Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Going duals shortly - magnas or flows

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2007, 10:37 PM
Sick Six
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Going duals shortly - magnas or flows

Yeah sure I'd love a clip. That'd be cool.
Don't worry about the car being dirty.....mine
is too due to the muddy texas winter. Lol....so yeah
send that sound clip myway bro.
Old 01-03-2007, 10:38 PM
JesseMustang

Let me thrpw some slippers on, send your email address to LocoSamurai@msn.com and I will send you a clip
Old 01-03-2007, 11:48 PM
AmericanMade
3rd Gear Member

Hmm... I don't know what sounds better on a V6 but I know on a V8, most guys I've talked to go Flowmaster. I heard Magnaflows on a 2003 Mach 1 and I wasn't very impressed, then I heard Flowmaster 40's on a GT and holy cow... Magnaflow's pipes are diffinitely the best of the best though but if I had the money and a V8 I would probably go Borla lol. Just my opinion. One thing about Flows though, is that they sound better as a mid muffler rather than in the back like on our cars. I'd like to hear you clip of the magnaflows too though please
Old 01-04-2007, 07:11 PM
phunnyguy
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: jerseystang07

ORIGINAL: nonstopred

jersey, hows ur at? you put it on yet?
Not yet My mom and dad won't let me because they say "you are already too much of a target to cops, why do you need to be a louder target?" It's like this basically, louder = better and better = happier and happier = louder. It's all relative...lol. I don't know why they would even let me buy a muffler if they wouldn't let me put it on yet. I know it sounds horrible, but it will be on by summer which can't come soon enough I want it on tog o to the beach and before I go away to college when I won't be able to drive for a long time because I will most likely be living in the city.
explain to your parent that the louder is actually a good thing in that people will hear you befor ethey see you...i have had this happen and its good in that the other drivers (much like ona motorcycle) are aware of you and watching the road a little more attentively than normal...as far as it making you a target for cops, well the mustang itself has already accomplished that, so i dont see the difference, if anything from a practical standpoint i think its good to be heard b4 your seen this makes other drivers perk up become more aware of thier surroundings, thus they are kinda looking out for you....also remember that if your not hot ******* the cops arent going to bother you.....just be patient and rationalize with your parents the fact that the louder sound actually is a good thing when your on the road for the reasons i stated above....and yes i have dual magnaflows and most 4.0 guys when they hear them love em and almost always say that they will be getting them for their baybe.......
Old 01-04-2007, 10:47 PM
Sevalley
1st Gear Member

yes, I heard phunnys dual magnaflows and got them for myself also. I am very happy with the sound and performance boost of the magnas. I have not seen dual flows in person, so I can't comment, but I am sure they are great too. I would honestly go with whichever one you can find a better deal on. I got my magnas off ebay for really cheap and installed them mystelf.
Old 01-04-2007, 11:48 PM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

I've had both dual magnaflows and flowmasters on my car with an X pipe. I prefer the flowmasters. There are clips of both on my web site.
Old 01-05-2007, 12:03 AM
AmericanMade
3rd Gear Member

Magna's have amazing pipes and they're just badass in general. I think it's pretty much based off of personal preference... just like when you're trying to decide between the color of your car or which body mods to get.