Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Winter Tire and Rim Question

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2006, 01:14 AM
CalgaryPony

Default RE: Winter Tire and Rim Question

ORIGINAL: Erdrickk

ORIGINAL: CalgaryPony

Hey everybody...I live in Calgary, Alberta (Canada) and there's already snow on the ground, I'm kinda in a hurry to get some winter tires and rims put on but some of the prices have been rediculous, like 2Gs WTF? Anyway, I have the pony package with 17's but I'm planning on getting a smaller set of black steel winter rims anyway, and obviously smaller tires are less expensive but 1 tire place was saying that I had to get 17 inch winter rims because 15's or 16's wouldn't fit right? I figured that since the stock base V6 comes with 16's couldn't I get a set of 16 inch winter rims and some winter 215/65 R16s since they come on the base stang? Can you guys give me some advice? Thanks.
I am from Calgary as well and I have been calling around for snow tires.

Call Kaltire, they have these tires that fit the Bullit rims Called Nokian WR's 235/55/17 They are $1050.00 for a set of 4 installed and balanced. I was told they kick *** in the snow, summer, rain and generally all year round. They are like a Hybrid All season / True snow tire...They are even certified.

Other than that...I called around like Canadian Tire, fountain Tire etc.. and all their prices were ****ing stupid.

Canadian Tire has winter rims for $80.00 Each...but I plan just to keep my Bullits on and clean them a few times a week

Actually at Canadian Tire you can get 4 16" steel winter rims and 4 Goodyear Nordic winter tires installed for a total of 832$. I know that these are not a top of the line winter tire like a Blizzak or LM3 but I don't really feel the need to spend 2000$ on snow tires, its not like I'm planning on doing any real storm driving I just need something to get me to work in a bit of snow. Anyway, I thought that was a decent price, thought I'd let you know.
Old 11-02-2006, 01:19 AM
CalgaryPony

ORIGINAL: Jerseyfury2

[sm=funnypostabove.gif]

....lol...am i missing something there?

EDIT- bah you bastard u fixed it lol

I just meant our cars aren't too bad in the snow (we got a bit of a storm this past weekend) and I haven't had too many problems yet ... but in parking lots it is easy to see what happens when you really step on the gas as the back end flies out....and there will probably be snow on the ground here pretty much until april
Old 11-05-2006, 12:12 PM
1sttime

Did you try Costco. They seem to be cheaper in tire prices. I live in Lethbridge and have driven through the snow and ice. I actually enjoy going back to rwd after 5 years of fwd. If there is to much snow though, I'll take the truck as I want to save the car lol. Plus we have that hillwhich if icy can be a b**ch.