Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

'06 v6 Stang Vs. '02 Celica GT-S?

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2006, 07:41 PM
ricklmesa@cox.net
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: '06 v6 Stang Vs. '02 Celica GT-S?

LOL hell yea!! Don't get to cocky cause there is always bigger and better car wise and driver wise but you got or should have this one. Especially if your a manual. He probobly doesnt even maintain his car that well eather. Just changes his oil every 3 months prolly lol

With the tuner yes you can have your car tuned after each add on. Its good pretty much through out the modding of a car. The tuners really wake up the autos cuase the auto's shift a little more on the Buick Centrey side. U don't need to worry about shift points and pressure. I would get a CAI and tuner combo. I have a manual also and when I first got it I threw exhaust and an intake on. I finally bit the bullet and bought a tuner. I had to have mine thrown on the dyno ( which is a more accurate way in my opinion) to be tuned. Anyways I found out the intake was just leaning my car out! She needed a bit more fuel to compensate the extra little bit of air coming in from the new intake. Could have messed up my car in the long run meybe! What u might want to consider is a CAI & tuner combo. They will send you the intake and a tuner with a tune preloaded (AKA a canned tune) in it for what ever octane u use 87,91,93 ect. You let them know what octane you run and what mods you have done and they just preload a tune from a car who has similar mods and tweak it a bit. Its always better to get it done on the dyno because it is your car that is being monitered not someone elses, but a canned tune can hold you off untill u get more loot. You can also put the intake on your self. Then plug the tuner up under the steering wheel and load the tune. Thats pretty much it. Like 30 min at the most and u can do it your self. The tuner thing is a bit confusing but once you read a bit more about it you'll under stand.
ORIGINAL: StangNeWbieDJB

The SCT X-Cal2 seems to be the most popular tuner out there! everyone on here is an advicate for the mod! Question: once I get that tuner will I be able to tune any add ons I buy like CAI or exhaust? I'm pretty sure you need to retune the car after every mod but not to sure what retuning is? I'm so green to all of this!

As for the race there is a strip behind our building that is long enough... that's where I opened her up for the first time...if it doesn't rain it's on after work! He's already been making excuses like he knows I'm going to smoke him, like ..."If I had MT there wouldn't even be a point in racing" ...he's so going to get smoked!! I asked him today in front of our HOT receptionist how his fantasy "6 speed AT" was running! and told him when you wake up and realize there is only 4 speeds you'll be wishing you had my "Girly v6" BI-Atch!!

I need to control myself...this mustang is turning me into a monster!!!
Old 10-13-2006, 08:55 PM
Puerto Rico 4.6
3rd Gear Member

As far as i know the GT-s model only came with a 6 speed manual tranny only the GT (slower)model came with the 4speed auto. Iam 90 percent sure on this.... maybe he has a GT posing as a GTS.
Old 10-13-2006, 09:38 PM
powerProdigy
2nd Gear Member

It wont be close, ure ganna steam that rice!! Just hope he doent have one of these under the hood. that would be bad[:'(]

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/SPEED...QQcmdZViewItem
Old 10-14-2006, 12:36 AM
ricklmesa@cox.net
3rd Gear Member

If he beats him he should show him that little piggy back chip for his car lol
ORIGINAL: powerProdigy

It wont be close, ure ganna steam that rice!! Just hope he doent have one of these under the hood. that would be bad[:'(]

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/SPEED...QQcmdZViewItem
Old 10-14-2006, 12:50 AM
jericho73
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Puerto Rico 4.6

As far as i know the GT-s model only came with a 6 speed manual tranny only the GT (slower)model came with the 4speed auto. Iam 90 percent sure on this.... maybe he has a GT posing as a GTS.
Sorry, but you're wrong man. The GT-S came in the 4-sp auto...here's a sample of some Celica 1/4 times and the auto GTS is on there. It's just much, much, much slower then the 6 sp, and slower even then the 5-sp GT.

http://www.newcelica.org/other/tracktimes/page.php

I should say the auto was only available in NA, everywhere else the car was manual only as you said.
Old 10-14-2006, 02:53 AM
imbus
2nd Gear Member

ok i have first hand experience with one of these celica gts machines. it had neon underglow and all sorts of fancy gizmos, also the stock huge wing on the back. he pulls next to me and guns it. within about 5 seconds i was so far ahead of him i couldnt see him anymore. and im stock. that car is a joke i was gunna post the race but i didnt even bother. race him for money....lots of money
Old 10-14-2006, 06:06 AM
DragonPL
3rd Gear Member

Celica weighs 2500LBS but 180 hp, 130 ft-lbs FWD shouldint be a problem, I always thought that was a chick car, but thats a stupid assumption anyways, the only two GT500s I saw on the road were driven by chicks, one talking on a cell phone too hahaha
Old 10-14-2006, 01:49 PM
Puerto Rico 4.6
3rd Gear Member

Ok , thanks for clearing that up Jericho ....i guess the dealer down here only had the GTS in manual.
Old 10-16-2006, 02:47 PM
StangNeWbieDJB
2nd Gear Member

Hey all, thanks for all the input...We ended up racing after work on this strip we have behind our office and unfortunatly I didn't beat the GTS...

I DISTROYED IT!!!! No contest...off the line I was a half car ahead by the end I was about a car and a half ahead!!!

List of excuses:
The strip wasn't long enough
I have to wait for my power to kick in B/C I have AT
I heard a weird noise near the end
I think I might have a leak in my exhaust

Blah, Blah, Blah... C'mon...just say nice car! Sorry I doubted it and move on...

Bone Stock! 06 v6 5-speed eats stlightly modded Auto.Trans. 4 speed GTS....

I'm just happy I won my first race...
Old 10-17-2006, 12:45 AM
StoneWolf
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: StangNeWbieDJB

List of excuses:
The strip wasn't long enough
I have to wait for my power to kick in B/C I have AT
I heard a weird noise near the end
I think I might have a leak in my exhaust
LOL! Straight out of the ricer excuse handbook.

Quick Reply: '06 v6 Stang Vs. '02 Celica GT-S?