Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

MRT REAR WINDOW LOUVERS

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2006, 02:38 PM
AmericanMade
3rd Gear Member

Default MRT REAR WINDOW LOUVERS

I'm in the middle of installing these MRT Rear Window louvers right now and it says that I need to leave the louvers off for a day so that the 3M tape cures... Do I REALLY need to leave them off? Because I don't remember reading this on Scrming's website and I know he has them. Thanks guys!
Old 12-26-2006, 03:31 PM
scrming
5th Gear Member

Default RE: MRT REAR WINDOW LOUVERS

Hmmm.... I would say you don't have to wait a day....

Key factor:

1) make sure glass is EXTRA CLEAN!
2) Hopefully it's WARM where you are... don't do the install if it's to cold... Not sure what the cut off is but I would say above 50... I realize you already have the tape part installed...

Looking forward to seeing some pics!
Old 12-27-2006, 01:03 AM
AmericanMade
3rd Gear Member

Yeah it was about 65 degrees while I was putting the taped parts on but we didn't get the hardware for it yet lol. I talked to Richie, I believe, from MRT-Direct and he told me that they're shipped out seperately so I'm waiting on those. I was hoping you replied because I know you got them and have had lots of experience with MRT. As soon as I get them on I'm going to get pics I also got painted louvers and a CDC Chin spoiler which looks awesome! I installed them today! Can't wait for the hardware for the rear window louvers they're going to look AWESOME! Thanks again man!
Old 12-28-2006, 06:03 AM
ScreaminYellow
1st Gear Member

I had mine put on in an hour at Ford and they have been fine

I take them off every other car wash to get the crap off the windows and the plates they screw into seem to be fine

Not sure why you would have to wait

Old 12-28-2006, 11:08 AM
AmericanMade
3rd Gear Member

Sweet! Yeah the instructions say to wait a day before putting the louvers on but I kind of have to since I don't have the hardware yet lol. But I appreciate the help from you guys, thanks a lot!
Old 12-29-2006, 12:25 AM
cstigger04
2nd Gear Member

Scrming, don't you have the rear window louver? I was checking out MTR but the ones they offer are plastic and I was looking for the metal ones. Any advise?
Old 12-29-2006, 12:35 AM
Justin_R
5th Gear Member

I dont think these are plastic, http://www.mrt-direct.com/2005/Pages/louvers.phpare they?
Old 12-29-2006, 12:41 AM
AmericanMade
3rd Gear Member

Yeah I got the ones from MRT-Direct and they're metal. They're powder coated black and they're difinitely metal. I have everything installed except for the louver itself because the hardware kit hasn't showed up yet for the bottom part to hold the louver down. So I have the rear window lovers sitting in my dining room lol.
Old 12-29-2006, 07:20 AM
scrming
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: cstigger04

Scrming, don't you have the rear window louver? I was checking out MTR but the ones they offer are plastic and I was looking for the metal ones. Any advise?
Yep, as other have pointed out the MRT's are metal...
Old 12-29-2006, 11:56 PM
thoward40

I have the MRT louvers and I recommend waiting he 24 hours. I followed the instructions word for word and still had a problem a month later with one of the pads. I fixed it by applying some glue I got from Home Depot.

Quick Reply: MRT REAR WINDOW LOUVERS