Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Intake-finally worked

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2006, 07:16 PM
Jerseyfury2
4th Gear Member

Default Intake-finally worked

Okay, I know you all are tired of my DIY air intake setups lol but this one finally worked. I chopped the stock MAF housing off the stock airboot so now it's just like an older mustang with the MAF sensor in its original housing. So i clamped a high flow filter onto the end and wala, it works, no CEL! I don't see how it would be fooling the motor either, it's getting a proper reading...i'm pretty sure.
-Mike
Old 11-23-2006, 07:23 PM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

Default RE: Intake-finally worked

Cool, did you data log it?
Old 11-23-2006, 07:36 PM
Jerseyfury2
4th Gear Member

no....heh. I mean, i'm pretty sure that if it's in the stock MAF housing and you just add a filter it will be fine. I mean, I can't think of any reason besides placement that it wouldn't be getting a proper reading and even then it shouldn't be very far off. I mean Ford racing keeps the stock tubing and uses a VERY similar setup from what i've seen. I mean, I know they're drag pack doesn't even come with a tuner so I think i'm set!

EDIT-the car is running fine, no sputtering, no choking, nothing
Old 11-23-2006, 10:10 PM
Black06stang
4th Gear Member

Any pics?
Old 11-24-2006, 12:02 AM
Jerseyfury2
4th Gear Member

will once it stops raining! [:@]
Old 11-24-2006, 12:36 AM
Puerto Rico 4.6
3rd Gear Member

Fords drag pack does come with a tuner and a specific tune ..here is the link http://www.fordracingparts.com/parts...tKeyField=8987

Good Luck with the intake.
Old 11-24-2006, 04:17 AM
Jerseyfury2
4th Gear Member

the tuner for that actually is just for the speedometer. It doesn't include a computer tuner....call jeg's or any company that sells it and ask[sm=chairshot.gif]
ORIGINAL: Puerto Rico 4.6

Fords drag pack does come with a tuner and a specific tune ..here is the link http://www.fordracingparts.com/parts...tKeyField=8987

Good Luck with the intake.
Old 11-24-2006, 04:40 AM
Ant69
2nd Gear Member

Without a computer flash wouldn't the computer just compensate for the extra air. I mean it seems to me that by freeing up the air flow and not changing the MAF position, or temp in the tube you would get better fuel economy at the very least. As long as the air flow stays within the allowable settings the computer should just work, right?
Old 11-24-2006, 06:20 PM
Puerto Rico 4.6
3rd Gear Member

That is not correct Jersy.....the flash tool is similar to the xcal1 and it does make changes in the spark table and maf transfer function ..that is why it requieres Premium fuel only ...... big companys just want to sell you stuff you dont need ..most of the times they dont know too much on even the parts they sell ...much less your car. But thats ok ..i will keep my advice to myself from now on since you obviously dont need it. Good Luck with your car.
Old 11-24-2006, 06:59 PM
Jerseyfury2
4th Gear Member

well that's what i was told from jeg's so that's what i'm going on in my comment. Sorry if you took it offensively.
ORIGINAL: Puerto Rico 4.6

That is not correct Jersy.....the flash tool is similar to the xcal1 and it does make changes in the spark table and maf transfer function ..that is why it requieres Premium fuel only ...... big companys just want to sell you stuff you dont need ..most of the times they dont know too much on even the parts they sell ...much less your car. But thats ok ..i will keep my advice to myself from now on since you obviously dont need it. Good Luck with your car.

Quick Reply: Intake-finally worked