Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

bi xenon hid conversion kit

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2007, 09:25 AM
CainMotorsports2102
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: bi xenon hid conversion kit

I have a similar issue with my low beam only ones..except when you turn the car on, it totally kills them. SOmething about the harness not reading enough voltage, the company that sells man is sending my a resistor harness that is supposed to ail the issue, if not Im going to run them off a relay...id give stangmods a call and see what they have done.
Old 01-26-2007, 03:29 PM
Puleo76
3rd Gear Member

well first off i have to say stangmods customer support is great....

i emailed them 8pm eastern time and i got a response a little later that night. im on break right now, its 1:30 and Matt is having them call me w/ instructions and trouble shooting help.

i highly recommend stang mods because if their closed and they still respond ASAP thats amazing to me.

also once before, i emailed them at like 11pm and they responded still.... not automated response but a person.

so yea. when my problems are straightend out, ill make a review, lol
Old 01-26-2007, 04:16 PM
Jerseyfury2
4th Gear Member

rock on
Old 01-27-2007, 12:46 AM
chrisc
5th Gear Member

yeah, i have to vouch for them too. i emailed them once at around 10pm and they got back to me in like 20 minutes
Old 01-27-2007, 04:12 AM
Puleo76
3rd Gear Member

ok well after emailing and everything w/ Matt. A new kit is going to be sent to me to be at my door for monday which is very impressive and they will also be sending me a ups return slip so i wont have to pay for shipping back.

As of now, my high beams are the only things working but lets just say that these things are wow...

I will post pictures after my new kit comes. its freezing outside and i just got home from work. lol
Old 01-27-2007, 02:48 PM
blk06v6

I had the same issue with my HID's. Its not your HID kit, the low beam signal is dirty when the engine is running and its not enough to keep the ballasts going to power the xenon bulbs. Even if you use the low beams to trigger a relay system that draws off the battery directly, the low beam circuit is still way too choppy and dirty with the engine running, the relays just click on and off repeatedly and the flickering persists. My soulution was to hook up the ballasts to the high beam circuit. It has a relay built in to that circuit under the hood. Since I hooked to the high beam circuit I've had no problems and the HIDs work perfect, except having to take out my gauges and remove the light for the high beam. I almost ended up just building my own harness and putting a on/off switch on my dash somewhere because I was getting fustrated with them flickering out before I tried the high beam wiring. Anyway I guess my post is just to let you guys know that the high beam circuit has enough muscle to push HID lamps and ballasts. Its not your HID kit and DEFINITLY how the mustang is wired thats causing the problems.
Old 01-27-2007, 05:41 PM
Puleo76
3rd Gear Member

the only thing that works is my high beams but the problem is i have the kit that is supposed to make high and low beams work w/ the xenons. thus the Bi-xenon kit. lol
Old 01-28-2007, 06:16 PM
oaussieo

G'day guys, I just installed these lights and I had the same problem, I ran wires fromthe battery and installed a relay, they run great now, the head light wire harness onthe 2005-2007 is a low volt system and will not power HIDS with out a relay...

Hop this helps

~~Ken~~
Old 01-28-2007, 06:35 PM
chrisc
5th Gear Member

what do you mean by "i installed a relay"? what kind of relay,where did you get it, how did you do it?
Old 01-28-2007, 07:43 PM
Puleo76
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: chrisc

what do you mean by "i installed a relay"? what kind of relay,where did you get it, how did you do it?
yea... exactly what chrisc asked... lol... what, where and how? lol pics and detailed how to please...

Quick Reply: bi xenon hid conversion kit