Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

X-Charger and boost questions

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2007, 02:40 PM
afixer
5th Gear Member

Default RE: X-Charger and boost questions

thanks kraz ! you ruined my secret santa gift [&o]

ha just kidding. . it is a very cool item thanks again paul !
Old 01-14-2007, 04:43 PM
Torch_Vert
5th Gear Member

Krazer, Yeah, that's the same guys on the eBay listing.

Old 01-16-2007, 09:48 PM
Krazer
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Torch_Vert

Krazer, Yeah, that's the same guys on the eBay listing.

Ok thanks hey couple questions do you know anyone carrying nice valve covers for our cars?

One more thing did you ever think about or talk to Dave is possible Dave could get the blower in a high polish?
I really like it the way it looks now but just curious.
Old 01-16-2007, 10:14 PM
beaustang
5th Gear Member

Yeah, I've got 410's and I'm a little afraid I won't be able to keep my tires from smoking! Crap, I may be doing another gear swap and the 410's only have about 500 miles on 'em.
ORIGINAL: rygenstormlocke

Ya, I don't think you need a tall gear for the X. Which is something to factor in if you go X, can save some cash on gears.
Old 01-16-2007, 10:19 PM
Krazer
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: beaustang

Yeah, I've got 410's and I'm a little afraid I won't be able to keep my tires from smoking! Crap, I may be doing another gear swap and the 410's only have about 500 miles on 'em.
ORIGINAL: rygenstormlocke

Ya, I don't think you need a tall gear for the X. Which is something to factor in if you go X, can save some cash on gears.
Holy Sh*T you have 4.10'sthats whatI want to run with the X Charger man you have to keep me informed I will be pm'ing you after your X Charger install count on it.

Beausatng our power curve ( X Charger per dyno sheets)hp& tq follows a GT closely andthereare GT guys running good et's with 4.10'slike firestang for one.
Old 01-16-2007, 10:24 PM
Torch_Vert
5th Gear Member

As far as I know, there's nothing out there for better valve covers for the 4.0 at this point.

Regarding a polished blower, it's always been my theory you can usuallyget whatever you want as long as you're willing to pay for it.
Old 01-17-2007, 08:36 PM
Krazer
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Torch_Vert

As far as I know, there's nothing out there for better valve covers for the 4.0 at this point.
I thought if anyone would know it would be you
I searched also I couldn't find anything but if you should come across any pm me.

Old 01-17-2007, 09:06 PM
Torch_Vert
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Krazer
I thought if anyone would know it would be you
I searched also I couldn't find anything but if you should come across any pm me.
Will do.
Old 01-18-2007, 01:27 PM
imyy4u
3rd Gear Member

i just don't understand why you'd buy a v-6 and supercharge it. why not just buy the GT, which is N/A, and built from the factory to handle 300hp and 320 tq? and with full factory warranty! these days you can buy a GT OTD for $25-$26k, which is less than you'd pay for a V6 + s/c + install + the parts you need to go with it, like LSD, etc.

seriously...trade in your car for a GT, and happy...no point in supercharging a v6 when you can get a n/a v8 with just as much power in stock form...and with full warranty!!!
Old 01-18-2007, 01:33 PM
GrayPony
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: imyy4u

i just don't understand why you'd buy a v-6 and supercharge it. why not just buy the GT, which is N/A, and built from the factory to handle 300hp and 320 tq? and with full factory warranty! these days you can buy a GT OTD for $25-$26k, which is less than you'd pay for a V6 + s/c + install + the parts you need to go with it, like LSD, etc.

seriously...trade in your car for a GT, and happy...no point in supercharging a v6 when you can get a n/a v8 with just as much power in stock form...and with full warranty!!!

Because we can and want to.

Quick Reply: X-Charger and boost questions