Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Pypes Or Dynomax Dual Exhaust Kit?

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2007, 12:07 PM
Justin_R
5th Gear Member

Default Pypes Or Dynomax Dual Exhaust Kit?

Does anybody have either kit? I think I dont know which one to go with, I would go with the JBA kit but for one its to expensive and second my dad wants a 3.5, or 4 inch tip so these kits would be perfect, Just wondering if anybody has em how I wanna know how they sound and if they drone alot? I really am leaning towards the dynomax system because Ive heard of them before Pypes I never hear of, BTW If I were to order it I would order it here
http://www.autopartswarehouse.com/pe...3&brandid=2800 , they seem like a good company and said they would price match so if you know where they sell it for less please let me know .Sorry for all the questions your help is truly appreciate, LOL!
Old 01-11-2007, 12:25 PM
wolfey2k
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Pypes Or Dynomax Dual Exhaust Kit?

I'm about to install Pypes X- pipe true dual cat back system on mine. The set came with Violator mufflers. Baught a GT rear bumper cover from www.V6MustangStuff.com Got a good deal on it.
I've heard thatVoilator's don't drone but I'll determine that after a test drive of course.
If I don't like the LOUDNESS which I prefer to avoid I'm going to change the mufflers out for GT take-off's. I want the flow, not the racket.
They do have real nice 4" chrome tips though. Look really nice.
I baught mine from www.rpmoutlet.com . Very solid company and I got a good deal on the exhaust as well as all the other stuff I purchased.
Just a note. One of the first things I did was to install Dynamat through out the entire floor pan area front and back. Cut the road noise by more than 50%!
Old 01-11-2007, 12:30 PM
cam2904
4th Gear Member

I have seen the dynomax on sale at jegs.com for like 382.00 I am still trying to decide between single or dual. If single for me it would be flowmaster. Dual Dynomax,
Old 01-11-2007, 12:32 PM
Justin_R
5th Gear Member

Im so confused on which ones to go with, hey when you get em installed could you PM me and tell me how you like em and how they sound?
Old 01-11-2007, 01:56 PM
8cd03gro
5th Gear Member

dont you already have dual mrt? is it too loud?
Old 01-11-2007, 05:27 PM
Justin_R
5th Gear Member

Hell yes, well inside, LOL!
Old 01-11-2007, 07:38 PM
Justin_R
5th Gear Member

Well it looks like im going with the JBA system they promised no drone and the others didnt thats what won over my dad, LOL! And they are a quality piece.
Old 01-11-2007, 09:57 PM
nonstopred
5th Gear Member

well the pypes are stainless
the dynomax and jba are both aluminized
Old 01-11-2007, 10:05 PM
volcom2218
1st Gear Member

Well last week i ordered the Jba's with the H pipe, BUT rpmoutlet sent me the Pypes with the X pipe instead. So im going to stick with the pypes and and I'll see how they work out for me.
Old 01-11-2007, 10:06 PM
Justin_R
5th Gear Member

Did you get the difference back? And you know once you put em on you cant return em.

ORIGINAL: volcom2218

Well last week i ordered the Jba's with the H pipe, BUT rpmoutlet sent me the Pypes with the X pipe instead. So im going to stick with the pypes and and I'll see how they work out for me.

Quick Reply: Pypes Or Dynomax Dual Exhaust Kit?