Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

procharger question

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2006, 02:35 AM
bennihill
2nd Gear Member

Default procharger question

my girlfriend wants to get me a gt for christmas and i want one too but what is the maximum hp limit on ours? plus if i decide just to s/c mine what is the maximum hp i can get out of this? and the externally mounted s/c (the ones that look like turbos), is the psi adjustable by changing the pulley like the twin screws for the gts?

any info would be greatly appreciated cause i wanna get a gt but i also want to keep my sixer. i love this thing. thanks guys.
Old 10-30-2006, 02:41 AM
fazm
5th Gear Member

Default RE: procharger question

nobody really knows the max, its diff for every car, some blow earlier than others, just depends on the tune.

they are called centrifigul superchargers.
yes changing the pulley changes the boost.

Yes, a s/c 6 will be quicker than a stock gt. but if you want a gt, get a gt, dont regret any decision. think it through.

ill be probably around 360rwhp with my v6 before i upgrade the internals.
Old 10-30-2006, 10:05 AM
bennihill
2nd Gear Member

thanks man, i love my car and i have so many memories already in it. plus the customizations i have done to it make it a unique car and i love that; plus the looks and compliments on my car. i'm deciding on keeping my six. i was gonna trade it in and she was going to pay the difference since i already own my car but i think i'll just take the money and max this beast out.

i noticed they only have one s/c system that i can find for the v6. guess that'll have to do.

fazm, 360 rwhp before you change the internals? does that mean that the quality of our engines is less than the gt? cause i mean if they are built the same (just with two less cylinders), they should be able to hold the same horsepower right (internally speaking)? unless they put a weaker crank, rods, pistons, etc. in our cars.

cause i was doing research about how much power the gt can hold without changing internals and 99% of people said 450-500 to be safe.

also, does it take less horsepower to go the same speed as the gt's? cause rygen is only running 10.5 psi and he is running mid-low 12's (and a stock gt's best time i've seen so far is a 13.5 1/4 mile). i'm just looking for speed here. i don't care how much horsepower i have, i just wanna go fast. most likely low 11's or high 10's.

once again thanks for the info fazm.

Old 10-30-2006, 10:14 AM
jerseystang07
4th Gear Member

Check Vortech or go to shopshelby.com and look for the cs6 supercharger by Paxton Novi. They are both centrifugal so you know.
Old 10-30-2006, 10:36 AM
bennihill
2nd Gear Member

thanks jersey, exactly what i was looking for. the shelby s/c has only 9 psi with a 350 hp output. not too bad. and only 4,500 dollars. not bad at all.
Old 10-30-2006, 10:39 AM
jerseystang07
4th Gear Member

Glad I could help. Now can you tell me the website or something where I can find info on an XCharger?
Old 10-30-2006, 12:38 PM
bennihill
2nd Gear Member

supposedly this info is up to date on this thread. i trust it cause rygen led me here and i don't think he would steer anyone wrong. enjoy any info you can man.

http://american-speed.com/collective...read.php?t=167
Old 10-30-2006, 01:03 PM
fazm
5th Gear Member

350hp @9psi for the paxton, is flywheel rating, which is just about where procharger sits, and just slightly more than vortech.
Old 10-30-2006, 02:05 PM
jerseystang07
4th Gear Member

Yeah, I definately trust Rygen when it comes to 4.0 matters. He sent me this link also. He suggested a turbocharger because it causes less strain on the engine, but I really like the XCharger at this point.
Old 10-30-2006, 03:27 PM
LX200
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: jerseystang07

Glad I could help. Now can you tell me the website or something where I can find info on an XCharger?
http://www.explorerexpress.com

Click on products to see the Mustang stuff

Quick Reply: procharger question