Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

I got spanked by an 04 GT

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2007, 01:03 PM
imyy4u
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: I got spanked by an 04 GT

ORIGINAL: ricklmesa@***.net

Cause its funman! simple & plain fun.I spent $4000 to see the look on peoples faces when Itake there $30-$35,000 car. Itsfunny. I ended up on the road withtwo 97-98Cobras(one of those years, the rounded off ones before the 99's) There had to be in there late 30's early 40's. Anyway they pulled up next to each other and theystarted giving each other mustang pride/love. Well what about me?? Where is my respect? where is my mustang pride & love?? Well the light turned green and one of them took off pretty nice. So I boosted right past both of there azzez. Bypass valve in there window and all!! lol One of them literally ran the yellow cause he didn't want to give me props and the other stopped but he would not even look at me so I could give him a thumbs up. How lame is that! Its really fun man, It made my week. lol Those Cobras are not the fastest one but hey i only got a V6!! lol

Honestly the only V8 I would spend money on these days is the GTO. Way better for the money than a mustang GT.Not sure of there Tq which is what really matters but they dyno in at about 340ish hp to the floor stock I believe. The looks are notas good as a mustang but hey.I mean I don't want to spend $26-$35,000 just for GT mustang. What like 280hp & 330tq to the floor?? I would just geta used Vette and save up for a new motor. The power to weight ratio is way better. I mean don't get me wrong V8's are tuff but these days what most v8's put out is the same as a good six or boosted 4like some of these Evolution's and Sti's. The tq might no be as high but you can work on that. Its almost a waste to get a V8at this day & age.My plan is to get a used Zo6 vette in 5-7 years if I can. and blow that thing out!! lolThere will always be faster though.
excuse me, but i paid $26k for my GT with IUP and shaker 1000. so if you paid $20k for your v-6, + the cost of the supercharger, + labor that either you did or paid to have done, my car probably cost LESS than yours. plus it's n/a, and more reliable, AND i have the full factory warranty.

so, sounds to me like you're the idiot, and i came out on top. :-)
Old 01-18-2007, 01:06 PM
imyy4u
3rd Gear Member

by the way, i ran a 13.498 in 100% stock trim, down to the stock pirelli's. that's with my spare in the trunk, plus the full weight of the shaker 1000, plus a toolbox i had in the trunk.

can your supercharged v-6 run that? probably not...you'd need a LSD and some suspension mods just to put your power to the ground.

more proof that my $26k was a lot better spent than your $26k since my car can probably still smoke you (and if not, come damn close) at the track, PLUS i'm n/a.

so please, before you say the GT is a waste of money, look at what you've done with the same amount. a lot less...
Old 01-18-2007, 01:34 PM
A_Sixer
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: imyy4u

by the way, i ran a 13.498 in 100% stock trim, down to the stock pirelli's. that's with my spare in the trunk, plus the full weight of the shaker 1000, plus a toolbox i had in the trunk.

can your supercharged v-6 run that? probably not...you'd need a LSD and some suspension mods just to put your power to the ground.

more proof that my $26k was a lot better spent than your $26k since my car can probably still smoke you (and if not, come damn close) at the track, PLUS i'm n/a.

so please, before you say the GT is a waste of money, look at what you've done with the same amount. a lot less...
I do not want to get in the middle of this one...... But check the timeslip registry @ the collective forum....

1 v6 Turbo 12.45
3v6 S/C cars in the 12....
5 v6 S/C,TC or NOS within 13.1 - 13.45

.....13.498 100% stock With stock tires.That is a very, very, very, good time, do you have a time slip?

If you do, Props to you!!!, because there are a lot of s197 GT owners in this site with CAI's, Tunes, LCA's and more only pulling 13's.....

Old 01-18-2007, 02:20 PM
fitbikeco
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: imyy4u

id have to see the timeslip for that one
but ya there talkin about the new edge GTs not the s197 GT get off your high horse please
Old 01-18-2007, 11:26 PM
Jerseyfury2
4th Gear Member

lets see the time slip...i really don't believe that.
Old 01-18-2007, 11:38 PM
Ronaele05
1st Gear Member

why are you in the V6 specific forums ******* on the Six's. This isn;t your territory. Please back off. We have decided we are happy with our six's and that if we spend a total of 26k on our cars to catch up to you we are ok with that(speaking in my own opinion of the group as a whole) And plus after 26k can you say you are blown, no you cant all you can say is that im 100% stock, Congrats man
As for me i rather be a fully blown and moddedSix than a bone stock V8
Do i have anyone behind me with this?
Old 01-18-2007, 11:54 PM
8cd03gro
5th Gear Member

most gt owners run high 13s. very rarely do stockers see mid 13s...there are multiple 4.0s that have run mid-low 14s with bolt ons, so lets say heads and cams show a 30rwhp gain over the bolt ons...thats an easy 13 second car that is naturally aspirated, probably very reliable, gets good gas milage, outhandles a gt, and is a total sleeper. probably cost a good deal less than an equally equipped gt also. i got my FULLY LOADED 6er for under 20k, so give me the extra 6k you spent and my car will rape the living **** out of yours....although thats not what i want. I just want a 13 second car that doesnt bust the hell out of my insurance rates since i am 16. If i had purchased a gt my insurance would have been almost TRIPLE. If you just want to be as fast as a gt, dont mind blowing the factory warranty, and may have bad insurance rates or want better gas mileage, cant spend all the money at once, want to be really unique or something, the v6 may be the better option as it was for me. for most performance minded enthusiats, the gt is the better choice, but imyy you need to realize there are different situations and wants for different people. dont mean to get snippy, but i have discussed this with you in multiple threads and you never seem to realize it even tho i explain this every time.

and imyy, just reading your post talking about not running a 13.5 with a blower without lsd and suspension work.... with the extra six grand, you could get a full procharger kit, install, lsd, gears, and maybe some suspension stuff and run 12s on street rubber. that argument is stupid.

different strokes for different folks guys....this is argued way too much.
Old 01-19-2007, 12:00 AM
Ronaele05
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 8cd03gro

because imyy is like codyss on the cobalt forums (if anyone here is a member here they will know) he cant stand his car not being the best for every possible reason. most gt owners run high 13s. very rarely do stockers see mid 13s...there are multiple 4.0s that have run mid-low 14s with bolt ons, so lets say heads and cams show a 30rwhp gain over the bolt ons...thats an easy 13 second car that is naturally aspirated, probably very reliable, gets good gas milage, outhandles a gt, and is a total sleeper. probably cost a good deal less than an equally equipped gt also. i got my FULLY LOADED 6er for under 20k, so give me the extra 6k you spent and my car will rape the living **** out of yours....although thats not what i want. I just want a 13 second car that doesnt bust the hell out of my insurance rates since i am 16. If i had purchased a gt my insurance would have been almost TRIPLE. If you just want to be as fast as a gt, dont mind blowing the factory warranty, and may have bad insurance rates or want better gas mileage, cant spend all the money at once, want to be really unique or something, the v6 may be the better option as it was for me. for most performance minded enthusiats, the gt is the better choice, but imyy you need to realize there are different situations and wants for different people. dont mean to get snippy, but i have discussed this with you in multiple threads and you never seem to realize it even tho i explain this every time.

and imyy, just reading your post talking about not running a 13.5 with a blower without lsd and suspension work.... with the extra six grand, you could get a full procharger kit, install, lsd, gears, and maybe some suspension stuff and run 12s on street rubber. that argument is stupid.

different strokes for different folks guys....this is argued way too much.
+++1 definately what i was going for on that speech. And not to thread jack, but anyone have any links to upgraded internals for our engines? i want to do that before i put on a blower
Old 01-19-2007, 12:02 AM
8cd03gro
5th Gear Member

well everything is pretty damned strong and should be fine, but if you want to be super safe, what you want is some stronger...if you want to really make some big *** power, you could throw some rods in while you're in there and make some SERIOUS power safely.

http://www.supersixmotorsports.com/p...atalogVer4.pdf

they have some stuff.
Old 01-19-2007, 12:09 AM
Jerseyfury2
4th Gear Member

yea this argument is ridiculous. Go ahead and argue but we're still gonna be paying less at the pump, less to the insurance company, and less when something goes wrong with the motor (most of the time). So yes Ronaele05...I am behind you 100% with everything you said; i would much rather have a modded v6 than a stock GT...especially a 99-04. Plus who looks better? haha. Hint hint: chicks dig S197s over edges

Quick Reply: I got spanked by an 04 GT