Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Are other cars faster?

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2007, 11:30 PM
davesyo
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Are other cars faster?

also a stock v6 manual can do 0-60 in about 6.6 which is still on par with many foreign cars .
Old 01-16-2007, 01:09 AM
8cd03gro
5th Gear Member

while there are faster cars in the same class, there aren't in this price range that are in this class. our car starts under 20 grand. a totally base 5 speed manual has gone 15.0 (per modernracer, they actually did do their own testing) and with the pony packages stickier tires, i bet someone will end up going 14's stock. Think about a rwd car that can run extremely low 15's in stock form that is under 20 grand brand new....i can't think of a single one, and our car is amazing looking. Sure a new civic si will outhandle our cars...sure a new gti is a bit quicker... the gti costs quite a bit more, the si is kinda fugly imo and is fwd....now one of the best competitors in our price range really is the cobalt ss/sc...just a bit more expensive, quite a bit quicker, will outhandle us like crazy, and mods better....but their internals can't take 300whp, and they seem to have quite a few problems. over all really the only car i would buy that is close to our price is the cobalt ss/sc, and at least that is an american car. i was VERY close to buying a black one, but i just couldn't take fwd. Our car is one of the, if not the quickest straight line car under 20 grand new that is on sale right now, and it is by far one of the best looking...plus it is pretty comfy. don't worry about it, you got your moneys worth
Old 01-16-2007, 03:21 AM
Ronaele05
1st Gear Member

+1 to all that 8cd03gro said. Looksdea sexy, price is right and we are RWD what else can you ask for byt more power. Which by the looks of it anyone and evryone on this forums is finding ways of getting that. I seem to remember Puerto Rico4.6 running a really nice 14.58 i believe on a V6.

Damn happy to have myself a sixer and wouldn't trade it for anything but the GT500. Hell im selling my bike for it which is a $hit load faster.
This is justmy opinion but best car out there
Old 01-16-2007, 10:55 AM
Puerto Rico 4.6
3rd Gear Member

Could be Fazm ...i hate those CVT trannys ...they make the car feel live anoverpowered golf cart.

Old 01-16-2007, 01:50 PM
fazm
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Ronaele05

+1 to all that 8cd03gro said. Looksdea sexy, price is right and we are RWD what else can you ask for byt more power. Which by the looks of it anyone and evryone on this forums is finding ways of getting that. I seem to remember Puerto Rico4.6 running a really nice 14.58 i believe on a V6.

Damn happy to have myself a sixer and wouldn't trade it for anything but the GT500. Hell im selling my bike for it which is a $hit load faster.
This is justmy opinion but best car out there
there are at least 5 of us running 14.5's or better with just bolt ons.

boss
me
fitbik... somin somin lol
PR4.6
blaster (havent heard from him in a while)
Old 01-16-2007, 04:51 PM
Feng Houzi
3rd Gear Member

I agree with everyone about our cars being stupid fast, amazingly beautiful, and priced just right. I AM sick of people looking at my car and scoffing at the small engine... It doesn't get to me too bad, I don't really race or speed, good to know I have it when I need it though... My best defense... I tell anyone that Men who have to compensate for shortcomings in there lives, often do so with a car, that shuts up most of em... Especially in front of women...
A lot of people don't know what our engines actually can do... GT is just a bigger name... Plus most people that try and get me are 18-19 year olds fresh out of Basic Training... I just tell them to shut up...
Old 01-16-2007, 08:12 PM
spooky
2nd Gear Member

i own a V6 and i get compliments on it all the time. don't think i would get as much or any if i had a Nissan Altima or Sentra. besides, i don't care if other cars can go faster than mine cause i'm in no hurry to break my perfect driving record.
Old 01-16-2007, 10:18 PM
Rogue24
2nd Gear Member

I was at the ford dealership today and was talking about ford's new 3.5l v6 engine with 265hp, they want to put it in the new mustangs.
Edit: it gets 18-25mpg in Ford's new FWD Edge.
Old 01-17-2007, 12:31 AM
fazm
5th Gear Member

i think we've been over this a lot lol, the 3.5 is a FWD based engine, and the mustang will never be FWD. so its unlikely you will see it in the mustang
Old 01-18-2007, 12:55 AM
DragonPL
3rd Gear Member

THis sucks:
a 3.5 V6 N/Awith 300Hp and 274Trq:
http://www.edmunds.com/new/2007/lexu...750/specs.html

Quick Reply: Are other cars faster?