector pipe (off a 6L diesel) to have 2 pipes go into one (like a Y pipe) eccept the one ends bolts to a turbo

if the price is right for stuff as i fall on it, then it will get me closer to my goal...

theres a guy not ar from here who does custom exhaust work. so when i get the turbo he will be able to manufacter the missing pieces.. pipes to the turbo from the manifolds, and the down pipe..

and basically all i need from there is an SCT II .. and then off to the dyno to get the car tuned.. i only have 40% of the parts needed to do the job.. 50% being the turbo itself and the other 10% being the exhaust piping needed and tuner.. lol
Old 09-27-2006, 11:51 PM
Dats1NiceMustang
2nd Gear Member

Where would you get the tune from our who would you get to make you the tune I too was also interested in building my own turbo kit, but plus wouldn't injectors be another problem
Old 09-27-2006, 11:58 PM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Dats1NiceMustang

Where would you get the tune from our who would you get to make you the tune I too was also interested in building my own turbo kit, but plus wouldn't injectors be another problem

It would need a custom dyno tune. Cobra injectors would be more than enough.

Quick Reply: X CAL 2 & Demolet TI