Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Hilarious Way To Get Ricers

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2006, 03:50 PM
S2K1
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Hilarious Way To Get Ricers

ORIGINAL: flapjack

What kind of ******* comment is this? I certainly hope it's a joke, because Rygen is one of the best contributing members to all the forums he's involved in.

Grow up.

ORIGINAL: stratjakt

Rygen's car is nothing short of awesome, but how many rwhp do those center mounted fogs add? That cash could have gone into his "rebuild the engine to handle 20+ lbs of boost" fund. Lets call 1-800-Imadouche to report him! Damn ricer!
He's making a point. He's not dissing Rygen. People like different things and we shouldn't call whatever phone number to report them is what he's saying.
Old 09-29-2006, 04:18 PM
flapjack
I ♥ Acer

Ok. I must've taken it the wrong way... sorry.
Old 09-29-2006, 04:58 PM
stratjakt
2nd Gear Member

I wasnt dissing rygen at all, I think his car is the shiznite, and I like the center mounted fogs and plan to get them for myself. I was just saying that hating on people for doing aesthetic mods is silly when we all do the same thing.
Old 09-29-2006, 05:03 PM
flapjack
I ♥ Acer

Well, still.... most of the ricer "aesthetic" mods are not done for looks. They will argue until they run out of oxygen that the big wing on the back boosts their performance. ...or that their coffee can exhaust tip adds 25 HP. That is why people bash on ricers. Never would anyone here say their spoiler gives them better traction. Sure... maybe if you're going 200+ MPH...

Being a math geek, I'll never forget a conversation I had with a buddy of mine. We were in a big group talking cars and stuff, when one of the guys started going on and on about his ridiculous wing. My ricer friend then proceeded to talk about his drag coefficient and how the wing changes it. I stopped the conversation with one question: "Tell me what a coefficient is". Of course, my ricer friend had no answer because it was something he read and didn't quite understand from a magazine.

Laughter and hilarity ensued... it was a good time.
Old 09-29-2006, 05:19 PM
Torch_Vert
5th Gear Member

Being a math geek, I'll never forget a conversation I had with a buddy of mine. We were in a big group talking cars and stuff, when one of the guys started going on and on about his ridiculous wing. My ricer friend then proceeded to talk about his drag coefficient and how the wing changes it. I stopped the conversation with one question: "Tell me what a coefficient is". Of course, my ricer friend had no answer because it was something he read and didn't quite understand from a magazine.

Well, whether he understood fluid dynamics or not, he was 100% right. Bolting one of those laquer coated coffee tables to your trunk lid DOES change your drag characterics.....for the worse.

I'm sure the whole calling in the ricers thing evens out. They're probably riding around calling in all the domestic drivers that don't take them seriously (and that could be a hell of a lot of calls,,,)
Old 09-29-2006, 08:05 PM
beaustang
5th Gear Member

+1000!!!!
ORIGINAL: chuckcsf

The biggest problem here in California are the democrats!

ORIGINAL: Thomas Ford

Well I don't like it here anyway it sucks. Ricers are part of it sucking. The only thing keeping me here is I work for the goverment and in 2 1/2 years when I turn 50 I will have 30 years of service. I'll get 80% of my pay for life plus medical. Then, believe me I'm getting the hell out of here and I'll never set foot back in this craphole. They ruined it. The borders are being overrun by illegals coming here in droves. If they have a kid here guess what, they're instant citizens!! I can't imagine it in 20 years.
Old 09-29-2006, 08:10 PM
beaustang
5th Gear Member

LOL Are you saying the ricer in question was driving a boat or submarine?
ORIGINAL: Torch_Vert

Well, whether he understood fluid dynamics or not, he was 100% right. Bolting one of those laquer coated coffee tables to your trunk lid DOES change your drag characterics.....for the worse.

I'm sure the whole calling in the ricers thing evens out. They're probably riding around calling in all the domestic drivers that don't take them seriously (and that could be a hell of a lot of calls,,,)
Old 09-29-2006, 09:04 PM
AmericanMade
3rd Gear Member

Hmm... I'm coming in a little bit late but I don't know about the gearing for honda's... but V-techs put out **** for torque at the engine... the new SI might have 192 HP but it only has about 150 somethin' FT/LBs of torque... That sucks.
Old 09-29-2006, 09:25 PM
petepete
5th Gear Member

If you dont like california then leave. Maybe you dont liek it because you liv ein some hell hole where all the poor illegals live. Try a different part of the state. As for ricers ive seen scion xb's that will put any of our cars to shame. Let snot forget the Lotus uses a Toyota 1.8l engine from the mr2 and is sporting just a little over 4 seconds in its 0-60. My buddy has a wrx with 4 inch pipes and a huge fart can that sounds horrible but just because he has that hes not a ricer. Even with f/i he puts lengths on me.