Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

2 problems

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2006, 08:09 PM
petepete
5th Gear Member

Default 2 problems

First pronlem not soo bad. Went to get my oil changed and the part where you put the oil in has split. I put a clamp around it and it seems tobe fine just wondering if anyone knows some sealant i can use to close it because seems liek its gonna be hard to replace the whole part. I made a picture of what it looks like dotn have a camera with me but you can get the idea

2nd problem could be bad
After driving around for a little while it starts to smell like burning plastic. twice i have seen smoke. once it came out from the hood. The second time i had the hood popped up to try and find if something really was melting or what and saw a smoke also made a pic of where i saw it from. No clue what it is but my buddy said when he had a problem with the head gasket it smelled like that. Instaly i thought of rygens car and he said it bogged so i dont think it was that. Any ideas?

pt where smoke is

Old 10-25-2006, 08:14 PM
ricklmesa@cox.net
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: 2 problems

Wow how did your oil fill get cracked? It might be slightly leaking and that might be whats burning up too.
Old 10-25-2006, 08:19 PM
petepete
5th Gear Member

yea i was thinking that too but i have no clue how it cracked
Old 10-25-2006, 09:01 PM
SparkYZ
2nd Gear Member

My guess is that problem number 1 is causing problem number two.
Do you know what burned oil smells like?
What color is the smoke?
You may be dripping oil onto your exhaust, which would then burn.
Does the smoke have a slight bluish tint to it? If so, that's oil.
I would get the oil fill fixed.
Old 10-25-2006, 09:19 PM
petepete
5th Gear Member

yea taking it in for the oil thing monday the smoke is whiteish though id unno if thats blush
Old 10-25-2006, 09:56 PM
SparkYZ
2nd Gear Member

It can be whitish sometimes too..Just get it looked at!
Old 10-26-2006, 07:42 PM
petepete
5th Gear Member

did some more data logging on a small drive during lunch. Noticed it misfires sometimes during accelerating from a light. It doesnt misfire at wot is the weird thing. Also is just having some rndom misfires. Wish i had the computer link to upload my data logs. Also is idling 212 degrees which is probably normal. Anyways taking it in on monday just trying to figure out what it could be before i take it in.

edit: forgot one thing the engine is doing a fast click click click sound. Ive had it for a while but never found any problem with it before. But the clicking has seemed to grow louder and faster now that i am having this problem. I think i made a post click not compressor a long time ago. This for sure is not the air compressor. Any ideas what can make itclick pretty sure its not any belts or anything also

Edit: 1 moe thign the car feels like it is running fine. Its just the random puff of smoke and the plastic fire smell that is bothering me
Old 10-26-2006, 08:05 PM
scrming
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: petepete

did some more data logging on a small drive during lunch. Noticed it misfires sometimes during accelerating from a light. It doesnt misfire at wot is the weird thing. Also is just having some rndom misfires. Wish i had the computer link to upload my data logs. Also is idling 212 degrees which is probably normal. Anyways taking it in on monday just trying to figure out what it could be before i take it in.

edit: forgot one thing the engine is doing a fast click click click sound. Ive had it for a while but never found any problem with it before. But the clicking has seemed to grow louder and faster now that i am having this problem. I think i made a post click not compressor a long time ago. This for sure is not the air compressor. Any ideas what can make itclick pretty sure its not any belts or anything also

Edit: 1 moe thign the car feels like it is running fine. Its just the random puff of smoke and the plastic fire smell that is bothering me
Well.. there was one guy in here that had a problem with cam followers... car would miss at idle but be ok with a load... hmmmm...
Old 10-26-2006, 08:35 PM
Jerseyfury2
4th Gear Member

im thinkin its just the oil burnin off....that's crazy the oil fill cracking....
Old 10-26-2006, 09:05 PM
petepete
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: scrming

ORIGINAL: petepete

Well.. there was one guy in here that had a problem with cam followers... car would miss at idle but be ok with a load... hmmmm...
do you know what he did to fix it?

Quick Reply: 2 problems