Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

2 problems

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2006, 09:05 PM
petepete
5th Gear Member

Default RE: 2 problems

ORIGINAL: Jerseyfury2

im thinkin its just the oil burnin off....that's crazy the oil fill cracking....

yea pretty weird
Old 10-31-2006, 12:40 AM
petepete
5th Gear Member

had the car looked at by one of the performance shops near me and everything seems to be fine. They cant find anything wrong in the drivetrain. They said the misfiring looks to be caused by weak coil packs are wearing out due to boost. The smell could not be located though. They think maybe something like a bag or something flew up under the car somewhere and said if it smells for more than 2 more weeks it could be something to do with how the exhaust is installed since i just switched to magna flows. As for that oil thing seems like the part to replace is cheap but the way it is in the engine bay the labor from dealer or whoever is gonna be tons and tons of money to the point its not worth it since its not a bad thing. Somehow i want to seal the outside and then melt the sealant to get the tubing bak together. Not sure how thats gonna go. Just wanted to give an update. Ill let you guys know how the oil thing progresses. They couldnt find a cause for it other than when i had it at stillen get the supercharger reinstalled they may have put a small crack in it and now it is growing so if i can somehow prove it was them ill just have them replace the part at their store.
Old 10-31-2006, 01:12 AM
Jerseyfury2
4th Gear Member

i forget if that piece is plastic or metal but im guessing its metal from here. I'd just solder it pretty good, then calk it, then electrical tape, then heat tape....hey that's me though lol...probably a LITTLE overkill haha
Old 10-31-2006, 01:17 AM
petepete
5th Gear Member

yea its plastic but i was thinking a saudering kit should melt it together just not sure if thats gonna set the car on fire lol
Old 10-31-2006, 01:23 AM
Jerseyfury2
4th Gear Member

lol yea i'd watch that..usually if you try to melt plastic like that together its gonna collapse that tube...you know how like when you hold a ligther to a water bottle, same type of effect i'm pretty sure....wouldn't really risk that. With the plastic though i'd just calk it, wrap it in electrical tape and then wrap it in some heat tape. If they got tape you can directly wrap a header in then im sure they got something so that ur car wont catch on fire lol
-Mike
Old 10-31-2006, 01:36 AM
petepete
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Jerseyfury2

lol yea i'd watch that..usually if you try to melt plastic like that together its gonna collapse that tube...you know how like when you hold a ligther to a water bottle, same type of effect i'm pretty sure....wouldn't really risk that. With the plastic though i'd just calk it, wrap it in electrical tape and then wrap it in some heat tape. If they got tape you can directly wrap a header in then im sure they got something so that ur car wont catch on fire lol
-Mike
yea gonna head to an auto store tommorrow and see if they can find the right tape for me thats probably the best bet
Old 10-31-2006, 12:09 PM
A_Sixer
2nd Gear Member

Pete,

The plastic can be fixed by ordinary epoxy pastic to plastic glue...... Make sure is solvent resistant.....usuallly located at the paint department of Home Depot or Lowes.

The smell could be something melted over the cat or exhaust.....or oil leaking onto the headers area....

Before you do pay money to have the click and missfire looked at do yourself a favor a pull the plugs...... check for closed or deformed/burned ground straps on the plugs.....

if plugs are ok then take it in for a proffessional view...... Be very carefull removing the plugs the socket is aluminun and can easily crossthread..... make sure when replacing the plugs you do it by hand...no socket ...until you screw it in place correctly.....

Good Luck
Old 11-01-2006, 01:30 PM
workshop4ever
2nd Gear Member

When I was a kid my parents had a nice Chevy K-5 Blazer with a lift-kit and nice off-road tires. We were driving one day and ran over a plastic bag. The bag got caught to one of the cats, and god did that thing smell for weeks!!! It is possible you caught something under and it will go away, but I'd say if it stays much longer bring it in again.