Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

scam?

Old 02-11-2007, 11:11 PM
nonstopred
5th Gear Member

Default scam?

I ordered a grille from ebay (the plain black billet) and it was 80 bux +20 shipping (like 50 less than any other vendor. Sooo I quick ordered it and payed with paypal. I then got an email that said that sorry the grille we have is damaged so we are getting another one in soon but do we can give a refund. Take that as woops we messed up the price or umm we never had this to begin. Now something that is also fishy, if he claims to have a broken one in stock...why would he have the exact item relisted again. This really confuses me. Has this happened to anyone? This guy will get bad ratings. (if he ever ships the item)
Old 02-11-2007, 11:31 PM
A_Sixer
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: scam?

Sorry It doesn't smell good........

I wouold contact PayPal and see what your optioons are.....
Old 02-11-2007, 11:35 PM
GrayPony
4th Gear Member

I suspect he was hoping the auction closed with a higher price.
Old 02-11-2007, 11:39 PM
nonstopred
5th Gear Member

it was buy it now

and I want the grille at that price and I think i'll wait it out a week or so and see if he ever ships it. He said he'll refund me but I dont want to pay that extra amount from the other people when I have his credibility on the line to get this one for what I paid.
Old 02-11-2007, 11:42 PM
A_Sixer
2nd Gear Member

You never know......

Maybe he is waiting on stock to arrive......and that is why the add still up..... shady but who knows....
Old 02-12-2007, 12:27 AM
feejay
2nd Gear Member

Probably not a scam, probably a dealer who put an item up on eBay then had someone offer more. Either way, not the type of eBay'er you'd want to deal with. Get the refund. If you get stiffed on the refund, then it's a scam.
Old 02-12-2007, 12:49 AM
Black06stang
4th Gear Member

The item could be damaged, and he has another one coming in that he will ship you. Or he didn't have any in stock, so he has to get one.

Whats his feedback?
Old 02-12-2007, 01:39 AM
nonstopred
5th Gear Member

i read and since he sells a ton of stuff the negatives are outbalanced by the positives. Most people like it, but the people have the same problems. They say they ordered it and didnt get it for a month. or they said that he said the product was damaged. Then another made a comment that why is he listing a product he doesnt have in stock. Ebay shouldnt be used as a store. You should only have something if its a hard item that you can ship out. Very shady, i'll wait and see what happens.

I got a big replacement upper grille thats black shipping was 20 bux
the matching lower grille was 65 dollars shipping?

how do you figure that?

Old 02-12-2007, 01:42 PM
SPARTAN VI
4th Gear Member

Probably not a scammer. This wouldn't be the first time someone sold an item without having it in stock.

If his feedback is less than 90%, I wouldrequest a refund. Ifthe itemdoesn't arrive withina week and he doesn't respond to my emails, then file a claim through paypal or do a charge back on your credit card. PayPal usually sides with a buyer in cases of non-receipt. It is afterall the seller's responsibility to ensure the item is in your possession within a reasonable amount of time.

And yes, this has happened to me. I bought a Jaguar S-Type chrome mesh grille for my dad's jag. It was a father's day present. Took them 5 weeks and many excuses to get it me. What's even more upsetting is the store is in LA. It would have taken me 40 minutes to drive to their store and pick it up. Obviously, it was just a matter of selling an item that they didn't have in stock.
Old 02-13-2007, 11:50 PM
Ken M
1st Gear Member

With negative feedback comments like that, I never would have ordered from him, unless you don't mind "waiting for a month", or whatever problems others experienced. I've done a lot of ebay business, selling and buying, and never buy from anyone who has negative feedback comments like your seller.