Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Xcharger Driving Impressions

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2006, 09:06 PM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

Default Xcharger Driving Impressions

Well, there was more than just excitement at the track today, there was excitement on the street. Navbtcret let me take his Xcharged 4.0L for a test drive to the track. We are talking a full hour of driving, local and highways.

For local driving, this thing is great. I got on it a tad coming around a corner out of a parking lot, and I mean just a tad and I could feel it…INSTANTLY. The low end power of this kit is impressive.

For highway driving, it pulls hard…and keeps the power there. No, its not like a centri or turbo, but it does maintains power, driving it on the top end you can see why the power does not drop off.

Closing impressions are this is an extremely streetable kit. It feels 100% NA. It feels the most natural of FI systems out there, which is good if you let your other half drive the car. It nets solid times, and really feels like a stock car with more power. This is where I can see a lot of members wanting it.

Also, I think this thing will make an awesome bracket car. Because the power progression is so evened out and smooth, I can see extremely consistent times with this car.
Old 10-22-2006, 02:08 AM
shooterm1

Default RE: Xcharger Driving Impressions

So rygen /// will there ever be a group buy?[sm=burnout.gif]

[sm=hia.gif]
Old 10-22-2006, 02:12 AM
Black06stang
4th Gear Member

+1
Old 10-22-2006, 02:41 AM
afixer
5th Gear Member

here is the group buy

Old 10-22-2006, 09:57 PM
05BlackPony
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: afixer

here is the group buy

lol
That is awesome!

... I want to be in the group soon [&o]
Old 10-24-2006, 02:31 AM
Sick Six
2nd Gear Member

Hopefully one day soon, I'll be able to be an X man! [] Hopefully
I'll be let in.......
Old 10-24-2006, 12:02 PM
Trill Gear Head
4th Gear Member

hmmmmm...Wonder how much it would cost to get a custom aftercooler fabbed up for the X(Ha ha this thread got pwned by gash)
Old 10-24-2006, 02:11 PM
v6VenoM
3rd Gear Member

hey afixer I see you guys have that running horse emblem on the grille, with the center lights...i have that grille and I actually bought a grille emblem but cant seem to get it to latch on..which emblem did u buy and how did u get it on there? any help is appreciated. thanks

ORIGINAL: afixer

here is the group buy

Old 10-24-2006, 02:13 PM
v6VenoM
3rd Gear Member

rygen is there a site that I can look at this s/c at? and whats the 1/4 mile times for it and hp gains, etc..because i was looking at a procharger but if this one is better and its probably less money I will go with this one. thanks

ORIGINAL: rygenstormlocke

Well, there was more than just excitement at the track today, there was excitement on the street. Navbtcret let me take his Xcharged 4.0L for a test drive to the track. We are talking a full hour of driving, local and highways.

For local driving, this thing is great. I got on it a tad coming around a corner out of a parking lot, and I mean just a tad and I could feel it…INSTANTLY. The low end power of this kit is impressive.

For highway driving, it pulls hard…and keeps the power there. No, its not like a centri or turbo, but it does maintains power, driving it on the top end you can see why the power does not drop off.

Closing impressions are this is an extremely streetable kit. It feels 100% NA. It feels the most natural of FI systems out there, which is good if you let your other half drive the car. It nets solid times, and really feels like a stock car with more power. This is where I can see a lot of members wanting it.

Also, I think this thing will make an awesome bracket car. Because the power progression is so evened out and smooth, I can see extremely consistent times with this car.
Old 10-24-2006, 02:28 PM
scrming
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: v6VenoM

rygen is there a site that I can look at this s/c at? and whats the 1/4 mile times for it and hp gains, etc..because i was looking at a procharger but if this one is better and its probably less money I will go with this one. thanks

ORIGINAL: rygenstormlocke

I believe the best time out of the x-charger so far is 13.6... The X-Charger is more expensive... Here's their site: http://explorerexpresscom.nationprot...1b08429bcf7359

Quick Reply: Xcharger Driving Impressions