Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Superchargers

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2007, 08:03 PM
Torch_Vert
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Superchargers

ORIGINAL: 8cd03gro

i thought the hi-po was technically still with the 3" with the 2.8 as an option?
You're right. Thanks for catching that.
Old 02-15-2007, 08:06 PM
v6VenoM
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Torch_Vert

ORIGINAL: v6VenoM

So you guys really like the X-Charger huh? I hear the best benefits of it is the low end torque. Basically that's the take-off right? Do any of the X-guys have an auto? I'm wondering how the take-off is with the auto, since I have an auto.
Most of the X-Cars are Autos. Of the original four, mine was the only manual (the only convertable too for that matter). We've since added more manuals to the X ranks, but the autos are way out ahead in numbers. In some ways the auto is better prepped to handle the torque the "X" lays down. (yes, that's the kick in the seat when you push the pedal to the floor). The Auto V6 has the same tranny as the GT, and can handle the increased output well. The manual guys will almost certainly have to look at installing an upgraded performance clutch eventually.

Yea I saw the pics and figured as much, I just like to ask things twice to be sure.
Old 02-15-2007, 08:19 PM
afixer
5th Gear Member

i have both pulleys . use the 3 for street and the 2.8 for track . i cant tell the diferance. but the car can.
Old 02-15-2007, 08:38 PM
Torch_Vert
5th Gear Member

I think I'll probably be going the same route. I don't really need more for the street, but for the occasional track run.....
Old 02-15-2007, 08:50 PM
v6VenoM
3rd Gear Member

hey Afixer is that ur car on the Explorer Express site? on the top in that ad.
Old 02-15-2007, 09:04 PM
scrming
5th Gear Member

Yes, that is Mr. Media ***** himself!!! LOL!

Now, don't let the X-Men fool you... The Vortech is just as comfortable on the street as it is the strip! Now they talk a good game about low end torque... but the fact is I've got a better 60' with my Vortech and very similar setup (actually the X-charger car had better tires! LOL!)

One thing I will give the X-Charger is it's look... it is pure sex on wheels!!!

BTW... the Vortech HO kit will get you OVER 300RWHP! And it cost less....

Old 02-15-2007, 09:15 PM
v6VenoM
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: scrming

Yes, that is Mr. Media ***** himself!!! LOL!

Now, don't let the X-Men fool you... The Vortech is just as comfortable on the street as it is the strip! Now they talk a good game about low end torque... but the fact is I've got a better 60' with my Vortech and very similar setup (actually the X-charger car had better tires! LOL!)

One thing I will give the X-Charger is it's look... it is pure sex on wheels!!!

BTW... the Vortech HO kit will get you OVER 300RWHP! And it cost less....

Really? And that is putting it on a bone stock 6? Do you have a link where I can find it? You have a Vortech?
Old 02-15-2007, 09:32 PM
petepete
5th Gear Member

Keep in mind with the stock vortech tune you probably wont get 300rwhp. Youll need a custom tune. And I dont think that scrming got that 60' bone sock other than supercharger. Not sure what he had at the time so i guess hell tell you that o_O
Old 02-15-2007, 09:35 PM
v6VenoM
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: petepete

Keep in mind with the stock vortech tune you probably wont get 300rwhp. Youll need a custom tune. And I dont think that scrming got that 60' bone sock other than supercharger. Not sure what he had at the time so i guess hell tell you that o_O
when you say a custom tune, you mean like on the SCT2 tuner? I'm a newb sorry if it seems like a stupid question.
Old 02-15-2007, 09:38 PM
petepete
5th Gear Member

yes theyll use your sct but youll need to go to a performance shop with a dyno and what not and theyll tweak your tune more than the vortech tune. The vortech tune is set at SUpersafe and a tuner will take it to just safe so you get more hp o_O

Quick Reply: Superchargers