Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Advice needed

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2006, 05:43 AM
rmays06
5th Gear Member

Default Advice needed

Ok look this is the 1,564,329th question about tunes but I am in a quandry. I need the people who actually use the tunes or who have used the tunes. I'm not looking to bash anyone nor am I asking who better but I wann know on a preformance basis who gonna give me more power.

Which tune would be better for me: first here is what I got, TI CAI and XCAL 93 tune with a JBA Axle back which is soon to be a Flowmaster Axle back. I want a daily driver 93 tune so would you out there suggest-

Doug (bama) 93 TQ tune
Doug (bama) 93 preformance tune
Lidio (alternative) preformance tune

Now please remember I'm asking for opinions and knowledge. If you could do it all over again what would you do or if you plan on doing it what are you gonna do?

Thanks out there this is the biggest reason I'm here for the input and knowledge.
Old 09-25-2006, 07:37 AM
scrming
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Advice needed

ORIGINAL: rmays06

Ok look this is the 1,564,329th question about tunes but I am in a quandry. I need the people who actually use the tunes or who have used the tunes. I'm not looking to bash anyone nor am I asking who better but I wann know on a preformance basis who gonna give me more power.

Which tune would be better for me: first here is what I got, TI CAI and XCAL 93 tune with a JBA Axle back which is soon to be a Flowmaster Axle back. I want a daily driver 93 tune so would you out there suggest-

Doug (bama) 93 TQ tune
Doug (bama) 93 preformance tune
Lidio (alternative) preformance tune

Now please remember I'm asking for opinions and knowledge. If you could do it all over again what would you do or if you plan on doing it what are you gonna do?

Thanks out there this is the biggest reason I'm here for the input and knowledge.
I would say Lidio mainly because he's local (sort of)... If you are going to get a new tune I would definitely spend the money and get your car dyno'd tuned. Getting another pre-packaged tune most likey won't get you much... So I would take the car over to a Alt Auto and get that thing on the dyno... LOL
Old 09-25-2006, 09:44 AM
28HopUp
MF Administrator

scrming
I would say Lidio mainly because he's local (sort of)... If you are going to get a new tune I would definitely spend the money and get your car dyno'd tuned. Getting another pre-packaged tune most likey won't get you much... So I would take the car over to a Alt Auto and get that thing on the dyno... LOL
I would echo that as well. I picked Evo because they have a good rep AND because they are local to me. Having the opportunity to meet a vendor face-to-face was important to me.

I hope others will chime in to answer your orig post. Good Luck!

Bill Jr.
28hopup
Old 09-25-2006, 02:05 PM
Pyrat
3rd Gear Member

Call SCT and ask them for a tuner recommendation in your local area (that's how I found Justin at VMP Tuning). Any tune not supported by a dyno run is a guestimation of what you need. Better than nothing, but not really dialed in.

As Scrming suggested (maybe in a different forum) it would be really interesting to have a Tune-Off between these tuners. Provide them with a car and over a race weekend give them time to work up a tune for the car, setting it back to stock following each development period. Then, on the afternoon of the last day give each tuner a dyno run with his tune loaded and give a trophy to the guy who makes the most HP/TQ.