Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Maybe it's time to get S/C'd???

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2006, 05:18 PM
slowryde45
1st Gear Member

Default Maybe it's time to get S/C'd???

We went to watch the races Saturday night at the track. I had no intentions of running my car at all, wasn't prepped for it, and wasn't in the mood. But after listening to someone running their mouths for a while...well, you know how that goes.

Looking back, I should have just ignored it all and watched. But there's that little thing called "pride" that gets in the way at times. This time...I stuck up for it, but got my tail handed to me by a loud-mouthed "daddy's girl" running a Scion of all things.

I figured, no problems, aired down the rear tires, and felt pretty good about it. Air was cool, in the low 60's, humidity up, a perfect set up right? WRONG!!! Even though I ran a solid 14.63, she ran 13.92 and her mouth the rest of the night. If she were a guy, I, and everyone else there would have been tempted to see if my size 12's would have fit it.

One of the other mustang drivers there came up to console me, by letting me know that her car was one of the s/c'ed Scions, and supposedly was modded quite a bit with all the goodies from TRD, and possibly gas. Whatever she had, I had her by a car length and a half, until about half track, then watched her fly by like I was going backwards.

I can take the loss with grace, but listening to her mouth afterwards was a bit too much. Even my wife was tempted to shut her up. But...I thanked her and a few of the others there that helped me out, and excused myself....grumbling and mumbling all the way home - lol. Oh well, can't win them all.
Old 10-18-2006, 09:01 PM
yur1279
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Maybe it's time to get S/C'd???

hey, I dunno what mods you have but if you have simple bolt on's those are great #'s. That Scion was def modden ALOT so don't worry about it.
Old 10-18-2006, 09:18 PM
Rnstanger
2nd Gear Member

Equal mods you would have blown her away I'm sure.
Old 10-18-2006, 09:55 PM
ricklmesa@cox.net
3rd Gear Member

Yea I wouldn't even trip man. There is always bigger and better or smaller and better however ya want to look at it. U can have a viper thats does 10, 11's all day. Then you get some one like fazm who has or had a trans am with a twinturbo on top of a built motor that went through 2 or 3 trannys and is on his 3rd or 4th that pulls 8,9's and make the your $80,000 viper look like a corn snake! lol If you where running the same amount of boost as her with some other mods you would have been right there with her. She shouldn't have ran her mouth though, thats not very sportsman like.
Old 10-18-2006, 09:59 PM
ricklmesa@cox.net
3rd Gear Member

oh and a 14.6!!! is a great time too man. The best I could do NA was 15.1 The best I can do now with 6psi (by the way I hit 7psi in 3rd the other day but I went a little over redline [:@]) is a 14.31 at 99mph [:'(] and thats with a blower!! lol. Your kickin *** man for not having any FI.
Old 10-18-2006, 10:27 PM
Rnstanger
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ricklmesa@***.net
Then you get some one like fazm who has or had a trans am with a twinturbo on top of a built motor that went through 2 or 3 trannys and is on his 3rd or 4th that pulls 8,9's and make the your $80,000 viper look like a corn snake!
LOL
Old 10-19-2006, 12:45 AM
fazm
5th Gear Member

only race i lost in that trans am was against a 6 second nova lol (well he said 6s) he ran a 7.3 to my 9.5 lol it was pretty emberassing. But he was on true slicks while i was on 355wide drag radials.

but ya 14.63 is really good man. ur probably in the top10 or so.
Old 10-19-2006, 12:46 AM
fazm
5th Gear Member

oh and 8.37 on slicks, and 9.7 on street tires (and numorous in between with different drag radials, wrinkle walls, etc etc)
Old 10-19-2006, 10:39 AM
v6VenoM
3rd Gear Member

I was looking into V6 S/C and saw that Procharger offers a Race II that boasts 400 + HP. Does anyone know if this is true?
Old 10-19-2006, 11:59 AM
Apoptosis
poptart tits

ORIGINAL: slowryde45

We went to watch the races Saturday night at the track. I had no intentions of running my car at all, wasn't prepped for it, and wasn't in the mood. But after listening to someone running their mouths for a while...well, you know how that goes.

Looking back, I should have just ignored it all and watched. But there's that little thing called "pride" that gets in the way at times. This time...I stuck up for it, but got my tail handed to me by a loud-mouthed "daddy's girl" running a Scion of all things.

I figured, no problems, aired down the rear tires, and felt pretty good about it. Air was cool, in the low 60's, humidity up, a perfect set up right? WRONG!!! Even though I ran a solid 14.63, she ran 13.92 and her mouth the rest of the night. If she were a guy, I, and everyone else there would have been tempted to see if my size 12's would have fit it.

One of the other mustang drivers there came up to console me, by letting me know that her car was one of the s/c'ed Scions, and supposedly was modded quite a bit with all the goodies from TRD, and possibly gas. Whatever she had, I had her by a car length and a half, until about half track, then watched her fly by like I was going backwards.

I can take the loss with grace, but listening to her mouth afterwards was a bit too much. Even my wife was tempted to shut her up. But...I thanked her and a few of the others there that helped me out, and excused myself....grumbling and mumbling all the way home - lol. Oh well, can't win them all.
I bet the Scion was turboed if you took it off the line like that, S/C would put you mid-high 13's easy.

G/L next time!

Quick Reply: Maybe it's time to get S/C'd???