Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Squeeky brakes

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2006, 12:47 AM
justanotherrs

Default Squeeky brakes

Anyone here have trouble with really loud and obnoxious brake squeel? Every morning I pull into the parking garage at work I have to try to avoid using the brakes because it is so embarassing to pull up in a nice new car only to have it sound like an old POS when you come to a stop. I've taken it into the dealer twice now and was told that Ford allows for some brake noise. It's gotten to the point where it squeeks almost all the time now when I brake, unless I brake really hard. Anyone had success getting the dealer to replace the pads or rotors under warranty? The pads look fine, they aren't down to the stop or anything. Is this an issue with bad brake pad material? Could I just replace the pads with aftermarket pads and fix this on my own? My car is a 5 speed, don't know if this has anything to do with it.
Old 10-08-2006, 12:57 AM
SparkYZ
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Squeeky brakes

Mine occasionally do this also. How many miles are on your car? Do you brake hard occasionally? Have you ridden the brakes for a decent amount of time?
Your tranny has nothing to do with it either. If it gets bad, try another dealer and if no luck , if it's that bad, go with another brake pad.
Old 10-08-2006, 01:46 AM
ilduce321
2nd Gear Member

I believe I've read a post or two about the stock brake pads crystalizing. Try a search on that, you may find something!
Old 10-08-2006, 04:25 AM
ricklmesa@cox.net
3rd Gear Member

There is a tsb, just go to the dealership and get it fixed.

TSB #05 - 18 - 10

I had mine done also.
Old 10-08-2006, 04:31 AM
ricklmesa@cox.net
3rd Gear Member

Here are some TSB's for 2005....

http://2005stang.com/viewtopic.php?t=1069
Old 10-08-2006, 04:39 AM
ricklmesa@cox.net
3rd Gear Member

Here are some for 2006 too.....

http://2005stang.com/viewtopic.php?t=2325
Old 10-08-2006, 04:42 AM
ricklmesa@cox.net
3rd Gear Member

Print those out and show your dealership and you should have no problems. lol
Old 10-08-2006, 03:48 PM
Furinox
4th Gear Member

the brakes will only be covered up to 18k miles. I have 24k on my car and it does it bad sometimes too. I'm thinking about upgrading to the gt brakes from saleen.
Old 10-08-2006, 06:25 PM
justanotherrs

Thanks guys! Nice to have all the TSB's in one place. Will definately take this to the dealer after I verify the build date. Car has about 22k miles but it's been doing this for the last 10k miles or so and I have it on record that it was taken in at that point so they shouldn't be able to deny it based on mileage. The reason I mentioned the manual tranny is because with stick cars I find that I don't use the brakes nearly as often and maybe that has something to do with the problem? A dealer told me once that I should try to go out on the back roads and hammer on the brakes but this doesn't seem to work for very long. Will take her into the dealer and see what happens. Thanks again!
Old 10-08-2006, 08:35 PM
torchred05V6mustang
1st Gear Member

ya my brakes always streak when i backed out on the downhill, i took it to the dealership twice to get it checked, they said they never heard it

so i got mad and i have to stick with those embarassing brakes, been that way since i got the car brand-new last year [:@][:@][:@][:@]

Quick Reply: Squeeky brakes