Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

procharger...skeptical

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2006, 02:15 AM
Jerseyfury2
4th Gear Member

Default procharger...skeptical

Hey all,
I'm thinking about possibly buying a supercharger for the stang soon.....what have you guys heard about the procharger?? I've seen online that there are quite a few reported problems with the v6 one. Also, is it really possible with heads, tune, exhaust, cai, all that good stuff to put down somewhere close to 400hp??? Doesn't seem like anyone has really hit close to that...well i mean close close...u get me.
-Mike
Old 09-29-2006, 03:17 AM
beaustang
5th Gear Member

Default RE: procharger...skeptical

With enough boost it can be done, and if you build the bottom end it can be done safely. I believe it has already been achieved by a speed shop I heard talk of but I don't know which one, I'm sure someone will pick up this thread who does.
Old 09-29-2006, 10:15 AM
ricklmesa@cox.net
3rd Gear Member

Procharger is good. Mine was leaking for the first few weeks and I started to panic. Even made a few posts here making it look and seem worse than it was. A few weeks later It stopped. I think it was just a breaking in thing. I only have about 2500 on my engine with the blower but it has not done me any wrong. Car runs decently cool. Ihave the 3 core set up.

Have you concidered spending the extra $600 on the turbo? It costed me $4006 for the procharger kit. $4600 with out the tuner for the turbo I belive. It was back in April, May when I was looking so I did not want to wait plus this was not done with cash so the extra $600 was a little bit too much for me as funny as it sounds.

I also like prochargers intercooler set up compared to the air-to-water set up vortech uses. Its all personal preference really. Both are really good systems. If you go procharger I have the name of a Guy who has good cusomer service cause to be honest procharger doesn't have the best customer service.
Old 09-29-2006, 12:55 PM
AmericanMade
3rd Gear Member

Yea I'm also looking into superchargers, the new ProCharger Race II Kit has a 3-core setup, 62 LB injectors and the D-1SC upgrade. it's $4495 but it's supposed to get you around 400+ HP to the crankshaft with 10 PSI I believe.
Old 09-29-2006, 02:30 PM
Jerseyfury2
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: AmericanMade

Yea I'm also looking into superchargers, the new ProCharger Race II Kit has a 3-core setup, 62 LB injectors and the D-1SC upgrade. it's $4495 but it's supposed to get you around 400+ HP to the crankshaft with 10 PSI I believe.
^^That's what i'm looking to get. Why would I get the turbo...just curious?
Old 09-29-2006, 06:17 PM
ranebowcyxx
BadAss 13-sec N/A 4.0L

Because you'll make more torque with the turbo with less boost.

Check out Rygen's numbers and then ask why turbo.

BTW, I had to call Procharger twice for support, keep in mind, I didn't even buy mine new, and I have to say the service I got was excellent.

The reason I had to call was the prior owner forgot to include the fuel rail spacers which they got to me right away and another was some questions that they must get a hundred times a day.
Old 09-29-2006, 08:57 PM
AmericanMade
3rd Gear Member

I've been told that all in all a supercharger puts out more torque but turbo is badass because it used wated gases and give you ALOT of power so it's like having free power, which is why they also get better gas mialage.
Old 09-30-2006, 12:30 AM
ThePointman

Sorry but I have to ask, why buy a Procharger@4K and up when the stock piston most likely wont handle the pounding (err temps) for long? Why not just have bought a GT to begin with? Yoiu aren't cheating the GAS gods ... Just curious, not being melicious or anything :-)
Old 09-30-2006, 02:32 AM
steve_stang
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ThePointman

Sorry but I have to ask, why buy a Procharger@4K and up when the stock piston most likely wont handle the pounding (err temps) for long? Why not just have bought a GT to begin with? Yoiu aren't cheating the GAS gods ... Just curious, not being melicious or anything :-)
Insurance, gas, Initial cost, fun, excitement, having something not many people have.
Telling people they just got whooped by a v-6...priceless

Cheers
Old 09-30-2006, 02:38 AM
AmericanMade
3rd Gear Member

Insurance, gas, Initial cost, fun, excitement, having something not many people have.
Telling people they just got whooped by a v-6...priceless

Cheers
+1