Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Sctxcal 2.....Will it work???

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2007, 01:29 PM
pallidamors
Banned

Default Sctxcal 2.....Will it work???

Before my 03 mustang gt met an untimely death from a treeI had a sctxcal with tune loaded waiting to be installed along with a set of gears. I have since gotten a GTO( puts flame suit on) and sold the gears. I do however still have the sctxcal 2. I would like to know if it will work on my fiance's 05 sixer. Her car is an automatic and I was hoping to remove some of the lag associated with it. I was planning on order a cai and tune from somebody and have the tune emailed to me and load it on my tuner.Here are my 3 questions

1. Will it work?
2. If it will work who do you recommend that I purchase the intake/tune from.
3. Is it difficult to load an emailed tune onto the xcal2?

Thanks guys
Old 02-16-2007, 05:51 PM
NickSezz
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Sctxcal 2.....Will it work???

Yeah that would work.

Everyone will tell you that Brenspeed, B A M A C H I P S, Evolution, Alternative Auto, and VMP are all good places for an intake and tune. I know B A M A and Brenspeed will e-mail you a tune for $70 and 3 tunes for like $120 I think. Im not sure on the prices but its not hard to look up on their site. They also carry the intakes as well. I have a tune from Brenspeed on my MMR intake it it runs very strong. Good power nowin all RPM ranges.

They will guide you on how to load the tune from your computer to the tuner. Im guessing that if you can upload pictures from a camera, you can do this. And tuning the car takes 2 min....

Another alternative might be to send your tuner to one of the tuning companies so they can program it with the cars correctcomputer code. I not sure if they can do that over e-mail, someone else might have to chime in on that one or you can givethe company a call. After they tune thex-cal then they can send you that along with your new intake and youll be all set.

Let me just recommend Brenspeed to you because their customer serivceis great and I know they will help you out.
Old 02-16-2007, 06:58 PM
rmays06
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: NickSezz

Yeah that would work.

Everyone will tell you that Brenspeed, B A M A C H I P S, Evolution, Alternative Auto, and VMP are all good places for an intake and tune. I know B A M A and Brenspeed will e-mail you a tune for $70 and 3 tunes for like $120 I think. Im not sure on the prices but its not hard to look up on their site. They also carry the intakes as well. I have a tune from Brenspeed on my MMR intake it it runs very strong. Good power nowin all RPM ranges.

They will guide you on how to load the tune from your computer to the tuner. Im guessing that if you can upload pictures from a camera, you can do this. And tuning the car takes 2 min....

Another alternative might be to send your tuner to one of the tuning companies so they can program it with the cars correctcomputer code. I not sure if they can do that over e-mail, someone else might have to chime in on that one or you can givethe company a call. After they tune thex-cal then they can send you that along with your new intake and youll be all set.

Let me just recommend Brenspeed to you because their customer serivceis great and I know they will help you out.
Perfect advice Nick i was going to give out that info myself.
Old 02-16-2007, 11:35 PM
pallidamors
Banned

Thanks guys I appreciate it.