Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

BMR V6 Strut Tower Brace...

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2006, 02:00 PM
scrming
5th Gear Member

Default RE: BMR V6 Strut Tower Brace...

Is that actually touching the plenum??? With our motor mounts our motors rock from side to side pretty good... hmmm....
Old 12-25-2006, 02:24 PM
4LITER6
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: scrming

Is that actually touching the plenum??? With our motor mounts our motors rock from side to side pretty good... hmmm....
Hey scrming,
There is roughly a 1/2" gap anywhere the plenum comes near..................it is close, but no cigar.....nice piece!!!

Old 12-25-2006, 02:42 PM
scrming
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 4LITER6

ORIGINAL: scrming

Hey scrming,
There is roughly a 1/2" gap anywhere the plenum comes near..................it is close, but no cigar.....nice piece!!!

Very cool... just might have to put that guy on my wish list! LOL!
Old 12-25-2006, 03:07 PM
4LITER6
3rd Gear Member

Hey scrming,
Would have been a nice fatstocking stuffer...........if you return all the clothes and gift cards you rec'vd for x-mas you will be in the ballpark........homerun!!!

Cheers!!!

[sm=itsok.gif]
Old 12-25-2006, 03:41 PM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

Wow, looks good. You posted it handles much tighter now. Is that in cobmination with the sways or do you notice a real change after the sways?
Old 12-25-2006, 05:03 PM
beaustang
5th Gear Member

I don't have the strut brace but I do have the Hellwig rear and the GT front sways and they made a BIG difference. I'd be curious how the brace would affect handling above and beyond the sways (and Eibachs).
Old 12-25-2006, 05:06 PM
4LITER6
3rd Gear Member

Hello rygenstormlocke,
My ride is not a daily driver, after I bolted in the take off sways, it made a great difference in body roll and handling, I did not drive the it before the BMR brace..............but it really seems alot tighter in handling from when I purchased my ride..........I have a vert..........seeming $89.00 sways and $129.00 for the brace it is a great improvement for the $$$...............sure we can always find better parts or what someone would say it is better a part or parts?, but it all comes down to what you can afford and what your ride will used for.....................for me the take off thing is the way to go..............next 8.8, 373's and LCA's................If I were well off, I would have just bought a 281 Extreme.......but, I love my V6 ride, bought for the convertible value..........living in So. Cal........
In the 70's it was 67 GTA with Tunnel Port 427 side oiler.............and 69 Mach 1, now it's a 06 vert beach cruiser with light mods..................in the 70's Orange County Raceway was really happening!!!
Anyway the BMR brace was worth the $$$........Please continue on with the Holiday!!!

Party on!!!

Cheers!!

P.S. The Mod thing is like an old drug habit which I have relapsed.............12 step program anyone? Love it!!!

[sm=badbadbad.gif]

Old 12-25-2006, 09:03 PM
Sniper308
2nd Gear Member

If you put on a Midwest plenum cover, let us know how it fits. I'd go with the BMG STB if it would let me put on the cover.
Old 12-27-2006, 01:50 AM
cstigger04
2nd Gear Member

OK here is a question why can't we use the GT's bar? Does the V-6 sit higher, seems to me that bar is real close....I love the bar and the engine cover....both are future MODs for me after GT bars...
Old 12-27-2006, 02:17 AM
4LITER6
3rd Gear Member

You might want to check Granatelli Motor Sports.............they offer double braces for V6 and GT......

http://www.granatellimotorsports.com...strutbrace.htm

The BMR won't fit with plenum cover.................from what I can see...............if you see what beaustang has in the beginning of this thread you will find out more...............or try Granatelli Motors Sports.....

Cheers!!

EDIT: fixed bad link - 28HopUp

Quick Reply: BMR V6 Strut Tower Brace...