Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

First Accident

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2006, 12:41 AM
HurricaneStang
4th Gear Member

Default First Accident

So i went out to the movies earlier and went with 2 of my friends. My one friend wanted to drive my car but i wouldnt let him...Well now i wish i had let him drive.

We got out of the theater and went back to the car. I started backing out of my spot and ugh! I hit a dudes truck. Luckily i was creeping out otherwise it couldve been even more of a nightmare. His truck didnt get hurt because of his bumper guard but i wasnt so lucky. On the back right around the quarter panel, its the piece that is attached above where the bumper fits on, theres 2 penny sized chips, scratches and 4 dents. I seriously almost cried.

Now im wondering if anyone could tell me what they think this might cost to fix. The dents didnt crack the paint which im fortune of so im hoping they can just be popped out but as for the scratches and the chipping im not sure how to go about fixing it. Since the piece that got messed up is the one side part that carries from the back by the trunk to above the window trim is a big piece i hope that it doesnt all have to be replaced.

Any thoughts?........I still wanna cry
Old 10-23-2006, 12:45 AM
fazm
5th Gear Member

Default RE: First Accident

couldnt even give u a rough estimate without photos.

but you fix the quarter panel, u dont replace the whole thing.
Old 10-23-2006, 12:48 AM
HurricaneStang
4th Gear Member

Well i didnt know its like right where the bumper and other piece meet up at by the trunk where the 2 pieces meet. I dont have a camera otherwise i would post the pics. Since it seems to be just one piece i assumed it would all have to be fixed/repainted. Either way im gonna be workin my ace off to pay for it
Old 10-23-2006, 12:56 AM
Jerseyfury2
4th Gear Member

it's all good bro. I rear ended some jackass a month ago who didn't go when there was nobody on the on-ramp when we were in the merge lane. **** happens man. It gets me all twisted up too, but try not to let it bother you too much.
-Mike
Old 10-23-2006, 01:00 AM
HurricaneStang
4th Gear Member

I was gonna go get an estimate tomorrow, starting at the ford dealership, but im on a probation license still from my speeding ticket last year. My probation is over on wednesday so my dad said wait til wednesday and get off probation then take it in incase they tried to ticket me for the accident and take my license for it so i just have to wait 3 days til im gonna get it looked at. Shes gonna be parked in the garage the whole time....but in the mean time ill be driving my sis's camaro around, its not as much fun as my car but its still got alittle bit under the hood so it should hold me over until then.
Old 10-23-2006, 01:14 AM
beaustang
5th Gear Member

If there is paint damage you'll have to have the whole quarter panel painted and clear coated. Same **** happened to me passenger door, a small dent with a scratch that requires the whole door to be repainted. That was a $400 job thanks to some inconsiderate A-hole openein his door into me and not leaving a note. Hang in there and get several estimates.
Old 10-23-2006, 01:32 AM
HurricaneStang
4th Gear Member

Yep theres paint damage so im gonna be screwed. I work at burger king and get by making the car payment as it is....Do you guys know how many burger im gonna have to make to pay for this? Lol cracked a joke, just tryin to cheer up since its not a horrible thing but its just the first bad thing that happened to my poor 05 but thanks for the encouraging words.
Old 10-23-2006, 03:45 AM
Volcom66
2nd Gear Member

cheer up man! it could be alot worse! just be happy your ok and you were only hurt $wise. i just got my first accedent too... my paint is a messed up too... i got alot of burgers to flip as you would say! lol it will be cool man

[IMG]local://upfiles/20651/EF5F35673F4B4940B3D19D1E5DD7C65E.jpg[/IMG]
Old 10-23-2006, 03:50 AM
SparkYZ
2nd Gear Member

Oh my god Volcom....It makes me cry to see that....
Where in Cali are you?
Old 10-23-2006, 03:58 AM
petepete
5th Gear Member

dont take it to ford i had a hole in one of my seats one time and they told me 600 dollars just to replace the little square of fabric. Took it somewhere else and got it done for 135 and got some extra fabric to go with it. Can never tell thats not the orignal cloth o_O

Quick Reply: First Accident