Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Need some spending advice please

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2006, 01:20 AM
ScreaminYellow
1st Gear Member

Default Need some spending advice please

I just found out this week that my Engineering position would be moved to Charlotte NC as of Nov 1st. I had the option to move or take the seperation package. I called a friend who is a manager for another firm and he has already hired me(effective Nov3rd)

Now to get to the good news, my fiance(the loving person she is and after hours of begging) has agreed that I can spend half of the 10k severance package on my stang.

This week I have already purchased a GT exhaust, pulley, 93 tune scheduled for this Monday, throttle spacer and 410 gears .

My question for you guys is what should I buy, performance wise? Take into account that I have only had the car a month and have made no mods (as of yet) to the suspension, tires, etc

So your advice on spending the 5k?

Many thanks
Old 10-13-2006, 01:30 AM
28HopUp
MF Administrator

Default RE: Need some spending advice please

If you're having 4.10's put in, don't forget to have a Limited Slip Differential (LSD) done at the same time.
Old 10-13-2006, 01:34 AM
ScreaminYellow
1st Gear Member

On the limited slip differntial what do I need to buy? I called the place that is doing my dyno on Monday and asked if they would install the gears if I bought them. They said they could but there is a lot of junk out there that makes to much noise, etc and would prefer I buy from one of their reputable vendors

They said $250 to install them and $200 for the gears.
Old 10-13-2006, 03:27 AM
HurricaneStang
4th Gear Member

The lsd shouldnt need any other parts then the one you buy (t-lok or truetrac) and $250 sounds decent for install, heard other peoploe payed alot more like $400 somewhere. Happy shopping!

P.S. Sadfully if i were you i wouldntve spent the money on the throttle body spacer, u dont really pick up any gains.
Old 10-13-2006, 03:36 AM
ScreaminYellow
1st Gear Member

Well in regards to the spacer I got a little spend happy when I bought the car. Went on EBAY and started shopping for any HP gains. Someone had recomended I get the spacer but apparently it isnt much of an add on.

Yes I thought the $250 was fair as well for the gear installation. I called anothervplace and they said it was 6 hours at $65/hr to do it. I think they are FOS
Old 10-13-2006, 07:30 AM
Puleo76
3rd Gear Member

man, i woulda went w/ forced induction
Old 10-13-2006, 07:59 AM
Dats1NiceMustang
2nd Gear Member

Yeah should of looked into supercharging or turbocharging all the other stuff is 200 here 200 there but F/I is the biggest expense, but hey it's your money .........also where you getting dyno'd at, just asking?

By the way have fun in Charlotte N.C. I'm from Greensboro N.C..........also Charlotte has a VERY bad crime rate I would check into getting a car alarm from what I hear their car theft is very high, but not to scare you are anything, its like anywhere else has it's good parts and bad parts..........plus if you have a stick than you usually have nothing to worry about, most people won't steal a stick
Old 10-13-2006, 04:20 PM
ScreaminYellow
1st Gear Member

Dats1NiceMustang:

I am getting dyno'd at MD Motorsports in Cincinnati. They are suppose to be the best perormance speed shop in this area

Here is their website

http://www.modulardepot.com/

I actually didnt take the job in Charlotte, thats why I have the severance. It works out pretty well, I got a slight raise, didnt miss anytime off and was given a nice seperation package.

Kind of ironic because the other day we were going through our bills and I was like "man I am never going to have the $$$ to do all the things I want"

BTW explain the concept of FI to me please(what I need, and how much)

Thanks
Old 10-13-2006, 05:33 PM
Dats1NiceMustang
2nd Gear Member

Anywhere from $4,000 to $5,000. You can go with vortech, X-charger, or powerhouse turbo for a good daily driver I would go with the X-charger myself, but for the best track times turbo is the way to go
Old 10-13-2006, 09:55 PM
ScreaminYellow
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Dats1NiceMustang

Anywhere from $4,000 to $5,000. You can go with vortech, X-charger, or powerhouse turbo for a good daily driver I would go with the X-charger myself, but for the best track times turbo is the way to go
Now what will I need to change out? I obviously need to get rid of the factory tires but what about other suspencion components?

Quick Reply: Need some spending advice please