Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Alternative Auto vs Bamachips

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2006, 03:14 PM
blackNchrome05
1st Gear Member

Default Alternative Auto vs Bamachips

So I'm finally ready to bite the bullet and drop the ~$700 to get myself a intake/tune combo. All the while I've known that these two guys are the best with their tuning, and every person who has gone to either has raved about performance increase... Right now I'm leaning towards Lidio's, just b/c of scrming and the massive amount of trial and error he's put into his car. But I think Bamachips is a little less $ than Alternative Auto... So if you would, please vote and state your case on why you think I'd like one over the other...

And PS: Anybody who has had both, *PLEASE* post and tell me what you think, thanks
Old 09-23-2006, 11:04 PM
LX200
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Alternative Auto vs Bamachips

Evolution + C&L + 93 Octane tune
Old 09-23-2006, 11:11 PM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

They are all good. You can't go wrong with any that you mention.
Old 09-23-2006, 11:47 PM
TJ
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: rygenstormlocke

They are both good but you have to look at fitbikeco excellant ET today 14.76 (stock gears & an open rear) with Bamachips Race tune on a automatic !
Old 09-24-2006, 12:39 AM
Evolution Performance
Former Sponsor

I think you should add Fred @ Evolution Performance Tune!

I have over 100 hours on the dyno with my S197 Mustang GT and over 60 hours with a S197 Mustang V6, not to mention the most Powerful and Fastest Shelby GT500 (First in the 10's) in the country.

I'll put my tuning skills up against any other tuner's Power/Torque and 1/4 Mile times!

Up until I put the Kenne Bell 2.4L Supercharger on my car I had the fastest 2005 N/A Stock Motor Automatic Mustang GT with a 1/4 Mile time of 12.3 @ 114mph!

I have talked to several mustang magazine editors over the past several months on doing a tune off between all tuners, but majority of the tuners declined to get involved for fear that they might lose and look bad publicly. I on the other hand am confident I would prevail!

I have over 4,500 satisfied Intake/Xcal2 customers through out the world; ask anyone, they will tell you how damn good my tunes are!

You be the judge!

You want the best, get an Evolution Performance Tune!

Fred
Evolution Performance, Inc.
Old 09-24-2006, 01:53 AM
scrming
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Evolution Performance

I think you should add Fred @ Evolution Performance Tune!

I have over 100 hours on the dyno with my S197 Mustang GT and over 60 hours with a S197 Mustang V6, not to mention the most Powerful and Fastest Shelby GT500 (First in the 10's) in the country.

I'll put my tuning skills up against any other tuner's Power/Torque and 1/4 Mile times!

Up until I put the Kenne Bell 2.4L Supercharger on my car I had the fastest 2005 N/A Stock Motor Automatic Mustang GT with a 1/4 Mile time of 12.3 @ 114mph!

I have talked to several mustang magazine editors over the past several months on doing a tune off between all tuners, but majority of the tuners declined to get involved for fear that they might lose and look bad publicly. I on the other hand am confident I would prevail!

I have over 4,500 satisfied Intake/Xcal2 customers through out the world; ask anyone, they will tell you how damn good my tunes are!

You be the judge!

Fred
Check out MM&FF's "America's Baddest 2005 Mustang's": http://www.musclemustangfastfords.co...out/index.html

Lidio's GT took "Stock Tire - Poweradder" and one of his customers took "Street Tire - Naturally Aspirated". No mention of Evolution Performance... Oh, and our friend Mike Bowen from Powerhouse took "Drag Radial - Power Adder". However... there seems to be no mention of Evolution Performance... ???

According to the C&L website , Lidio at Alternative Auto had the FIRST AUTOMATIC 2005 MUSTANG GT in the 12's: http://www.cnlperformance.com/index.shtml

While it's nice that you have a GT500, most of us here probably will never own one... or at least not in the near future... Look at Powerhouse or Paul's High Peformance... Both shops have amazing 4.0L cars! I think most of us here can relate more to a fast V6 than a GT500... These guys have built some amazing S197 V6's... And you brag about having over 60 hours of dyno time on the V6... heck, I think Lidio and I have close to 60 hours on my car alone! LOL! I can't even imagine how many hours he has on his GT...

Speaking of magazines... I don't get a lot of them... but I don't recall reading about Evolution Performance in any of them... Can you point out a few articles?

Ok... as I have said before... LX200 and I have "discussed" about posting claims about who the best tuner is... I am man enough to admit that LX200 made some very good points and as such I have changed what I post... Now you come in here and start posting that your tunes for our V6's are "way better" than anyone elses, yet as LX pointed out in my posts, where is your proof? You have a fast GT500... as a V6 owner I say "SO WHAT"... it doesn't relate to me... I have a V6.... You have a fast GT... again... I HAVE A V6.... You want to come in here and brag about your tunes then show me you have the fastest 4.0L because I really don't car about your non-4.0L cars... otherwise I would tell you about Lidio's 9 second 1988 LX Notchback steet car... or his 10 second Mach 1... or his 11 second Marauder... LOL!

Old 09-24-2006, 01:54 AM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: TJ

They are both good but you have to look at fitbikeco excellant ET today 14.76 (stock gears & an open rear) with Bamachips Race tune on a automatic !
Yea, I'm curious how this differs from the TQ tune he used to offer. Been meaning to call him and ask him about that.
Old 09-24-2006, 02:00 AM
TJ
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: TJ

Yea, I'm curious how this differs from the TQ tune he used to offer. Been meaning to call him and ask him about that.

Rygen I have the TQ tune, race tune and performance tune, IMO I didn't like the TQ tune all bottom end fell on its face mid to upper rpm range, the race tune impressed me and is the best tune out of the three.
Old 09-24-2006, 02:20 AM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

I have a lot of respect for you, and the other top tuners that myself and others recommend and you'll notice, its pretty constructive and objective recommendations in this section. Especially after some debate in this section, between Scrming, LX200 and me, we all agreed multiple factors go into choosing a tuner, and to agree that you can't go wrong with any of the top reputable tuners out there.

I had the fastest 2005 N/A Stock Motor Automatic Mustang GT with a 1/4 Mile time of 12.3 @ 114mph!
Can you provide more details on this one! I've never seen a NA GT hit low 12's. I've chatted it up with a handful that have broken into the high 12's with all the bolt ons, suspension and DR's. But low 12's, I know of GT's running that with juice or even boost. Is there a write up on this car, thats damn impressive! Is it a daily driver? Were you running slicks or DR's?

Very cool, do you have more information on this, emails, posts, etc? What tuners were engaged for participation? How would the tests be conducted? How would conditions be controlled and evaluated? This would provide a lot of answers to all of us, regardless of powerplant.

You be the judge!

Fred
Like I said, I have reccomended you to my fellow stang owners here. But you are not really comming accross as confident here, you are comming accross as arrogant...and arrogant usually pisses 99.9% of the population off, no matter how good you are. Considering this is the first time you have ventured into this area, I would try to respond to the posts by building trust, offering suggestions instead of reciting your resume. Your suggestion to 28hopup was a good one, on his tire pressure. I actually didn't know it was safe to drop the stock pneros down to 20psi. That one suprised me and taught me something new.

I'm not a mechanic or a tuner, just a hobbyist that really enjoys the sport. And from a customers perspective, if I was a newb comming on these boards, a post like this would not make me feel your shop is the way to go.

I'm not trying to bash on you, I've seen the results of your work. But at the same time, I thought you should know how you are comming accross as a lot of your customers in this section speak highly of you, and I would hate to see potential new customers have a mis-perception of your shop.

Or this could be the shop manager trying to drum up business, and this really isn't Fred....and then Fred would see these posts and **** a brick! Thats always a possibility.
Old 09-24-2006, 02:28 AM
TJ
4th Gear Member

Or this could be the shop manager trying to drum up business, and this really isn't Fred....and then Fred would see these posts and **** a brick! Thats always a possibility.
Bingo!!!

IMO this doesn't sound like Fred to me from the post I have read by him.

Quick Reply: Alternative Auto vs Bamachips